BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    M Performance Pro rear spoiler

01-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #67
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

So I went to my local dealer and they quoted the 764 for spoiler and 1300 for front splitters. They will also give me 21% off the parts so that's significant. They said their body shop will do the install for 4 hours labor and the reprogramming is 350 for the DTC. What you all think? Anyone have pics of the front splitters installed?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 05:15 PM   #68
Gb1984
Rep
Drives: M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by utsteve98 View Post
So I went to my local dealer and they quoted the 764 for spoiler and 1300 for front splitters. They will also give me 21% off the parts so that's significant. They said their body shop will do the install for 4 hours labor and the reprogramming is 350 for the DTC. What you all think? Anyone have pics of the front splitters installed?
I paid more for the spoiler, so you’re getting a decent price. Although they charged me only two hours labour.
Appreciate 1
utsteve98112.50
      01-26-2019, 05:29 PM   #69
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

Rear spoiler is about 1000 for parts and labor....the bmw glue is 100
Appreciate 1
utsteve98112.50
      02-15-2019, 05:04 PM   #70
devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Does anyone have details on the DTC reprogramming? My dealership had no clue what I was talking about and said they couldn't find anything. I did the M Perf Pro rear spoiler and front CF splitters.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 10:48 AM   #71
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Are you chaps fitting these with the 3m tape, or using the betalink BMW adhesive ?.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #72
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

Bmw glue is a must and installed at dealer in case theres issues.. and I didnt do the tuning...car drives fine

Last edited by Steeve19M5CP; 02-16-2019 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 04:33 PM   #73
trev230
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Are you chaps fitting these with the 3m tape, or using the betalink BMW adhesive ?.
I put mine on with 3m tape and let it sit overnight with weight on it. So far it’s held up great and I can barely budge it when I try to move it. Prepping the area and making sure you have full coverage with the tape helps a lot.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #74
utsteve98
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondragon View Post
Does anyone have details on the DTC reprogramming? My dealership had no clue what I was talking about and said they couldn't find anything. I did the M Perf Pro rear spoiler and front CF splitters.
The parts guy wasn't sure about the DTC reprogram. He did go speak to the shop foreman and he said they could do the DTC reprogram. They indicated it probably wouldn't make a difference unless I was planning on tracking the car where the DTC reprogram could provide added benefit. Haven't pulled the trigger yet but close to doing it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:58 PM   #75
CGM
Private
Rep
Drives: tbd

Is the Z22 option installed at the Port the M Performance spoiler? Cost is $730.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:10 PM   #76
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Fitted my carbon pro rear spoiler myself this weekend, and in the end, i did use the Betalink. It looks perfect, and is rock solid. The only issue i had, was the Betalink started oozing out, over the top of the nozzle like a volcano erupting, and i admittedly panicked a little, and started putting it onto the spoiler with my fingers. Big mistake, this stuff is like black tar, i cant get it off my hands yet. But the job is perfect, so im pretty stoked.
So if i did it again, i would tape the tube of Betalink into the supplied nozzle, and not panic as much, or dab it on with a coffee stirrer stick ?.
Appreciate 1
Mcc420473.50
      12-09-2020, 07:31 AM   #77
MattL21
Rep
Drives: M5

Hello, quick question
I just got an M5 competition delivered yesterday. She came with the small lip spoiler, I much prefer this one

Can I remove that one and install the bigger one?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 01:50 PM   #78
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL21 View Post
Hello, quick question
I just got an M5 competition delivered yesterday. She came with the small lip spoiler, I much prefer this one

