BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    FSHNGRY's 2021 F90M5 Comp Fashion Grey Build Journal

03-01-2022, 10:34 PM   #67
MpowerMike
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 IB BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
The third and final outfit change for the engine bay of my F90. As per usual, Shoutout to IND-Distribution and Ryan for getting the "M Performance Carbon Extension pieces" overnighted to me, along with some 5mm spacers.. as some new Michelins have found their way onto my car... 305's - loaded. I'll be reporting back once alignment and final adjustments are over with tmrw morning.

I put off buying this carbon piece set solely because I really only wanted the front piece, and hated spending this much for what it is lol, but in an effort to satisfy the itch.. here you go..

Attachment 2791009

Attachment 2791010

Attachment 2791011

Attachment 2791012

Attachment 2791013

Attachment 2791014

Beauty! Quick question for the tire size . Do the 305/35/20 rub ? Did you add spacers in the back and lastly what tire size in the front did you use ?
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      03-13-2022, 10:10 PM   #68
amitvikram007
Mr. Sinister
India
Rep
Drives: F90 BMW M5 Competition 2021

Garage List
Hey! Noticed the meaty 305s. Looks like it's added quite a bit of profile too! How does the ride feel? Any noticeable differences worth mentioning?
BMW 530D ///M-Sport LCI F10 2016 | Alpine White | Sold
Appreciate 1
Maverik2594140.00
      04-19-2022, 12:59 PM   #69
Jazz_V
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Thank you for your extensive write up on your build. This is making me take the plunge to make some little modifications to my car too.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2336.50
      04-25-2022, 03:18 PM   #70
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitvikram007 View Post
Hey! Noticed the meaty 305s. Looks like it's added quite a bit of profile too! How does the ride feel? Any noticeable differences worth mentioning?
Thank you! I don't know why the "305" added such a pysch level in my brain to achieve all these years. Just like I wanted a V8 with Exhaust, I also wanted to fit a car with 305's on the rear.

Now that I have done so - There are some changes to be made in the next tire load up....

I removed the 12mm spacers I had with my 295's in order to properly fit the 305's. Driving home with no spacer on the rear, there was NO RUBBING at all. BUT - you lose that muscular, tough stance that the spacers gave you.

I then put the 5mm spacers on the rear, because my OCD was doing into hyperdrive knowing it wasn't sitting the way it was. The 305's together w the 5mm needed a day of adjusting and camber play in order to avoid rubbing.

I do still have some spots that scrape, and oddly enough, when there is anything heavy in the trunk. I've driven myself and 2 friends to the Miami Heat game a few weeks ago - and didn't have any rubbing, even with a third.

I think next time around I'll be going back to 295's - just to have zero rubbing. Or 305's but dropping down to a 30 profile instead of the 35.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz_V View Post
Thank you for your extensive write up on your build. This is making me take the plunge to make some little modifications to my car too.

Thank you! working on a new one for the 1 year!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 03:19 PM   #71
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpowerMike View Post
Beauty! Quick question for the tire size . Do the 305/35/20 rub ? Did you add spacers in the back and lastly what tire size in the front did you use ?
Read commentary above ^

currently (and in the pictures) I am on...

KW HAS KIT

FRONT: 285 | 35 | 20 w 15mm spacers

REAR: 305 | 35 | 20 w 5mm spacers
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2022, 10:34 PM   #72
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
One year anniversary ownership review

1 YEAR OWNERSHIP REVIEW
MILEAGE: 12,890

A full rotation around the sun in what is my best attempt yet at modding BMW’s
And just like that - in what feels like a blink of an eye, I’ve already had a full year of seat time in my F90 M5. What is there to say? Rather, Where do I even begin?

The last year has been nothing short of second glances when I park, obsessive compulsive cleaning, and over cleaning, obsessive moments taking in every last detail of my individual build, constantly thinking of ways of how I can further tweak every last detail.

The F90 M5 is a car that just isn’t a car. It’s a status symbol, a portable office, an object used to measure the drive and success of the individual behind the dark tints and loud bursts of exhaust symphony. I have fallen in love with a car, yes. It is a passionate, fiery, intense love, that costs a ridiculous amount of money… WAIT… is it my wife?! KIDDING This car just does so much, how do I even feel right to classify it as just “a car” ?

