BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    What do you think this car is worth?

02-12-2024, 01:50 PM   #23
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ5 View Post
If someone pays anywhere near 90k for a 21 with 20k miles they are crazy.

I don't care what options the car has. It is NOT worth 90k. It WON'T sell for 90k unless a moron comes along. Period. If the seller can get 85k for that car he will be VERY lucky.

23 with 4k miles most options. Sold for $92k.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3zP...tition-package
Hang tight while I microwave the popcorn, please.

02-12-2024, 03:41 PM   #24
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ5 View Post
If someone pays anywhere near 90k for a 21 with 20k miles they are crazy.

I don't care what options the car has. It is NOT worth 90k. It WON'T sell for 90k unless a moron comes along. Period. If the seller can get 85k for that car he will be VERY lucky.

23 with 4k miles most options. Sold for $92k.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3zP...tition-package
Yea we know.. I pointed this auction out while it was brand new (5-6 days left on it) in your thread as an option for you to consider because I knew it'd likely be a nice deal/steal:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2076880

I also wrote a true statement in my reply:

"No idea if it’s what you are looking for or not but I always find these auction sites seem to go relatively or way cheaper than dealers. In fact — it’s often dealers buying them to ship and resell."

A substantial number of the people who buy on carsandbids are dealers... they buy it so low they can ship the car to their dealership and still sell for a profit. That M5C is a fine example.. it's en route to a dealership in Illinois now and is already listed on the Internet for $110,000... so they have already marked it up from what they bought it for by $18,000... :-)

https://www.samleman.com/inventory/u...3ch05pcl30024/

They basically buy cars if they can make 10-15k on selling them. Prices on CarsandBids, PCars, and BaT often go WAYYYY under what a reasonable and patient seller can get. So yeah... not a good example to use as to why the car should sell so cheap. That '23 model on CarsAndBids is also missing a lot of the key and by far most expensive options found on the one listed in this thread too...

When I sold my M550i — someone had put theirs up on carsandbids too (same year and almost identical options). They had a slightly different black color and our MSRP was within $400 of each other. My car did have Remus exhaust with it. They ended at $71.5k (edit: corrected from the 68k I said earlier — went on carsandbids and found the old auction). I sold my privately for $81k and I had double the mileage.

Last edited by crypto; 02-12-2024 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 4
      02-12-2024, 04:03 PM   #25
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypto View Post
Yea we know.. I pointed this auction out while it was brand new (5-6 days left on it) in your thread as an option for you to consider because I knew it'd likely be a nice deal/steal:

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2076880

I also wrote a true statement in my reply:

A substantial number of the people who buy on carsandbids are dealers... they buy it so low they can ship the car to their dealership and still sell for a profit. That M5C is a fine example.. it's en route to a dealership in Illinois now and is already listed on the Internet for $110,000... so they have already marked it up from what they bought it for by $18,000... :-)

https://www.samleman.com/inventory/u...3ch05pcl30024/

They basically buy cars if they can make 10-15k on selling them. Prices on CarsandBids, PCars, and BaT often go WAYYYY under what a reasonable and patient seller can get. So yeah... not a good example to use as to why the car should sell so cheap. That '23 model on CarsAndBids is also missing a lot of the key and by far most expensive options found on the one listed in this thread too...

When I sold my M550i -- someone had put theirs up on carsandbids too (same year and almost identical options). They had a slightly different black color and our MSRP was within $400 of each other. My car did have Remus exhaust with it. They ended at $67 or 68k on carsandbids. I sold my privately for $81k and I had higher mileage.

if thats not a mic moment drop I dont know what is ....I literally just posted multiple examples of recent dealer auctin transactions, and just like your example they mark them up significantly.... Auction value on a 2021 spec'd and mileage as OP suggests is wholesale worth 78-82K, and retail 88-92K. UNLESS... there is more to the story on that one, as I mentioned, accidents, service history with a lot of reflags, evidence of a tune, smells like a dog kennel, or a even worse a dog kennel that was parked in a chain smokers trailer. Ill add to what you mentioned in the other thread, this example is missing CCB, BW, as well as its a competition with a sunroof... the first 2 are 12-15,000.00 in options and the sunroof, makes it well..... kind of not very sought after, or severely eliminates a large percentage of buyers who would not touch a sunroof comp M5.

...and ResIpsaLoquitur buttered popcorn? Cheddar? .... maybe Carmel?? sounds delicious.

Last edited by jnotrom711; 02-12-2024 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 04:34 PM   #26
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
if thats not a mic moment drop I dont know what is ....I literally just posted multiple examples of recent dealer auctin transactions, and just like your example they mark them up significantly.... Auction value on a 2021 spec'd and mileage as OP suggests is wholesale worth 78-82K, and retail 88-92K. UNLESS... there is more to the story on that one, as I mentioned, accidents, service history with a lot of reflags, evidence of a tune, smells like a dog kennel, or a even worse a dog kennel that was parked in a chain smokers trailer. Ill add to what you mentioned in the other thread, this example is missing CCB, BW, as well as its a competition with a sunroof... the first 2 are 12-15,000.00 in options and the sunroof, makes it well..... kind of not very sought after, or severely eliminates a large percentage of buyers who would not touch a sunroof comp M5.

...and ResIpsaLoquitur buttered popcorn? Cheddar? .... maybe Carmel?? sounds delicious.
For you brother, I’ll prepare all of them.
      02-12-2024, 05:04 PM   #27
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
For you brother, I’ll prepare all of them.
Well if its not kettle corn... i'm not interested... Im high maintenance, I know, sorry.
Appreciate 3
      02-12-2024, 05:39 PM   #28
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
I suppose the joke could be on us..... OP did not specify if he was a dealer? So maybe thats the disconnect? Maybe this whole time he was thinking less than wholesale pricing because he's a dealer? anyway, anything around 85-87K I would consider a great deal. 87-90k would be acceptable, and over 92-95k would be a relatively normal starting point a dealer would list the car at.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:26 AM   #29
Mr. Jonathan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5 Comp

I just bought a 2020 M5C CPO, 33k miles, fully loaded (minus adaptive cruise control) clean carfax, 1 owner/lease turn-in for 68k if that helps. I had my eye on it since Oct and told the dealer to contact me when they planned to send to auction if it ever came to that point. Originally they wanted 78k.
Appreciate 1
      02-13-2024, 05:44 AM   #30
MarcoF90
United_States
Rep
Drives: Acura TLX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jonathan View Post
I just bought a 2020 M5C CPO, 33k miles, fully loaded (minus adaptive cruise control) clean carfax, 1 owner/lease turn-in for 68k if that helps. I had my eye on it since Oct and told the dealer to contact me when they planned to send to auction if it ever came to that point. Originally they wanted 78k.
That's a sweet deal! I can't wait to see what the F90 market will look like in a few months from now after the G90 reveal.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 09:07 AM   #31
crypto
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoF90 View Post
That's a sweet deal! I can't wait to see what the F90 market will look like in a few months from now after the G90 reveal.
It will drop a good bit. LCI vs non-LCI is a good drop.. theyll all start to get dated but so far i think the G60 looks like a step down from the G30/F90. There's wishful thinking the last pure V8 will be some stronghold of value but I do not really buy that. I didn't buy my car as an investment.. bought it to drive!

If people can get cars for lower price then good for them. I do not have any special motives of inflating the price of a response in here in some hopes this random thread will keep F90 prices high lol. I have no dog in this fight and will prob stop replying because I don't need to argue about what a car is worth any more. If the OP can get this car for 7x or 8x,xxx then great! I will be happy for them and def not lose any sleep. If OP makes an offer and gets the car I will legitimately interested about the final price. I don't mean to turn this thread into a battle and I hop everyone enjoys their F90s presently or in the future!
Appreciate 2