BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    What size wheel spacers did you put on your M5?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #155
Vic55
Major General
Vic55's Avatar
2381
Rep
5,148
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Im very happy with the 12mm rears and the M550i springs drop:

__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
dardeca390.50

      02-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #156
OT-Dan
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2019 911 GTS
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
I'm trying out a new setup soon. I currently have 10mm front, nothing in the rear. Going with the 12mm front, 5mm rear to see what that does. I've always thought the rear needs just a little something but the 10mm was too much for my taste.
I look forward to seeing pics. Exactly what Iím considering.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #157
r33_RGSport
Lieutenant General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
4985
Rep
13,218
Posts

Drives: 997.1 C4S / F39 X2 / F97 X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Im very happy with the 12mm rears and the M550i springs drop:

Why you always post pictures of filling up gas??
Is the MPG really that bad?
__________________
Email: sales@rgsport.com === IG: RGSport_USA
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2020, 07:56 PM   #158
Vic55
Major General
Vic55's Avatar
2381
Rep
5,148
Posts

Drives: 2017 Audi R8 V10
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: THE Orange County

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Why you always post pictures of filling up gas??
Is the MPG really that bad?
My foot is that heavy.
__________________
2018 BMW M5 First Edition
2018 Porsche GTS Cabriolet Carmine Red
2017 Audi R8 V10 Suzuka Gray
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Selenite Grey
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2020, 01:40 AM   #159
amg55driver
Private First Class
43
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

does anyone has picture of NON-COMP with STOCK SUSPENSION with 15/12 or 12/11 spacers?

thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 11:09 AM   #160
Motorin Mark
Private First Class
17
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 Rhodonite Silver
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, FL USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55driver View Post
does anyone has picture of NON-COMP with STOCK SUSPENSION with 15/12 or 12/11 spacers?

thanks in advance.
Seems like these cars all sit just a bit different and I think we all want a different look. No pics, but I went with 15 front and 10 rear and on my 2020 (stock suspension) to me it is perfect. I started with a 12 in the rear but the tire just stuck out a bit too far to me. Your results may vary.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 11:29 AM   #161
OT-Dan
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2019 911 GTS
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark View Post
Seems like these cars all sit just a bit different and I think we all want a different look. No pics, but I went with 15 front and 10 rear and on my 2020 (stock suspension) to me it is perfect. I started with a 12 in the rear but the tire just stuck out a bit too far to me. Your results may vary.
Any pics? Do you have to add a hub extender for the 10MM in the rear? What brand spacers? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 01:04 PM   #162
Motorin Mark
Private First Class
17
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 Rhodonite Silver
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, FL USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT-Dan View Post
Any pics? Do you have to add a hub extender for the 10MM in the rear? What brand spacers? Thanks!

Sorry I am old and have no clue as to how to take pics with a phone let alone post them. No hub extenders, direct bolt on. They are made by Macht Schell and sold by EAS here on the forum. They may have pics.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2020, 03:59 PM   #163
Clarkey
Enlisted Member
Clarkey's Avatar
United Kingdom
12
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 340i M Sport Touring
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Yorkshire

iTrader: (0)

Hi all. Some advice. Iím running the stock 20Ē rims and and am just looking at adding spacers. Iíve bought 4x12mm H&R spacers but not fitted them yet. I have ceramic brakes and looking at the car on the ramp I felt that 12mm at the rear looked like it would really push the into the fender.
So the question is do I go to 10mm at the back?
Second question is do I go for 15mm at the front as there looks like loads of space there?
A trusted modder here in the UK advises 12mm all around but, I also wondered if thereís any difference because of the ceramic brakes??
Advice and help greatly appreciated from anywhere in the world please.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #164
dardeca
Major
dardeca's Avatar
United_States
391
Rep
1,220
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5 Competition
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkey View Post
Hi all. Some advice. Iím running the stock 20Ē rims and and am just looking at adding spacers. Iíve bought 4x12mm H&R spacers but not fitted them yet. I have ceramic brakes and looking at the car on the ramp I felt that 12mm at the rear looked like it would really push the into the fender.
So the question is do I go to 10mm at the back?
Second question is do I go for 15mm at the front as there looks like loads of space there?
A trusted modder here in the UK advises 12mm all around but, I also wondered if thereís any difference because of the ceramic brakes??
Advice and help greatly appreciated from anywhere in the world please.
I have 15mm in the front (and still have space to spare) and 11mm on the back. I'm lowered on H&R F90 sport springs and everything looks good with no rub issues/concerns.