From the top - The design, still a damn looker, and so much more pleasant to admire than the current beaver nostril grilles offered in the newest line ups. Every single option that I looked at, and calculated, trying to weight out how “necessary” they are, turned out to be ZERO regret. In fact - I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again… aside from my home (purchased in Dec 2019) and my watches (all purchased well before my home) my M5 is my best money spent, and least regretful money spent. I just don’t see how any other automotive company could put together such a complete package of driver focused perfection. Sure, there are more luxurious, more tech focused, environmentally focused, blah blah blah. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING out there can hold a candle to the entire package that BMW M presents with the F90. Had I owned an F10, E60, E39 - I’m sure I would’ve been singing the praises of those machines just as loud.

I have loved every second so far as the owner of this car. And I have enjoyed the thumbs up, pictures, waves, questions about the car/color itself from everyone who has commented. This car is best described as the marriage between Baron Phillipe Rothschild, and Robert Mondavi, and their creation and marriage of their respected grapes to present “Opus One”. There I said it, to my fellow wine snobs, or price tag snobs, The F90 M5 lci is in fact, the Opus One of 4 door cars.

At this point in time in my ownership, I have penned what I thought is the best writing of my life (why wasn’t I ever given the topic of the F90 M5 in my college years? I’d be a NY Times best seller by now lol) I have poured out and thought of every day detail, and every comparison possible to bring to light those details that are missed by the average car owner. Instead of attempting to ramble on and on and on about the details of this machine, for the 5th time… I’ll just list pros and cons below that everyone can either agree with, or chime in on… but I’ll keep this one short…

INDIVIDUAL BUILDS:

I know that COVID and the semi conductor shortage has limited the amount of options available for some folks who have been waiting to order their cars, so I hope that this isn’t a sore subject, and by no means meant to “brag” at all - but I urge those who have the ability to, to go the “Individual” route when speccing their F90’s, or any future BMW M model your shopping. God willing life hasn’t thrown any drastic loops my way, I don’t see myself ever just walking in and buying a car in a showroom again when shopping for an M car. If I drive a BMW M - I plan on ordering them, and making sure they are all special interior and exterior colors from now on!
Fashion Grey is still a super unique color. To be completely honest, now that I just sat back, and replayed the last 1+ year of ownership, I have NOT seen another Fashion Grey BMW or Porsche *in person* Lord knows there is no shortage of Audi cars wearing Nardo grey, or Chalk white on Porsches. A ton of people comment on the color, no matter how old or young, car enthusiast or not.

CCB’S
Still the best last minute option, scratch that, MY FAVORITE option. Can’t believe I was able to get these added on my build a few days AFTER being assigned a production number. Thank God to @wintendo for calling me out initially, and to Steve Pelkey for making it happen. I owe you my third born. So damn awesome. Bites so damn hard, so damn big, just a conversation starter, and awe inspiring piece of this car. I urge everyone who is on the fence about this option, IT IS NOT MONEY WASTED. PERIOD. I keep thinking to myself that I haven’t been reading the posts properly, or I must be doing something “wrong” because I don’t EVER hear any squealing whatsoever. All of the issues and complaints experienced by others before seem to just not exist with my build. And I don’t know if should be worried or not lol. But honestly, zero problems. Zero dust, zero noises besides me shouting “WOOO” every time I bring this thing to a stop

Last week, my Wife and I decided to take a weekend trip - and we (she) decided we are taking her car (2020 Porsche Cayenne)

When pulling out of my street, as well as about 3-5 more instances in our journey to our vacation condo, I made mention of “ OY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE BRAKES. I’M ABOUT TO STOMP THROUGH THE FLOOR” or so it felt like. One of those instances, I had actually felt myself get a bit uneasy and almost retraining myself on braking distance because I just did not trust the car to stop like I’ve grown to do with the M5. I’m sure the bright colored calipers are the reason, but after the color comments, the brake compliments are the second most commented on piece of the car.

MPE | DOWN PIPES | EVENTURI
I mean, can you consider it an M5 without this option? Really?? (No hate or disrespect to those who opted against it - but hey, your loss!) The saying “gets better with age” applies to the MPE. Without a doubt. I was like “WHAT THE F***” at the first few thousand miles, and the lack of toughness it bellowed.. How and why it seemingly just “turned on” all of a sudden is a miracle. I’ve witnessed people jump and laugh with excitement, I’ve witnessed a woman actually jump back because I scared the sh*t out of her, I’ve had many want to video my cold start, and I’ve also been told once “ your God d*mn muffler scared the sh*t out of me!”
The feeling of “go” the car gets when accelerating higher into the power bands is def more noticeable, thanks to the Eisenmann Lower DP’s. I am starting to get the itch for more power, not so much noise though, so I will be interested in having the primary DP’s installed. I will say, that with 4 windows rolled down, and depending on the proximity of the cars near me, or any other surfaces close by, I find that the car is VERY loud sometimes and catches me off guard.
The induction noises, and a few different noises to be exact coming from the front of the car are just euphoric. A “grunt” sound when at a crawl, a huge beast like animal with a chest that seems to expand when inhaling air 10x longer than a normal person could when you’re WOT… its just a thing of beauty. All around 10/10 piece. From “bling” factor all the way to sound and performance. Eventuri nailed it. I would HIGHLY suggest those of you who have this intake though, to purchase the cleaning solution from IND’s site, and properly take the heat shield/ cone off and clean the filter. You’ll be surprised at the dirt, dust, and tiny debris that comes off the cone. You’ll be equally surprised how much crisper the sound is post cleaning! (You’re welcome)

