E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Do I need to pay for tires if lease car is CPO'd?

02-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
Coldviking
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i coupe

Do I need to pay for tires if lease car is CPO'd?

I'm thinking about buying my 328i coupe that ends its lease term in the next few weeks. After the dealer inspection, I was told the tires would need to be replaced if I decide to turn the car back in and I would have to pay for that. But I was also told though a few days before the inspection that if I wanted to CPO the car it would be $1750. My question is if I CPO the car for $1750 would they be required to replace the tires considering they are nearly worn out? Or would they require me to pay for the tires in addition to the CPO price? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldviking View Post
I'm thinking about buying my 328i coupe that ends its lease term in the next few weeks. After the dealer inspection, I was told the tires would need to be replaced if I decide to turn the car back in and I would have to pay for that. But I was also told though a few days before the inspection that if I wanted to CPO the car it would be $1750. My question is if I CPO the car for $1750 would they be required to replace the tires considering they are nearly worn out? Or would they require me to pay for the tires in addition to the CPO price? Thanks.
It really depends on the dealer, I know when my parents bought out their X5 after the lease and had it CPO'd they put new tires on the car and didn't charge them. They also bought the maint plan so my guess is they built it in the price somehow. If you put new tires on the car before it goes in and they are not BMW approved they won't CPO it. Bastards...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
rbocc13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 3281 Xdrive

Garage List
2008 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
who says they need to be replaced... i brought my car in 2 months after i got it CPO from a dealer and they said i should replace them... that was 2k miles if that from when i got it from the dealer... they are crooks and lie about that all the time. Brought it to an individual place guy said no your good for a while when bmw says replace.

See if they have a guideline they go by or something to check it
Appreciate 0