BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-28-2018, 12:46 PM   #23
mavg
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored of Audi View Post
A little odd as mine was built at the end of October and is sat in Southampton ... I think the individual optioned cars come from USA and other are SA..
What do you mean individual optioned?

I have one on order so curious about where it is built (uk delivery)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #24
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored of Audi View Post
A little odd as mine was built at the end of October and is sat in Southampton ... I think the individual optioned cars come from USA and other are SA..
What do you mean individual optioned?

I have one on order so curious about where it is built (uk delivery)
If ordering from a dealer here, it looks like individual leather options force them to order the vehicle from the US factory, otherwise it will be ordered from the South Africa factory. Except M40i, that seems to only be built in US.
      11-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #25
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

You guys in Europe are lucky in a way.

In the US, the tow hitch messes up the clean lines of the rear bumper AND you lose the kick to open feature. It stays out permanently too. It doesn't retract or anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 11:39 AM   #26
X3inZug
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: X3 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
You guys in Europe are lucky in a way.

In the US, the tow hitch messes up the clean lines of the rear bumper AND you lose the kick to open feature. It stays out permanently too. It doesn't retract or anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #27
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3inZug View Post
By <remote start> I actually meant:

S536A Auxiliary heating

I can use the phone or the display key to pre warm the car before I go to it... I have tested so far twice (indoors/outdoors) and it was nice and cozy when I entered the car, rather than cold and colder ;-)

This has only been tested without snow so far. Not yet while covered in snow...
Well... crap. Another option we cannot get in the USA. WTF. I live in Minnesota. I'd really like this option. It's farking cold here.

*sigh*

I fail to understand why BMW doesn't make vehicle options more universal/ international. I get coding lights or seat belts for local laws.. but retracting trailer hitches, acoustic glass, leather color options, etc., etc.
you can order acoustic glass unless in mistaken. The G05 X5 has it as a $150 option but it's not shown online only in the build sheet.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 03:48 PM   #28
atrueb
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Sorry to hear about the gas strut. That really sucks, as it is a really cool feature!
I'm STILL waiting for my 30d msport to be delivered here in Switzerland. Ordered mine end if February! Back then BMW scheduled the delivery for September (so about 6 months, which is ok). Unfortunelty they had supply difficulty with the rhombicle dash panels, so that caused a delay of a couple of weeks, and when that was sorted out, BMW took the sensatec dash out of the option list! Now it can only be ordered in combination with the expensive "individual" leather, or Luxury Line package, or with the m40d and m40i.
The car was then re-scheduled for delivery mid Nov. Still waiting today. BMW Switzerland says, that it should arrive next week (beginning Dec) with rhombicle, but no sensatec and probably also no freakin' gas strut. Hope the rest will be fine.
Looking on the bright side: 1) My dealer promised to give me a set of 20" winter tires for free. 2) I have a great guaranteed trade in price for my f25. And 3) Maybe some features that used to be optional will be stock now. That was the case in 2013 when my F25 was delivered: I got the handsfree bluetooth and 3 zone AC eventhough I did not tick those boxes.
Let's wait and see....
      12-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #29
k_s
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30D G01

enjoy the new ride!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 04:00 AM   #30
Matt1002
Private
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 xDrive20i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrueb View Post
Sorry to hear about the gas strut. That really sucks, as it is a really cool feature!
I'm STILL waiting for my 30d msport to be delivered here in Switzerland. Ordered mine end if February! Back then BMW scheduled the delivery for September (so about 6 months, which is ok). Unfortunelty they had supply difficulty with the rhombicle dash panels, so that caused a delay of a couple of weeks, and when that was sorted out, BMW took the sensatec dash out of the option list! Now it can only be ordered in combination with the expensive "individual" leather, or Luxury Line package, or with the m40d and m40i.
The car was then re-scheduled for delivery mid Nov. Still waiting today. BMW Switzerland says, that it should arrive next week (beginning Dec) with rhombicle, but no sensatec and probably also no freakin' gas strut. Hope the rest will be fine.
Looking on the bright side: 1) My dealer promised to give me a set of 20" winter tires for free. 2) I have a great guaranteed trade in price for my f25. And 3) Maybe some features that used to be optional will be stock now. That was the case in 2013 when my F25 was delivered: I got the handsfree bluetooth and 3 zone AC eventhough I did not tick those boxes.
Let's wait and see....
That’s a long wait! I do have to tell you, don’t let BMW drag you along too much. We were promised January 2019 delivery when we ordered the car in oct, and then we got an email saying it would be May 2019 delivery... since that was not agreed on we went to the dealer and simply told them that if they couldn’t deliver the car in January or February, we would cancel our order. Low and behold, our X3 ordered October 20th has been magically manufactured on the 23rd of Nov! Now it just needs to get on a boat from South Africa...
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 02:37 PM   #31
atrueb
Second Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1002 View Post
That’s a long wait! I do have to tell you, don’t let BMW drag you along too much. We were promised January 2019 delivery when we ordered the car in oct, and then we got an email saying it would be May 2019 delivery... since that was not agreed on we went to the dealer and simply told them that if they couldn’t deliver the car in January or February, we would cancel our order. Low and behold, our X3 ordered October 20th has been magically manufactured on the 23rd of Nov! Now it just needs to get on a boat from South Africa...
Thanks Matt1002. Car should arrive this week. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, then I may need to take your advice and make some noise.