BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Project Gamma Warning

11-01-2022, 10:56 AM   #67
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo_F90 View Post
Oh... you mean how any other performance mod could "potentially destroy" your motor...? Again don't mod lol. OP comment wasn't even about the quality of the filter, he likes the way it looks and sounds. He just wasn't satisfied with customer service. Anything else is just dragging the topic.
Lol, have to believe you’re in the minority here with that thinking.

But ya, I take great care with any mod to use quality parts. Blowing up a motor by stretching it too far past its limits is completely different than destroying your motor using junk that falls apart, and that being the cause of catastrophic failure.

Intakes generally aren’t known to stretch a motor past its limits….

At any rate you sound a lot like PG with this non sense

May as well said “ you don’t like bent fucked up airfilters ?, don’t use an air filter then! Dumbass! ”

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #68
TheCookieMonster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Garage List
2024 X5 50e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33d4speed View Post
Winner, winner... chicken dinner
LMAO

Couldn't even bother to write their own description
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 11:17 AM   #69
916_M5
IG: @M5RCY_
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Hmmmmm, could be a little sus. here? LOL was this little blurb here added to your profile before or after you made this post LOL.

Only thing slimy-er the PG ripping this client of theirs (ex-client now most likely)... is posting a discount code that probably pays you a commission/little kick back or free PG stickers when people put your personal discount code in. Maybe you're part owner or an investor in PG?

#saveitaintnoonebuyingyourBS
Nothing sus here. My bio has been written that way. Save your BS fellow member when you personally do not have any personal experience with them. Do you? Nor do you know of my situation. I, PERSONALLY, do and 6 owners I know personally do.

I do not get kickbacks, feel free to verify. I am not a part owner/investor, feel free to verify. I reached out if I can add a coupon code to bring people to the brand since I had a great experience, again feel free to verify.

My instagram page for my f90 has gained a big following, which is why I requested a coupon code to share with the car community. I am not a "stickers" guy.

I only have a sponsorship agreement with Autotecknic which does include kickbacks, once again feel free to verify.

For someone knowing very little about my situation, nor the OP questioning PG, you come with guns a blazing. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I wish you peace and happiness bro.
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #70
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
Look at the margins on those sales, strong work PG!
Chinese companies very often 3D scan aftermarket parts and resell at a cheaper price. This happens for any and all industries.
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #71
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
WOW

Good freakin' find brother! That is super slimy. At least we all know now thanks to you. Kudos! Affiliate marketing at its finest! (Worst?!)

I thought his post sounded sketchy yesterday when I posted my comment, but I gave him some deference. That's worse than serhat06 posting his "show the CS some love" post ⬇️ https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29487497 immediately after getting trashed by OP.

EDIT — Here's a couple of sus comments of extreme brand loyalty as well: ⬇️ https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1961030
It goes to show that I am NOT AFFILIATED with any intake brand. I am a very happy customer of PG. On the other post/thread I listed an alternative to OPs question, "Is there any other filter we can use on PG intakes"...so like a GOOD forum mate, I listed alternative filters that ARE NOT PG since I AM NOT affiliated with PG, nor owner, nor investor.

Let me clarify one more time: I am very pleased and satisfied with PG products and customer service. There was ONE thread bashing the brand that I have had great experience with, so I felt the need to speak up. We all have our own experiences, none more or less correct than each other.
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 11:56 AM   #72
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916_M5 View Post
Nothing sus here. My bio has been written that way. Save your BS fellow member when you personally do not have any personal experience with them. Do you? Nor do you know of my situation. I, PERSONALLY, do and 6 owners I know personally do.

I do not get kickbacks, feel free to verify. I am not a part owner/investor, feel free to verify. I reached out if I can add a coupon code to bring people to the brand since I had a great experience, again feel free to verify.

My instagram page for my f90 has gained a big following, which is why I requested a coupon code to share with the car community. I am not a "stickers" guy.

I only have a sponsorship agreement with Autotecknic which does include kickbacks, once again feel free to verify.

For someone knowing very little about my situation, nor the OP questioning PG, you come with guns a blazing. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I wish you peace and happiness bro.
Not at all, I woke up feeling gggreeat like Tony the Tiger.

I admit I know very little about your situation.

That’s why the comment you’re replying to was full of these things here : “???”

Those little squiggly lines with a dot at the bottom are called question marks. They’re generally used when asking a question, unless it’s rhetorical where you already know , or are phrasing it in a way that an answer is not needed, those little symbols are showing that the person writing it is hoping to find answers to said question. Why? Because generally they don’t know, hence the question. And subsequent question mark “?”.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #73
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Chinese companies very often 3D scan aftermarket parts and resell at a cheaper price. This happens for any and all industries.
And many times (probably most) it’s the other way around….

Where people wanting to make a quick buck will buy cheap Chinese junk (from alibaba many times), and toss their sticker on it, calling it their own.

“White labeling” is a term for that in business where you take someone else’s product, and brand it as your own. likely coming from little white stickers you could stick on anything with your name on it. But not 100% sure if that’s the origin of the term, but either way the definition Is the same.
Appreciate 2
      11-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #74
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
They probably rescinded their offer and blocked you after you started trashing them in social media. Can’t say I blame them.
I can.

This is not a good way to keep customers. Customer damaged? Offer replacement at cost, no profit. You got the profit on the front end.

This whole thread is an example of how to go wrong on many many levels. For both OP and customer, I'd take it as a learning experience and move on with life.

Shawn
Appreciate 2
916_M5365.00
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #75
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
They probably rescinded their offer and blocked you after you started trashing them in social media. Can’t say I blame them.
I can.

This is not a good way to keep customers. Customer damaged? Offer replacement at cost, no profit. You got the profit on the front end.

This whole thread is an example of how to go wrong on many many levels. For both OP and customer, I'd take it as a learning experience and move on with life.

Shawn
I can agree it could of been handled better. There is always 2 sides to every story
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 12:26 PM   #76
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Not at all, I woke up feeling gggreeat like Tony the Tiger.

I admit I know very little about your situation.

That’s why the comment you’re replying to was full of these things here : “???”

Those little squiggly lines with a dot at the bottom are called question marks. They’re generally used when asking a question, unless it’s rhetorical where you already know , or are phrasing it in a way that an answer is not needed, those little symbols are showing that the person writing it is hoping to find answers to said question. Why? Because generally they don’t know, hence the question. And subsequent question mark “?”.
You passive aggressive nature to a fellow member speaks volumes. Never bashed your posts or opinions, rather shared my experiences just as OP did.
Perception is reality friend. Thanks for the clarification on what a ? is, i was not aware previously. I do appreciate it. I addressed both sentences ending with a question mark in my response.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:27 PM   #77
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
And many times (probably most) it’s the other way around….

Where people wanting to make a quick buck will buy cheap Chinese junk (from alibaba many times), and toss their sticker on it, calling it their own.

“White labeling” is a term for that in business where you take someone else’s product, and brand it as your own. likely coming from little white stickers you could stick on anything with your name on it. But not 100% sure if that’s the origin of the term, but either way the definition Is the same.
Thank you for the clarification. Maybe you can reach out to alibab group to see if PG white labeled since you quite sure they did it seems like.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:39 PM   #78
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. Maybe you can reach out to alibab group to see if PG white labeled since you quite sure they did it seems like.
Nah, the fact the photos are the exact same, the description is copy and pasted tells me all I need to know. It's blatantly obvious.
Appreciate 1
boost3dx582.00
      11-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #79
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
You passive aggressive nature to a fellow member speaks volumes. Never bashed your posts or opinions, rather shared my experiences just as OP did.
Perception is reality friend. Thanks for the clarification on what a ? is, i was not aware previously. I do appreciate it. I addressed both sentences ending with a question mark in my response.
Would you prefer active aggression?

I didn't bash your opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion. Whether it's correct or not, its your opinion and you can own it, and im perfectly ok with that
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:52 PM   #80
Derosnec
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, Supra GR, Macan GTS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And many times (probably most) it's the other way around….

"White labeling" is a term for that in business where you take someone else's product, and brand it as your own. likely coming from little white stickers you could stick on anything with your name on it. But not 100% sure if that's the origin of the term, but either way the definition Is the same.
Given that their Facebook page is managed from India more then Houston I imagine there's a lot of truth to this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      11-01-2022, 01:04 PM   #81
serhat06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Huracan

Garage List
2015 Huracan  [0.00]
1991 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derosnec View Post
Given that their Facebook page is managed from India more then Houston I imagine there's a lot of truth to this.
its funny how much you have to say about my company but no idea. go to our Instagram, check pictures and dates. We have marketing team I don't even know what country its being managed at. your claims are just funny. go look up our trade mark when it was registered. look at time stamps pictures. Our intakes are 1 of 1 same coolers carbon parts. all design in house. you can find unlimited proof. Dont be fool.
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 01:08 PM   #82
916_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would you prefer active aggression?

I didn't bash your opinion. You're entitled to your own opinion. Whether it's correct or not, its your opinion and you can own it, and im perfectly ok with that
welp to each their own. wish you the best and good luck with your build. and thank you for your opinions and aggression my guy
Appreciate 1
Melo_F90176.50
      11-01-2022, 01:12 PM   #83
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:

Are you proposing that project gamma invented this intake design and kit, and then the Chinese stole their design and sell it on Alibaba? Its plausible, but doubtful. Why ? I will say, if they were to do that, wouldn't it be better to steal a different design like Eventuri's? Thats right, that would cause a lot of issues... since that would actually be copy right infringement, and counterfeit products. I have to imagine just like Rolex, and other high end items where there is fakes all over the place that customs would have issues with that and seize the counterfeit product like they do with all the other fake items, even though some still make their way on to ebay etc. But its the other way around Project Gamma contracted with them, or is paying them a license fee for their product, or maybe none of it, and the manufacture could care less because its what they do. Make things for people to white label as their own.

N63 is another brand selling the Exact same thing.

And a couple other brands... exact same thing. So they all stole project gamma's design and just selling it online while project gamma gets screwed?

Doubtful

This would also explain why PG isn't really looking to help very much, why? They don't manufacture it, they dont make the parts, they have really nothing to do with the intake, other than putting their name on it. The problem occurs at that point. They put their brand on it. Which makes it theirs. And they own the problems.

Maybe they don't even have any filters available ? Or maybe they're waiting on a fresh container to show up from China before they could send out any replacements.

It also explains why they don't care to figure out what really happened. Since they don't manufacture it, and just toss their sticker on it. If it was my business, and I was sending out damaged, damaged in shipping, or defective parts you better believe I would be all over finding out what shipping vendor is responsible for damage, I would go to the manufacture I contracted with to make my product, and demand answers to why there is defects in my product. I would want to do some R&D to ensure my product is up to snuff and a good reliable product and customers are receiving what they expect and pay for.

Buuut thats the problem with white labeling stuff from China, whats project gamma to do? They bring it to Alibaba attention? they tell project gamma to pound sand or wait 60 days for a new shipment of 5,000 more units to show up.

If it was their own design, and own product, they would be very well aware of the potential design flaws, or batch or product that had issues. They immediately point fingers the shipping vendor and customer. We all have seen what we need to see with this debacle. and PG should step up and make it right, because soon enough there will not be a project gamma in existence with this mentality.

Last edited by jnotrom711; 11-01-2022 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 3
      11-01-2022, 01:42 PM   #84
serhat06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Huracan

Garage List
2015 Huracan  [0.00]
1991 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Are you proposing that project gamma invented this intake design and kit, and then the Chinese stole their design and sell it on Alibaba? Its plausible, but doubtful. Why ? I will say, if they were to do that, wouldn't it be better to steal a different design like Eventuri's? Thats right, that would cause a lot of issues... since that would actually be copy right infringement, and counterfeit products. I have to imagine just like Rolex, and other high end items where there is fakes all over the place that customs would have issues with that and seize the counterfeit product like they do with all the other fake items, even though some still make their way on to ebay etc. But its the other way around Project Gamma contracted with them, or is paying them a license fee for their product, or maybe none of it, and the manufacture could care less because its what they do. Make things for people to white label as their own.

And a couple other brands... exact same thing. So they all stole project gamma's design and just selling it online while project gamma gets screwed?

Doubtful

This would also explain why PG isn't really looking to help very much, why? They don't manufacture it, they dont make the parts, they have really nothing to do with the intake, other than putting their name on it. The problem occurs at that point. They put their brand on it. Which makes it theirs. And they own the problems.

Maybe they don't even have any filters available ? Or maybe they're waiting on a fresh container to show up from China before they could send out any replacements.

It also explains why they don't care to figure out what really happened. Since they don't manufacture it, and just toss their sticker on it. If it was my business, and I was sending out damaged, damaged in shipping, or defective parts you better believe I would be all over finding out what shipping vendor is responsible for damage, I would go to the manufacture I contracted with to make my product, and demand answers to why there is defects in my product. I would want to do some R&D to ensure my product is up to snuff and a good reliable product and customers are receiving what they expect and pay for.

Buuut thats the problem with white labeling stuff from China, whats project gamma to do? They bring it to Alibaba attention? they tell project gamma to pound sand or wait 60 days for a new shipment of 5,000 more units to show up.

If it was their own design, and own product, they would be very well aware of the potential design flaws, or batch or product that had issues. They immediately point fingers the shipping vendor and customer. We all have seen what we need to see with this debacle. and PG should step up and make it right, because soon enough there will not be a project gamma in existence with this mentality.
It's not rocket science. You can see out Instagram posts dating back to 2017 showing this same intake design. Your imagination runs harder than our business. I can go live in 1 hour and show you a little bit about our brand and the design process we take in order to bring these intakes to the market. If you followed along with our Instagram stories and had any idea what we actually do, you would see the numerous posts we make on our stories showcasing our design process for these products from start to finish.

At this point its easier for us to design an intake rather than look for one on a Chinese website to put our logo on it. Fortunately we haven't seen a clone of our intakes on the market yet, but whoever posted that Alibaba link we really appreciate it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Expect to see it disappear very soon. Also, our brand is registered with U.S patents and trademarks, you're more than welcome to look it up.
Appreciate 1
916_M5365.00
      11-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #85
n33d4speed
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [0.00]
2003 BMW E53 X5  [0.00]
2001 BMW E46 325CI ...  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhat06 View Post
Expect to see it disappear very soon. Also, our brand is registered with U.S patents and trademarks, you're more than welcome to look it up.
Everyone, give me ideas for a "Brand Name" Delta Project? I will order 500 of these and do a group buy. Looks like they even do the printing for you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 02:00 PM   #86
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
I like “exposed” or “in too deep”, possibly “save face”

Can’t turn around and change courses now that you’re in so deep… gotta own it and run with the (alleged) lies.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 02:05 PM   #87
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:

Doubtful

Imagine writing paragraphs on a post that had nothing to do with you, nor have any personal experience with the company to even be commenting. Not sure why you're responding to other members so aggressively either for voicing opinions/views. Its cute to be a chat warrior. Hope what ever stick is up there stays up there lol. Have a wonderful day sweetheart.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #88
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by serhat06 View Post
It's not rocket science. You can see out Instagram posts dating back to 2017 showing this same intake design. Your imagination runs harder than our business. I can go live in 1 hour and show you a little bit about our brand and the design process we take in order to bring these intakes to the market. If you followed along with our Instagram stories and had any idea what we actually do, you would see the numerous posts we make on our stories showcasing our design process for these products from start to finish.

At this point its easier for us to design an intake rather than look for one on a Chinese website to put our logo on it. Fortunately we haven't seen a clone of our intakes on the market yet, but whoever posted that Alibaba link we really appreciate it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Expect to see it disappear very soon. Also, our brand is registered with U.S patents and trademarks, you're more than welcome to look it up.

All good… We believe you… must have got your hands on an f90 pretty quick to develop, design, and scale an intake product for f90s that came out in 2017-2018.

Of course you could have just tweaked one from a company who already made them for other vehicles that were Similar, however that would debunk that you designed it and build in house.

So did alibaba or you forge the description on the website? Or do they let you use all that stuff when you buy enough units?

And yes my I imagination is running super hard with all the hard facts in front of us. And that’s not a something to brag about your business running harder than that. It’s clear your business isn’t doing all that much. Except damage control at the moment.
Appreciate 0