BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums CANADA    "M" locals meet up, coffee runs etc.

08-15-2019, 09:09 PM   #67
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
Any meets happening soon?
Ya wondering same.... hey, by the way euro*, did you end up getting ppf / ceramic done at amp- motorsports in the end?
Going there for tints tomorrow, and next week for ppf

I got the car just a few days ago
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #68
p.mf10
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Soon to be 5 in Etobicoke (Lakeshore and Parklawn area), Ordering my car on Monday (Azurite Black) and should be here by November hopefully. Hope to see you guys soon
      09-07-2019, 09:59 AM   #69
knight-rider-5
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90

Another M5 in the GTA

Finally took delivery of my M5 in Donington. I'm also in Etobicoke and down for a meetup anytime - esp before the weather turns on us. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #70
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 18 M5 FE,15 M6 GC, 12 M5,06 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight-rider-5 View Post
Finally took delivery of my M5 in Donington. I'm also in Etobicoke and down for a meetup anytime - esp before the weather turns on us. Cheers.
Beauty 👊
Once I get my car back I'll message you and we meet up.
Let's see if we can get a group meet.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #71
knight-rider-5
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahin View Post
Beauty 👊
Once I get my car back I'll message you and we meet up.
Let's see if we can get a group meet.
Sounds great! Look forward to meeting folks soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:00 PM   #72
knight-rider-5
Canada
Rep

Winter Tires

Hey guys, is anyone in Canada looking to sell their lightly used winter tires for the F90?

I'm about to order them new to be fitted to my 20" OEM wheels - I've heard they can sell out fairly early in the season so trying to stay ahead of this. Will have them installed late October. I'd like to go with the Pirelli Sottozero II's as it seems the Michelins have different tire ratings in the front vs. back which is less than ideal.

Anyway, I would consider buying lightly used tires if anyone is looking to sell theirs? Please ping me asap as I will order new within the next few days. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #73
p.mf10
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5

Congratulations buddy,
Hoping to get mine soon as well.
Finding used winters would be hard for this car but if it helps I ordered Bridgestone Runflats winters for $1940+ tax
(275/35/20 all around) these fits stock M5 (non comp) rims. Got them from Tire connection.
      10-21-2019, 09:57 AM   #74
knight-rider-5
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.mf10 View Post
Congratulations buddy,
Hoping to get mine soon as well.
Finding used winters would be hard for this car but if it helps I ordered Bridgestone Runflats winters for $1940+ tax
(275/35/20 all around) these fits stock M5 (non comp) rims. Got them from Tire connection.
Hey p.mf10, thanks for the tip on Bridgestone. I ended up ordering Pirellis - being installed next weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 12:54 PM   #75
Justinlujhao
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 FIRST EDITION

I am in Etobicoke as well! hope we can have local car meet
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2019, 02:50 AM   #76
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinlujhao View Post
I am in Etobicoke as well! hope we can have local car meet
Haha that makes it 5 so far in Etobicoke 👊
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2020, 07:05 PM   #77
shahin
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

We planning a get together this Sunday, even if it snows. Will share location soon, everyone is welcome
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #78
weeo
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Hi

In Mississauga and picked up a "new" 2018 late last year. She is in storage but count me in when the snow melts.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #79
weeo
Registered
Canada
Rep

Warranty

Oh and one question...did anybody consider an extended warranty, either BMW or aftermarket? They are expensive and complicated beasts.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #80
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeo View Post
Oh and one question...did anybody consider an extended warranty, either BMW or aftermarket? They are expensive and complicated beasts.
I did - got the BMW OEM extension to 7yr/160k km full factory warranty with no deductible. It wasn't cheap but a nav screen replacement is north of 2500 apparently. The economics worked for me since I plan on keeping these beauty for some time hence the warranty and PPF, etc that I did.

Three very importance things that you should consider.
1. These warranties can be purchased often for significantly less than the retail pricing (dealer invoice was several thousand less than retail on my warranty, I saved over 2k). Especially if negotiating during purchase. Do not pay retail pricing. I stuck with the BMW OEM warranty to avoid pissing contests with third party vendors.

