BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)    F1 2019: Japanese GP - Suzuka (Oct 13)

10-13-2019, 10:15 PM   #199
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
OK . Let me know
Good night mate . It's 3 AM over here . And last night I didn't slept to watch the race
Rewatched, and when they told Lewis to pit he seemed relieved and said the tires were falling off. Simultaneously, the graphic showed 70% of tire life remaining on all four lol.
      10-14-2019, 03:15 AM   #200
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Interesting...

Initially, race stewards deemed the incident not worthy of investigation but they then changed their mind, eventually saying they would speak to both drivers and conclude their review after the race. LeCrash received 15 seconds' worth of time penalties - five for his role in the incident and 10 because Ferrari, who were also fined *€25,000* did not pit him soon enough with a damaged car.

According MAX...

"We had a really good start for once, that was a positive, and then I just stayed on the outside and suddenly into turn two, Charles drove into the side of my car. From my side I don't think I could have done anything different there. We all know that you lose downforce behind the car so that is not an excuse and I think he is experienced enough to know that.

According LeCrash...

"I understeered being behind Sebastian and Lewis, and then we touched," I haven't seen the full situation from the outside. From the car it was just a tricky situation. I have no idea [about a penalty], I need to see the incident."

But LeCrash received *two penalty points on his license* !
''I understeered being behind Sebastian and Lewis and then we touched''.
Touched he says, the RB's side floor and panel smashed by his wheel with such force you showed the picture of many pieces of floor flying into the sky akin to a building demolish hammer smash. An interesting use of word by Noilly prat.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:18 AM   #201
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
Rewatched, and when they told Lewis to pit he seemed relieved and said the tires were falling off. Simultaneously, the graphic showed 70% of tire life remaining on all four lol.
The graphic tellers were paid afterwards with a soaking from Lewis.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:40 AM   #202
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
There was 2 guys here talking smack about Vettel a few weeks back. Where are they now?
Well...so in the fastest car and with pole position Vettel made yet another major mistake, botched the start and ended up a distant second to Bottas. Not exactly a stellar performance.
In the days when Vettel was in the Red Bull, winning 4 championships he looked formidable, now in retrospect it seems that the cars massive performance advantage flattered him.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:56 AM   #203
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
While the whole world knows that MAX is doing more with less in the RB15...
Do they?..seems like now that Verstappen isn't over driving, crashing so much and driving less dangerously, he is not talked about so much...unless in the Netherlands I guess.
Having Albon match Verstappen in Suzuka qualifying is going to unsettle him....he is used to having slow team mates.
Interestingly young upcoming drivers are less keen to join the Red Bull young drivers program now that they see how Red Bull prioritise one driver at the expense of all others.
Verstappen has talent but he is no Senna.

Last edited by SenorFunkyPants; 10-14-2019 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #204
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalpuerh View Post
Hello everyone,
am new here
Welcome in the madness mate !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      10-14-2019, 05:10 AM   #205
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Do they?..seems like now that Verstappen isn't over driving, crashing so much and driving less dangerously, he not talked about so much...unless in the Netherlands I guess.
Having Albon match Verstappen in Suzuka qualifying is going to unsettle him....he is used to having slow team mates.
Interestingly young upcoming drivers are less keen to join the Red Bull young drivers program now that they see how Red Bull prioritise one driver at the expense of all others.
Verstappen has talent but he is no Senna.
Well , we will see what's going to happen at RB .December 1 at Yas Marina is the last race of the season . At that time we should talk again about the RB drivers for 2020...
Of course the drivers performance matters . Just like in all the others teams . Which is normal...

Yeah .Senna was outstanding .His personality as well , he was really a nice guy . But when we look back @YouTube his driver style looks today pretty crazy . Always on the limits , and he took sometimes irresponsible risks !
Senna showed his driver skills in the rain . Just like MAX

@Quote Senna ...May he RIP !
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58876.50
      10-14-2019, 05:15 AM   #206
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the information . I believe the words from Lewis

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #207
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Do they?..seems like now that Verstappen isn't over driving, crashing so much and driving less dangerously, he not talked about so much...unless in the Netherlands I guess.
I'm Dutch and TBH, I hate this orange army turning up at every GP nowadays.
For years no one gave a damn and all of a sudden they feel like they own the sport. Stick to your shitty football clubs

I have visited many GPs in the past but I lost my appetite completely because of these idiots. I will definitely not visit the Zandvoort GP next year.