TECH

I was fortunate enough to order a car loaded with everything. Touch screen, wireless charging tray, B&W, DAPP (Drivers Assistance Plus), Executive….

The tech in this car still surprises me. I love how you can configure multiple home screens with “widgets” for various clusters of your settings. CarPlay, then i-drive screen, and 3 swipes bring me to all different content. Weather and traffic, news, Car data and sport displays. The hundreds of seating combinations, seat massage settings (yes this is amazing even for short drives) are all such an added bonus on such an enjoyable car. The only “glitches” I’ve ever had are from my iPhone carrier service, which you’ll read below.
The customizable “personalities” are such a damn cool feature that I got used to in my F82 M4 days. Literally 1 little red button turns this car into a fighter jet and I love that. Like the F82, I have noticed that in order to make a tight U-turn, or a sharp turn into a parking space, I have to turn “off” M1 and go into straight comfort settings to allow for the most steering wheel play, and ease of turning. Little details such as these that have been programmed into the settings are what make this car SO damn cool. A true “wolf in sheep’s clothing”

BOWERS & WILKINS

I’ll be as quick and short about this as possible…..

The shiny, silver, metal mesh surfaces over all of the speakers, door tweeters, etc are such an elegant touch, I honestly don’t even want to know what the door panel of an M5 looks like without them.

Want to know where the money is on the B&W system? Put all 4 windows down, and get on the highway. Be sure you’re cruising at at least 75 MPH (STILL WITH THE WINDOWS DOWN) and crank up the music. You’ll notice that at these speeds, with ALL of that wind noise, you are still hearing the clarity and sharpness you’re listening to as if the windows were rolled up. Now, try that without B&W and let me know how it works out. $3500 well spent.

ISSUES TO REPORT

“Issues” can be such a problematic word. Whenever I see threads of people asking about “issues” I hold my breath before opening because you’re going to get the .02 from everyone who has owned a car with something they couldn’t look passed.

Have I had any problems with my F90? Not a damn thing. Zero.
Follow the rule of: Respect the car, and the car will respect you.

I’ve used launch control 3 times. I never drive hard, redline, or beat up on the car until operating temps are reached. When a notification pops up for oil, maintenance, anything at all… I make the apt and take her in to get serviced. If a new car, gradually turn up the music over time. Don’t just crank up and see how quick you can blow speakers. It’s a simple concept too many folks abuse!

Now- to my .02…
-The infamous, location less “rattle” sound in every BMW somehow managed to creep in. Not annoying, but Go away!
-The doors of the F90 are heavier than I have realized. You’ll find that this door takes you to open, and prop with your foot or hand to ensure it wont swing back on you. I find this happens A LOT and its F***** annoying, especially when you have a bad day.
-Glitchy CarPlay/iTunes music. BUT I will blame that on my Verizon service which I regret having moved to. I wont go into detail about it because I’m 99% sure it’s a carrier issue and not a car issue.
-EXHAUST BANGS: come on man… the same “pop pop pop pop pop” every time is overkill. I’d love to customize this with a proper tune (one day)
-The amount of people who want to show how big their balls are by trying to ride your ass or fly passed you

FUTURE MODS

Carbahn or Dinan Tune*

(From what I’ve read, and heard, both are still in super early phases of being offered to customers. I’m sure some guys here are undergoing the updates, and I’m eager to hear about the experience, results, and overall reliability as I plan on keeping my F90 for some time)

Eisenmann Primary DP
*i’ve owned this part and had it in storage for about 6 months now. Waiting for proper tune to delete CEL upon install*

Wheels
(ONLY 1 PERSON WILL KNOW - RYAN!)

ENJOY!
FSHNGRY

Name:  KR4AMt7M.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  332.6 KB

Name:  O0ZvBWPM.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  XvpPpwXA.jpg
Views: 343