Yes. It's easy enough to do but removing the original one takes time. Fishing line or floss works well.
You need to spend time to clean off the residue left behind.
The spoiler comes with a little 3m tape, that's not going to hold the spoiler on the trunk lid.
Use Betalink to adhere the pro spoiler but be careful cause it makes a mess if you put too much and is a pain to remove. Once it's on, use some painters tape to keep the spoiler in place overnight.
It took me probably 2.5 - 3 hours of hands on time, most of which was spent removing the adhesive.
Warning - the old spoiler once removed will have etched the paint. It's not super visible but it's there. The new spoiler doesn't sit on top of where the old spoiler was so it will be visible.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:19 PM   #79
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
Yes. It's easy enough to do but removing the original one takes time. Fishing line or floss works well.
The spoiler comes with a little 3m tape, that's not going to hold the spoiler on the trunk lid.
Use Betalink to adhere the pro spoiler but be careful cause it makes a mess if you put too much and is a pain to remove. Once it's on, use some painters tape to keep the spoiler in place overnight.
It took me probably 2.5 - 3 hours of hands on time, most of which was spent removing the adhesive.
Warning - the old spoiler once removed will have etched the paint. It's not super visible but it's there. The new spoiler doesn't sit on top of where the old spoiler was so it will be visible.
Had my dealer do the job. 1 hour labor. I don't see any changes/residue the original spoiler left on my trunk. Funny enough the dealer didn't give me my og lip spoiler back, but I wouldn't have had any use for it, so it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 02:02 PM   #80
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
Quote:
Had my dealer do the job. 1 hour labor. I don't see any changes/residue the original spoiler left on my trunk. Funny enough the dealer didn't give me my og lip spoiler back, but I wouldn't have had any use for it, so it is what it is.
It was a common complaint a few years ago when the pro spoiler first came out and people were doing it themselves.

The consensus was that if your old spoiler was attached with 3m tape which the body colored ones did, then it didn't leave a residue. But if your car had the same shape spoiler but carbon which was attached with Betalink, then it was going to be etched.

That's what the consensus was but not sure how scientific that is.

There's a chance they may have broken the original spoiler but like you said, there's no use for it. I have the original carbon spoiler sitting in a box in my basement for 2+ years now. It's underside is covered with old Betalink and I haven't had the will or want to remove it.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #81
flanker25
Rep
Drives: X5 M40d, E90325XI,

Talking Ebay Spoilers, has any one tried yet?

Dear All,

I am looking for spoiler and other carbon parts for my M5 f90 LCI.
has anyone tried the cheap Ebay spoilers?

It says, they are carbon fiber, I am not sure on the quality and fitment.

so any feedback on experience would be great.
Once example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M4-STYLE-CA...AAAOSwTfde5ItZ

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 07:08 AM   #82
MCOMP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19' M5 Comp.

Quote:
It was a common complaint a few years ago when the pro spoiler first came out and people were doing it themselves.

The consensus was that if your old spoiler was attached with 3m tape which the body colored ones did, then it didn't leave a residue. But if your car had the same shape spoiler but carbon which was attached with Betalink, then it was going to be etched.

That's what the consensus was but not sure how scientific that is.

There's a chance they may have broken the original spoiler but like you said, there's no use for it. I have the original carbon spoiler sitting in a box in my basement for 2+ years now. It's underside is covered with old Betalink and I haven't had the will or want to remove it.
I have the etching in the paint, only noticeable at certain angles.

2019 MBB/Aragon M5C
M Performance: Exhaust Tips/Pro Spoiler/Rear Diffuser. H&R 11/11 Spacers ACG Carbon Kevlar Pads XPEL Front PPF Ceramic Pro Silver 20% Tints Instagram #m5comp
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2020, 12:15 AM   #83
BMWCAT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E39, F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattL21 View Post
Hello, quick question

Since your car is still relatively new. Id suggest using heat gun and see if it pulls off?

My ppf installer pull the whole thing off my M5 comp and its double sided tape. Took off clean and no residue!

(note however, I'm individual matte paint so not sure if that makes the removal/ factory attach method different)
      12-31-2020, 01:33 PM   #84
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Fitted my carbon pro rear spoiler myself this weekend, and in the end, i did use the Betalink. It looks perfect, and is rock solid. The only issue i had, was the Betalink started oozing out, over the top of the nozzle like a volcano erupting, and i admittedly panicked a little, and started putting it onto the spoiler with my fingers. Big mistake, this stuff is like black tar, i cant get it off my hands yet. But the job is perfect, so im pretty stoked.
So if i did it again, i would tape the tube of Betalink into the supplied nozzle, and not panic as much, or dab it on with a coffee stirrer stick ?.
LoL - I did the same years back installing carbon splitters on my E46. My hands were absolutely covered in betalink....and remained so for weeks. G'luck.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 1
Simon H874.50
      01-11-2021, 12:37 PM   #85
Hashtag_M_Rated
///M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 First Edition M5

Garage List
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Love my new spoiler!

Looks pretty nice especially with the carbon fiber roof since it's the same carbon weave.
Attached Images