BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Project Gamma Warning

02-08-2023, 11:27 AM   #177
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo_F90 View Post
Yes wheels save weight, they are not considered a performance mod like intakes and a tune. Wheels do not add hp... I purchased lightweight wheels to save time on my 1/4, but I do not consider them a performance mod because again it does not add hp. That's like me gutting the car to save weight would me taking out my rear seats be considered a performance mod? No it wouldn't lol...
As for why you bought 7k wheels, that's on you. Im sure they look good or at least I hope for that amount but to each their own.

Yes water got into my filters and caused water damage. Whats to stop dust or tiny rocks? More than likely on this guys friends car is that over time it built up and eventually caused damage to the turbo. Its not a common situation to hear about but you do hear about such things from time to time.

Intakes are a breather mod. If the tubing breaks off or a piece of the filter broke and flew into the turbo then yes that would be the company's fault, because at that point it would be the direct cause of turbo damage. People have had blown turbos and motors replaced without every modifying the car. If he can show that the intake itself was the the direct cause of the blown turbo then we can point fingers.

As you said "If the PG filters failed to do the only thing they are there to do, which is stop shit from getting into the intake, and as a result something was damaged, YES THEY NEED TO STEP UP AND FIX THE PROBLEMS. " The filter is to help REDUCE the amount of "shit" from getting inside of the intake. Their is no filter that stops everything from getting in unless its a closed airbox. Thus why every company has its own recommendation for when you should change your filters.
Man, you sure do sound like you work for PG.

So a "performance mod" can only be something that increases hp? If you want to go that route, the intakes for the F90 don't even had hp. They're for looks and sound. So no, they're actually not a performance mod.

Yes, if you're building a track car and you remove a bunch of weight by doing whatever, yes that increases performance. It's a "performance mod".

Your wheels, whether you think they are or not, are also a "performance mod" if they are lighter and increase performance.

Sorry, and no, you're also wrong on intakes don't stop everything. Little rocks? LOL. So, its normal for little rocks to get inside your engine right through an air filter due to "build up over time"? Please show me how little rocks can get through any normal, high quality filter?

On that note, when was the last time you heard anyone ever get massive damage to their engine or turbos when something got into the engine without failure of the intake? Sorry, but you're so wrong. Their job is to stop anything that can and will damage your motor from getting inside, water would be the only thing I can think of that would not be stopped if its enough anyway.

https://www.pgfilters.com/air-filter...er-the-engine/

Quote:
Most air filters trap particles that are 5 to 6 microns or larger in size. They also trap 80 to 90% of particles that are as small as a couple microns in size.
In case you didn't know, a micron is 1-millionth of a meter. I think that's considerably smaller than some small rocks.

PG is a shitty company. I'm glad you're so very happy with their products and you feel the need to go on and on about how happy you are and how much you love PG despite the overwhelming evidence they are a POS company overall. Good for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 11:54 AM   #178
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
Man, you sure do sound like you work for PG.

So a "performance mod" can only be something that increases hp? If you want to go that route, the intakes for the F90 don't even had hp. They're for looks and sound. So no, they're actually not a performance mod.

Yes, if you're building a track car and you remove a bunch of weight by doing whatever, yes that increases performance. It's a "performance mod".

Your wheels, whether you think they are or not, are also a "performance mod" if they are lighter and increase performance.

Sorry, and no, you're also wrong on intakes don't stop everything. Little rocks? LOL. So, its normal for little rocks to get inside your engine right through an air filter due to "build up over time"? Please show me how little rocks can get through any normal, high quality filter?

On that note, when was the last time you heard anyone ever get massive damage to their engine or turbos when something got into the engine without failure of the intake? Sorry, but you're so wrong. Their job is to stop anything that can and will damage your motor from getting inside, water would be the only thing I can think of that would not be stopped if its enough anyway.

PG is a shitty company. I'm glad you're so very happy with their products and you feel the need to go on and on about how happy you are and how much you love PG despite the overwhelming evidence they are a POS company overall. Good for you.
Have mentioned it before Im not in anyway sponsored by PG. As you stated if water can get in what is stopping dust or other small particles from getting in and building up? This could lead to eventually causing damage. There are multiple posts on the forums and debates about intakes adding hp with graphs. So we can agree to disagree on what you classify as a performance mod and what I classify as a performance mod.

If the company is as bad as you claim no one would be running their products. You are here joining the bandwagon of haters on a company. I have also stated before in a previous post everyone's experience with a company is going to differ. The person who started this thread feels as though they had a bad experience. Which is okay, they have even go on to say they like the product just not happy with the communication over a damager filter. In the 6 years of running PG across multiple cars I have never had an issue with any of their products in receiving them or running them on my cars.