I think you might have a problem with 12mm in the back if you aren't lowered...but there are others on this board more knowledgeable than me.
__________________
E92 M3 Supplemental manual p.38: "The laws of physics cannot be repealed, even with DSC."
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 05:56 AM   #165
amg55driver
Private First Class
43
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark View Post
Sorry I am old and have no clue as to how to take pics with a phone let alone post them. No hub extenders, direct bolt on. They are made by Macht Schell and sold by EAS here on the forum. They may have pics.
so with 15mm front, they still sit inside the fender?
I am afraid without drop, the 15mm will stick out too far...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:34 AM   #166
Motorin Mark
Private First Class
17
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 Rhodonite Silver
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Daytona Beach, FL USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg55driver View Post
so with 15mm front, they still sit inside the fender?
I am afraid without drop, the 15mm will stick out too far...
Correct. Again we all want just a bit different look, but on my car, again stock suspension that I am not going to lower, mine sit flush now front and rear and appear very even front to rear. With the 12mm on the back they made the rear a bit wider and sticking out more than the front, I wanted a even look so I went to 10mm in the rear and for me its just right. I am on stock 20 inch wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #167
amg55driver
Private First Class
43
Rep
103
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorin Mark View Post
Correct. Again we all want just a bit different look, but on my car, again stock suspension that I am not going to lower, mine sit flush now front and rear and appear very even front to rear. With the 12mm on the back they made the rear a bit wider and sticking out more than the front, I wanted a even look so I went to 10mm in the rear and for me its just right. I am on stock 20 inch wheels.
it will be super if you can take some picture and upload..

maybe you can text me some photos? and i will gladly post them up for you? I will block out your license plate if that matters.

I will pm you my cell, you can just sent over photos.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 07:29 AM   #168
windtendo
Major
windtendo's Avatar
837
Rep
1,388
Posts

Drives: Nardo F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Hereís my new(er) setup... 12mm front / 5mm rear. Car is lowered on the KW HAS kit.









Appreciate 1
      02-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #169
r33_RGSport
Lieutenant General
r33_RGSport's Avatar
United_States
4985
Rep
13,218
Posts

Drives: 997.1 C4S / F39 X2 / F97 X3MC
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Here’s my new(er) setup... 12mm front / 5mm rear. Car is lowered on the KW HAS kit.









Nice. That's with 285 front and 295 rear, right?
__________________
Email: sales@rgsport.com === IG: RGSport_USA
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 09:33 AM   #170
OT-Dan
Enlisted Member
20
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2019 911 GTS
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Looks great! I think this is how the M5 should have come stock. These sizes look OEM. Thank you for posting the pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #171
windtendo
Major
windtendo's Avatar
837
Rep
1,388
Posts

Drives: Nardo F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Nice. That's with 285 front and 295 rear, right?
Iím not around my car for another 24 hours, but if what you mentioned is the OEM tire size for the 20Ē wheels, then yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #172
windtendo
Major
windtendo's Avatar
837
Rep
1,388
Posts

Drives: Nardo F90
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OT-Dan View Post
Looks great! I think this is how the M5 should have come stock. These sizes look OEM. Thank you for posting the pics!
Thanks! This is really a dialed-in OEM+ setup.

The 15/12 setup that a lot of guys are running certainly works and looks awesome if you want the most aggressive stance without rubbing.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST