BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    14 Days in Port of Delivery?

12-09-2020, 04:49 AM   #1
MaxwellJZ81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5 Comp

14 Days in Port of Delivery?

My 2021 M5 Comp has been sitting in port in Baltimore since December 3rd! BMW Genius stated that it wasn't scheduled to leave until December 16th and arrive at my dealer on December 18th.

This seems unusually long to me. I recall that my F80 was only in port for a few days and that was because I ordered some port installed m performance parts. I ordered no port installed parts on this F90.

Is this delay related to the stop sale and the associated software update perhaps? Maybe staffing issues due to Covid? Is there any chance that things may progress sooner than reflected on their estimated timetable?

Is this timetable now standard or has anyone else been experiencing similar unusual delays? Any insight would be most appreciated.

- Max
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 07:21 AM   #2
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellJZ81 View Post
My 2021 M5 Comp has been sitting in port in Baltimore since December 3rd! BMW Genius stated that it wasn't scheduled to leave until December 16th and arrive at my dealer on December 18th.

This seems unusually long to me. I recall that my F80 was only in port for a few days and that was because I ordered some port installed m performance parts. I ordered no port installed parts on this F90.

Is this delay related to the stop sale and the associated software update perhaps? Maybe staffing issues due to Covid? Is there any chance that things may progress sooner than reflected on their estimated timetable?

Is this timetable now standard or has anyone else been experiencing similar unusual delays? Any insight would be most appreciated.

- Max
My car is due to arrive also in Baltimore on Monday the 14th. I have some port installed parts but I'm being told I can expect to pickup the car on Saturday the 19th.

Not sure why your car is sitting so long, the stop sale recall is done and has been done for a couple weeks now so it shouldn't be that.

My understanding is sold units get priority once they arrive at the VPC. Should be less than a week I would think for the vessel to arrive then be trucked to the dealership.

I have one thought and keep in mind it's only a theory based on what I've heard from others whose cars have stayed longer than normal at the VPC. I wonder if your car got damaged in transit and they are waiting for a part to repair. Again this is just a theory.

Good luck, on the bright side they seem to know when your car will depart the port and arrive at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
AndThat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Very similar. Offloaded from Apollon Highway in Brunswick around the 2nd and has been at VPC ever since. BMW Genius said it would be at dealer yesterday but it’s not. The stop sale still shows up on it in the dealer record which suggests the repair has not been completed yet, although Genius said they have the parts. They probably just have a long line of M cars needing the fix before they ship to dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #4
doc KB
Rep
Drives: 2011 honda accord

Quote:

- Max

I am in a similiar situation. My car has been at the VPC in oxnard, CA since November 27th with no movement or update from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2020, 03:25 PM   #5
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc KB View Post
I am in a similiar situation. My car has been at the VPC in oxnard, CA since November 27th with no movement or update from BMW.
It could be in the body shop at the VPC. I took a tour there, they had a M3 with the entire rear bumper off. Also a Rolls Royce with the door being painted. They don't have to disclose damage to you unless the damage is over 3% of the msrp, and that's at their cost. They do have an amazing body shop there. Your salesperson has the ability to find out if they are doing bodywork.

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.

Last edited by SSM5; 12-11-2020 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Caps
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 08:03 AM   #6
MaxwellJZ81
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 M5 Comp

Delivery!

Quote:

- Max
My F90 ended up leaving the port 7 days after it arrived. Ahead of the timetable projected by BMW Genius by about a week. It has since arrive at my dealer!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 04:10 AM   #7
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

Mine is sitting at the port in Germany and it’s been there for 3 weeks and when I called BMW Genius they said they do not have a time when it will be shipped... I was supposed to get her this week
2002 M5 Carbon Black (sold) should have never sold her
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2020, 04:01 PM   #8
doc KB
Rep
Drives: 2011 honda accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM5 View Post
It could be in the body shop at the VPC. I took a tour there, they had a M3 with the entire rear bumper off. Also a Rolls Royce with the door being painted. They don't have to disclose damage to you unless the damage is over 3% of the msrp, and that's at their cost. They do have an amazing body shop there. Your salesperson has the ability to find out if they are doing bodywork.
Thanks for the heads up. Still no update from BMW. The car was supposed to be delivered to the dealer on december 3rd.
Appreciate 0