BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    2021 Comp JB4 with EWG drive train errors

10-17-2023, 01:28 AM   #1
RS61
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

2021 Comp JB4 with EWG drive train errors

Hey guys. As the title says I've got a 2021 LCI Comp with a JB4 5-wire installation including the EWGs. My experience has been that just the 3 wire setup doesn't add any boost or power, but the full 5 wire installation definitely does (running Map 2 on UK 98 fuel).

However I'm experiencing the same drive train faults that a lot of other people are with this setup - it seems to only affect post LCI Comp models and only with EWG connected. The official forum thread about it mentions it a bunch of times. https://www.jb4tech.com/forum/model-.../20989-/page18

I do a lot of track days in my car, and on track I can barely make it around 3-4 laps before it pops up and I need to come in, put the car in diagnostic mode, and clear it. There are typically 3-8 different codes that are shown and the car is in limp mode. If I disconnect the EWGs (using Bit 5) then there is no issue at all, I can go full power for a full 20 minute track session.

I've been messaging Terry and he's been trying to help with various settings but it's not really working. Three questions:

1. Has anyone with this exact car and setup managed to overcome this issue?

2. Does anyone with a Racechip use their car on track and does it ever throw errors like this?

3. Does anyone with an Evolve tune (I'm in the UK) track their car, and does it ever throw errors?

The errors pop up not during basic spirited driving but when the car is under major stress - eg third gear long drift, or high speed full power upshift while loaded in a corner, etc. I'm trying to find a way of getting the extra power but in a way that doesn't throw errors in these scenarios.
Appreciate 0