Now the Tifosi and the Brits....there you have some real and knowledgeable racing fans.
      10-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #208
Blaze439
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30 Track Car 335XI Daily

I wish we were all talking abt the wheel to wheel battle on the last lap for the win... but really the only action was turn 1 like usual.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #209
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Very well said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Personally, I think its just a gimmick and a general estimate the developers of the graphics make based on some sort of math/algorithm. I'd be surprised if the teams were providing the data considering how valuable it could be to their competitors.
....can't imagine teams providing sensitive data regarding real-time on-track performance that could and would be used to affect overall race strategy.
      10-14-2019, 10:55 AM   #210
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Personally, I think its just a gimmick and a general estimate the developers of the graphics make based on some sort of math/algorithm. I'd be surprised if the teams were providing the data considering how valuable it could be to their competitors.
....can't imagine teams providing sensitive data regarding real-time on-track performance that could and would be used to affect overall race strategy.
Yup, exactly the point I was making. I'm guessing it's just the new fans that F1 is after that will be paying attention to that graphic.
Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2690.00
M5Rick58876.50
      10-14-2019, 12:08 PM   #211
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Understandable but I expect that the teams don't get to decide. F1 already sends throttle, brake, engine RPM and other potentially sensitive data to the TV feed.

That said I highly doubt there's a direct tire tread depth monitor. My guess would be it is an estimate ginned up using cornering force data, decel/accel data, etc. and then presented as a graphic. From everything I've seen regarding Suzuka it needs some tweaking.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 12:24 PM   #212
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

i dont understand why some of you guys going harsh on Leclerc this much.. he is a super fast guy and its his only second season.. and he already has poles and victories.. he ll need some time to achieve the whole package.. and the incident could be prevented but it happened and he got penalty for that and he said it was my mistake and i ruined Max's race.. there is nothing more he could say right.. take it easy guys..
      10-14-2019, 01:44 PM   #213
Bartledoo
Driver
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i dont understand why some of you guys going harsh on Leclerc this much.. he is a super fast guy and its his only second season.. and he already has poles and victories.. he ll need some time to achieve the whole package.. and the incident could be prevented but it happened and he got penalty for that and he said it was my mistake and i ruined Max's race.. there is nothing more he could say right.. take it easy guys..
People love to bash the errors of highly successful people, and honestly I think it's part of the fun in following sports for many people (so they can talk shit with their friends about it). I had to tell my wife to stfu when we were watching because she kept going on about the incident, and arguing how penalization on the first lap should be the same as the remainder of the race (which I adamantly disagreed with).

The errors are what make this sport exciting though! If everyone was perfect in F1 it would be unwatchable. I have no problem with people talking their BS about drivers, but the calls for more strict penalization and reduction of agressive racing are lame as hell.
      10-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #214
M5Rick
General
Rep

I'm wondering if Mexico will be even spicier like their food.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #215
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
Because he's the subject of comparison with Vettel and because he's one of the top drivers this season. It's harsh but the higher on top a driver is the harsher criticism is. Grosjean cause a million accidents and almost nobody gave a shit.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:50 PM   #216
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Because he's the subject of comparison with Vettel and because he's one of the top drivers this season. It's harsh but the higher on top a driver is the harsher criticism is. Grosjean cause a million accidents and almost nobody gave a shit.
I remember Spa '12 and it was Grosjean Airlines there going over Alonso and being in seven first lap crashes in twelve races then.
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #217
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
Yea that one in particular, didn't Lewis say his rears were shot at that point? I'll have to go back and rewatch...
He stated that his original Soft fronts were shot and he was brought in at the first stop and placed on the mediums, (yellows).
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 03:56 PM   #218
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

Quote:
I'm not sure about it . Like you say it's new . Lewis was called to pit with 70% in green left on his front and rear tires on the display .
Or was it just a Merc-strategy to hand over the victory to Bottas ?
Lewis can cruise to WC anyway...
Lewis’ times on his worn mediums was still as fast as Vettel, hence there’s no way that Vettel would have caught/passed Lewis with only 11 laps remaining. Bottas was gaining since he was on new softs, BUT Bottas is only really good when he’s in the lead and in clean air. When he tries to pass a really good driver he bottles it.

Hence the stupid MB ‘strategy’ call cost Lewis at least a second place finish; (and perhaps a first).

Bish
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2019, 04:14 PM   #219
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
Lewis’ times on his worn mediums was still as fast as Vettel, hence there’s no way that Vettel would have caught/passed Lewis with only 11 laps remaining. Bottas was gaining since he was on new softs, BUT Bottas is only really good when he’s in the lead and in clean air. When he tries to pass a really good driver he bottles it.

Hence the stupid MB ‘strategy’ call cost Lewis at least a second place finish; (and perhaps a first).

Bish
Good
Appreciate 1
      10-14-2019, 05:00 PM   #220
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
I remember Spa '12 and it was Grosjean Airlines there going over Alonso and being in seven first lap crashes in twelve races then.
Lol he spun the buried his right foot on the throttle pedal and wiped out HUL and GAS on the first lap of the Spanish GP last year.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58876.50