BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Picture request - XPEL Fender Grille Insert

02-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

Picture request - XPEL Fender Grille Insert

For those who had XPEL done on their car, could someone snap up-close photo of the fender grille insert portion?

I originally removed these grilles so that i can wrap XPEL fully but it appears factory grille inserts created too much tension and lifted the PPF on one corner. I remember when taking them out they were on there firmly plus with thickness of xpel didn't help. This only happened on the driver side, passenger side is fine. Its tiny and most people will not notice it unless i point it out but car OCD doesnt help my case.

I believe Xpel installers have option to print pre-cut version so I want to see what this looks like since i'm going to PPF replaced on this fender.

Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
ACF90M5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

You should be able to heat that part of the PPF and then just finely cut the remaining piece on there. Unless there was an application issue on that fender I do not see a reason to replace it
      03-20-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
hybrid_eg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 90 S13, 22 MSP, 23 JLUR 4xe

Thanks for the info, i'll run it by the installer..no issues with initial installation as i didnt put the fender grilles on for a while. Since they sit tight against the film with expansion and contraction i see how this happened.. I do like your idea of just cutting around it and replacing it with a small piece.
Appreciate 0