2. When making a decision, don't judge prices on the listed warranty durations marketed as "5yr vs 6yr vs 7yr." Think of them as actually a "1yr vs. 2yr vs. 3yr extension" of the normal 4yr factory warranty. Eg "7yr extended warranty" is actually just a 3 yr extension of the normal 4yr. Your paying for a 3 year extension. Same goes for kms. Thus you will see that a 3 year extension can be purchased for less than twice the cost of a 1 year extension. They hope to get people to buy the "less expensive they will say" 5yr (1 yr extension) which is actually the most expensive per year of warranty added.

3. Finally, for me, it gives me added value if selling my vehicle as a private sale in the future - for example sometime near the end of the warranty. Warranty is transferable in a private sale to another individual. Therefore, I would estimate to get back at least half of the value of the warranty at time of sale because my vehicle will be worth more - i can offer a private sale M5 with a factory warranty no deductible (eg 8 months warranty left if sold at 6yr,4mo). This would place my car at a distinct advantage compared to others in the market because the purchaser is getting a hassle free security blanket on his/her purchase.

My 0.99 cents

PS. However, if anyone plans on modding with a piggy / chip / flash then that puts the whole drive train warranty component potentially at risk - that would change the metrics for me. I'm not modding so it was not a factor in my decision.

Last edited by northtorque; 01-06-2020 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: additional info
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 01:02 PM   #81
weeo
Registered
Canada
Rep

Great info. and thanks. Certain plans will refund some/most of amount paid if sell before factory warranty expires. Do you know if BMW's does and would you be willing to share MSRP vs. what you paid? Everybody I called says we (dealer) make almost zero on these things so can't really discount much at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #82
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Not sure if the plan gets rebated if you sell prior to factory warranty expires - I never explored that option though - dohhh!

Regarding the dealer making "almost zero"; they are telling you a line of bull. I don't want to throw my source under a bus so I won't give exact numbers but this will give you an idea - OEM BMW 7yr/160km extended has a spread on invoice vs retail was at over 2k mark-up. Retail in the high 9K and invoice right around 7k. I paid mid 7k, my dealer still made around 500 bucks on pushing a paper and clicking some keys for a minute (think about that) and I "saved" 2k. Also, the higher the year/km the better potential savings because the spread was larger.

Also, be warned, when I bought mine in 2019 the valuation that would come up on their computer invoicing system was an extended warranty for the standard 5-series (non-M) that was a few thousand less than the proper warranty that should have been quoted for an M5. The M warranty was more than the non-M 5 series. All dealers but one under-quoted the actual cost for an M5 OEM extended warranty. This led to lots of frustration and back-pedaling which just made me look into the warranties more closely, and in the end, to my advantage.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 04:42 PM   #83
weeo
Registered
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
Not sure if the plan gets rebated if you sell prior to factory warranty expires - I never explored that option though - dohhh!

Regarding the dealer making "almost zero"; they are telling you a line of bull. I don't want to throw my source under a bus so I won't give exact numbers but this will give you an idea - OEM BMW 7yr/160km extended has a spread on invoice vs retail was at over 2k mark-up. Retail in the high 9K and invoice right around 7k. I paid mid 7k, my dealer still made around 500 bucks on pushing a paper and clicking some keys for a minute (think about that) and I "saved" 2k. Also, the higher the year/km the better potential savings because the spread was larger.

Also, be warned, when I bought mine in 2019 the valuation that would come up on their computer invoicing system was an extended warranty for the standard 5-series (non-M) that was a few thousand less than the proper warranty that should have been quoted for an M5. The M warranty was more than the non-M 5 series. All dealers but one under-quoted the actual cost for an M5 OEM extended warranty. This led to lots of frustration and back-pedaling which just made me look into the warranties more closely, and in the end, to my advantage.
Yeah I was surprised got almost 100% back from GM on my C7 after traded it in at a dealer. Got zero back when did the same with a B6 Alpina with a third party warranty. Looks like gonna spend some time on analysis given all the variables and the relative high cost. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0