BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Trading in lease early for purchase (possible?)

12-31-2023, 02:11 PM   #1
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Wondering if anyone can give advice. Currently have 9 more months on my M550 but I want to get into an M5 competition ASAP. question if I find an M5 early, sold by a dealer, would they help me out of my existing lease before it’s up?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2023, 05:58 PM   #2
LouK
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram TRX F90 M5

You have two options to exit your lease
1- Pay all remaining payments
2-trade into dealer
At every month of your lease there is a buyout price. The dealer can look that up and give you a trade in amount. Depending on the buyout price and trade value, option 1 or option 2 is more advantageous.
In "normal" times the cheaper option is to have remaining payments rolled into new car loan (not the best financial decision but there are also allot worse)
I had the luxury of a car lease maturing and it was worth a decent amount more than the buyout price. So a day before my lease turn in date I sold the vehicle to the dealer and they cut me a check for the difference.

If it was me, I would wait the 9 months if my trade did not equal the buyout. Otherwise it's money down the drain. Also in another 9 months rates could come down, and or prices on LCI F90 become more attractive.
Appreciate 1