Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

07-21-2016, 03:16 PM   #45
dh3622
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, M4 CSL

Just received my M4 GTS 7 digit production number but it ends in (S). Does anyone know what the (S) stands for?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 05:02 PM   #46
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
Assembly Complete, 155 Status, waiting to be transported then on a ship to USA.
151 for me today.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 07:12 PM   #47
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetsstm3
My car was a week 37 production car but a strange thing just happened. I received an update that it went to status 150 this morning however, the system still projects a September completion. Should be interesting to see what happens in the next few days. Fingers crossed that it really is in production and I'll see 155 soon!
I got the same thing. I wonder what is up? It doesn't take 2 months to build.......
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 10:55 PM   #48
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

OK, just called for telephone update. Car is complete and "awaiting release to carrier for transport". Kind of cool to think it's been built, just waiting for a new home.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 11:07 PM   #49
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I hope you guys know that 155 means its only completed at the Munich factory. The M4 GTS will then need to be shipped to Garching where the GTS parts gets fitted by hand. That process can take up to 8 weeks long. When its completed it will show a "delivery status"

Here are how the cars look when leaving the Munich factory with a 155 status. I took these pics when I was in Munich and that afternoon I got to visit the BMW M headquarters in Garching.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 05:23 AM   #50
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS
I hope you guys know that 155 means its only completed at the Munich factory. The M4 GTS will then need to be shipped to Garching where the GTS parts gets fitted by hand. That process can take up to 8 weeks long. When its completed it will show a "delivery status"

Here are how the cars look when leaving the Munich factory with a 155 status. I took these pics when I was in Munich and that afternoon I got to visit the BMW M headquarters in Garching.
Yeah I'm wondering if this whole differential and rear suspension is the reason for delays. Most likely but they'll never tell unless. I've tried for the last week trying to get info from my CA or sales manager. No info whatsoever. I don't mind waiting if it needs to be done right but letting us know what's going on does help soften the blow of waiting longer. Most of us will be waiting close to a year if not longer for the car. I still consider myself lucky to get one. Enough ranting carry on.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:18 AM   #51
johnr265
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post

This is fascinating. I can see the splitter and wings are not on but clearly the wheels, brakes, and I would assume suspension are already on. What other parts are they hand fitting? Are they removing things that were already put on? I have heard that's why custom stitching at Porsche is so expensive. They actually assemble the car once, then have to take the panels off that need the deviated stitching and replace them with ones with the deviated stitching. Thanks for the insight.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 11:40 AM   #52
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr265 View Post
This is fascinating. I can see the splitter and wings are not on but clearly the wheels, brakes, and I would assume suspension are already on. What other parts are they hand fitting? Are they removing things that were already put on? I have heard that's why custom stitching at Porsche is so expensive. They actually assemble the car once, then have to take the panels off that need the deviated stitching and replace them with ones with the deviated stitching. Thanks for the insight.
Take my GTS for example. It rolled off the Munich production line on April 6 and then it got completed on April 21 at Garching. But the completion date (155) shows April 6.

This is a list of parts (I know of) that gets fitted at Garching

Water injection system
Roll cage
Seats and interior parts
3 way coilovers and then it gets corner balanced
GTS hood
Wing
Front splitter
Rear diffuser
Carbon wheels (cars ordered with carbon wheels will be shipped from Munich with 437m wheels)

Last edited by M4_GTS; 07-24-2016 at 04:26 PM..
Appreciate 0