But we are getting off topic. You are entitled to your opinion of thinking that if the company whose product was a direct cause of failure of something on the motor that the company should be held responsible and pay to fix the damage. And I am entitled to my opinion that even if they were the cause in the real world they wont pay and I personally don't expect them too. No one forced me to install the product. It sucks but that's the REAL world. Maybe if we lived in the PERFECT world things would be different. Feel free to continue, I have stated my view anything more is just a waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2023, 04:59 PM   #179
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Just for fun ��

#bumpitybumpbump
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2023, 10:16 PM   #180
Jaymelo238
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw f90 m5

F*** project gamma and their bullshit intakes! I got their silicon garbage intakes on my M5 and when they came in, I was like wtf did I purchase. Threw those shits away and got eventuri intakes and never looked back.

Don’t ever spend your money on cheap looking shit or people that don’t deserve it. We work too hard for our money to listen to them justifiying their bull shit. Stick with people that can offer great service and products!
Appreciate 2
EM5C496.50
afo818254.50
      05-01-2023, 11:37 AM   #181
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymelo238 View Post
F*** project gamma and their bullshit intakes! I got their silicon garbage intakes on my M5 and when they came in, I was like wtf did I purchase. Threw those shits away and got eventuri intakes and never looked back.

Don’t ever spend your money on cheap looking shit or people that don’t deserve it. We work too hard for our money to listen to them justifiying their bull shit. Stick with people that can offer great service and products!
Did you have problems with their service or just not happy with the quality of the product?

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2023, 01:19 PM   #182
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

free bump
So, all of this for what? They still doing businesses and per their instagram posts the shop seems very nice and big, lol. with still a lot of BMWs. I still dont know whats the actual issue with the filters. Do they fall apart and pieces get socked or the have poor filtering.
Well I ended up here because I was looking for a front mount intake for my m50i. per the picture below these fit and these arent the scilicon version. But pricey, Can someone find me the same in alibaba?
Attached Images

11-04-2023, 12:07 PM   #183
Derosnec
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, Supra GR, Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
free bump
So, all of this for what? They still doing businesses and per their instagram posts the shop seems very nice and big, lol. with still a lot of BMWs. I still dont know whats the actual issue with the filters. Do they fall apart and pieces get socked or the have poor filtering.
Well I ended up here because I was looking for a front mount intake for my m50i. per the picture below these fit and these arent the scilicon version. But pricey, Can someone find me the same in alibaba?
All of this was because I like you wanted front mount intakes, I had bought some second hand and ordered new filters from PG directly. The mailed me damaged filters instead, when I contacted “support” they told me to kick rocks so that’s how I ended up on here.
However, the amazing members of this forum did some digging after and concluded that not only are PG filled with degenerates but they are directly buying products from Alibaba and repackaging them. That being said if you don’t care about any of the above by all means buy from them, I hope you don’t end up with a damaged set.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2023, 09:46 AM   #184
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
free bump
Its most likely not in alibaba, but pretty sure they just contacted their over seas supplier for a carbon fiber option.

Also nowdays ive been seeing a lot of new titanium exhaust brands that have very blue pipes (for example Valvetronic). These are also from china, they just tell their supplier to laser etch their logo on the exhaust. Wouldn't be surprised if PG releases a line up of titanium exhausts.

Examples:

https://www.instagram.com/jcc_custom/

https://www.instagram.com/tovi_performance/

Not sure about the weld quality, but who knows they could be decent quality.

Last edited by Stlthnmrdrd; 11-14-2023 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50
      11-06-2023, 12:00 PM   #185
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlthnmrdrd View Post
Its most likely not in alibaba, but pretty sure they just contacted their over seas supplier for a carbon fiber option.

Also nowdays ive been seeing a lot of new titanium exhaust brands that have very blue pipes (for example Valvetronic). These are also from china, they just tell their supplier to laser etch their logo on the exhaust. Wouldn't be surprised if PG releases a line up of titanium exhausts.
I mean everything nowdays are coming from China. But yes, a lot of company buying and reselling. Eitherway they dont fit my m50i.
      01-16-2024, 02:35 PM   #186
johnny5ive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Anyone running these?

Look very similar to the PG ones.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 07:00 AM   #187
johnny5ive
Private First Class
Rep

Got them in, they sound and look great!

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:03 AM   #188
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

im running them also.. they have a gd sound when you floor it but when u let go of the accelerator they dont make that "exhale sound" as loud as i'd like.. I am gonna try the rk tunes filters after the vortex ones get dirty
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:04 AM   #189
bxdinster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 comp 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5ive View Post
Got them in, they sound and look great!

Does your plate frame set ur parking sensors off ? My frame sticks outwards a bit more and sets them off so annoying.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 06:52 PM   #190
Icemanf90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 m5 competition

Bxdinster….save your money.The RK-tunes intake does the same thing.Only hear it when accelerating.can’t hear it well when just revving it
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 07:28 AM   #191
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxdinster View Post
Does your plate frame set ur parking sensors off ? My frame sticks outwards a bit more and sets them off so annoying.
Mine does not. There is at least one plate frame that lets you choose your mounting holes — you may be able to position the plate so it does not interfere, Mine is from US Mill Works.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 07:44 AM   #192
johnny5ive
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxdinster View Post
99.99% of the time they don't. Every once in a while it'll trigger but i think it's just because the license plate frame jiggled a little when parkiing. Otherwise it's fine.
Appreciate 0