BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    2021 M5 Competition - M Performance Exhaust - Titanium

11-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #1
Kdka54
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

2021 M5 Competition - M Performance Exhaust - Titanium

Brand new to the forum. I've been researching the options for the 2021 M5 competition for the past month or so and when I did my last build on the BMW USA website, I noticed the they had included the M Performance options. Yesterday I placed my order for a Tanzanite Blue when Aragon Brown interior. I elected the executive and driving assist packages along with Bowers and Wilkins sound. I selected a couple of carbon fiber trim options and performance steering wheel. I decided to select the M Performance exhaust even though I could not find much information. Has anyone ordered this option? Is this option manufactured by one of the aftermarket manufacturers or is it BMW produced? I still have time to make changes to the build as it will be a few weeks before I get a build slot. Is there any reason to add this after delivery or just keep it in the original build? I'll probably keep this in the build unless there is good reason to not select this option or wait until after delivery. Any thoughts in the M performance exhaust is welcome. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdka54 View Post
Brand new to the forum. I've been researching the options for the 2021 M5 competition for the past month or so and when I did my last build on the BMW USA website, I noticed the they had included the M Performance options. Yesterday I placed my order for a Tanzanite Blue when Aragon Brown interior. I elected the executive and driving assist packages along with Bowers and Wilkins sound. I selected a couple of carbon fiber trim options and performance steering wheel. I decided to select the M Performance exhaust even though I could not find much information. Has anyone ordered this option? Is this option manufactured by one of the aftermarket manufacturers or is it BMW produced? I still have time to make changes to the build as it will be a few weeks before I get a build slot. Is there any reason to add this after delivery or just keep it in the original build? I'll probably keep this in the build unless there is good reason to not select this option or wait until after delivery. Any thoughts in the M performance exhaust is welcome. Thanks
I ordered the MY2020 with a M performance exhaust. I believe it is an aftermarket exhaust which is sold by BMW. You cannot go wrong with the M performance exhaust. It sounds beautiful in my perspective opinion.
Appreciate 1
Kdka540.00
      11-22-2020, 09:39 PM   #3
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

It is an excellent sounding exhaust and I like the look of the exhaust tips.
If you search on YouTube the three exhausts, there is a video out there that uses an m3/m4 where they demonstrate each exhaust side by side, stock, m sport exhaust (competition), and m performance exhaust.

I couldn't justify adding the m performance exhaust onto my order as it's an expensive option and I had a pre LCI non comp which was loud enough for me, so going to a comp with m sport was already a step up.
Appreciate 1
Kdka540.00