BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #1
hnp1
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Leather cleaning

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Alright, I had no choice but to valet my vehicle. The valet made a mark on the leather with what looks like an ink pen next to the cup holder. Any ideas? It's mugello red.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
UrbanExtant
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp Pack

The products I've been using on my leather are Leather Master products. You can purchase them on amazon, leatherworldtech.com, or directly from the manufacturer at shop.unitersna.com

I know they make a product that is to be used for removing ink marks, etc., but I have not tried it. Here is a link to the product. In the description, it lists fresh ballpoint pen ink as one of the items that can be removed with it.

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Leat...r-p/lmldtc.htm

I have used the soft cleaner, strong cleaner, protection cream (matte version), and leather barrier, all with great success on my mugello red leather. I haven't used it on the dashboard yet. I'm trying to figure out what is the best product to keep the dash clean, soft, and supple without damaging the adhesives used in its manufacture. If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it.
Appreciate 0