BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Hello UK M5 Owners!

01-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #89
Fireblade1000
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3X

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG3074 View Post
Hi all... been nosing around the forums for a while now and never noticed this thread!..

I’ve had a 2019 non comp M5 since August last year.. coming from a 30 Jahre F10 I wanted a non comp as I found the 30 Jahre a little too firm over my previous non comp pack F10.

A few thousand miles in with the F90 and I absolutely love it.. my daily is a 2019 Range Rover Sport but I enjoy the M5 so much I’m contemplating selling that!

Car was individual Azurite Black but I wrapped it straight away to Frozen Dark Silver. I’ve added the M Performance carbon rear diffuser and front corner splitters, which I opted to wrap in body colour as didn’t like the carbon contrast!
Also added the rear reflector delete sourced from Imran@Evolve and then done a bit of coding myself via BimmerCode.
The exterior is ceramic coated as is full interior, makes the seats much easier to manage and clean.

I live near Chester in the North West, would love to hook up with fellow owners sometime for a coffee and car talk!

Cheers,
Andrew.
Very nice mate, see it also has carbon ceramics, quite a rare option on these,

Why did you get an individual colour and then wrap it straight away mate?

There's a thread related to a Northwest meet in the M5 section over on M3 cutters mate
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 11:59 AM   #90
Andrew Gamble
Petrolhead & Coffee Addict!
Rep
Drives: 2020 Alpine White F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade1000 View Post
Very nice mate, see it also has carbon ceramics, quite a rare option on these,

Why did you get an individual colour and then wrap it straight away mate?

There's a thread related to a Northwest meet in the M5 section over on M3 cutters mate
I didn't actually spec the car, my dealer sourced it for me with 10 miles on the clock.. my main requirement was the Carbon Ceramics, and that narrowed the search down to 2 in the country at the time!.. I had ceramics on my last F10 and they were absolutely astonishing so i wouldn't buy an M5 again without them (having put 3 sets of discs & pads on my first F10 i think the ceramics are worth the money let alone the increased stopping power) and I also wanted Silverstone interior which narrowed the search further to this being the only car available at that time with my main options, hence I didn't get to choose the colour.. I would have chosen Sapphire Black, i'm not actually that keen on the blue tinge in the Azurite!... but that aside as I own a wrapping company it was always going to be wrapped!

Thanks.. I'll take a look at the thread regarding the northwest meet... Thanks
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      01-13-2020, 12:15 PM   #91
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Hi all... been nosing around the forums for a while now and never noticed this thread!..

I’ve had a 2019 non comp M5 since August last year.. coming from a 30 Jahre F10 I wanted a non comp as I found the 30 Jahre a little too firm over my previous non comp pack F10.

A few thousand miles in with the F90 and I absolutely love it.. my daily is a 2019 Range Rover Sport but I enjoy the M5 so much I’m contemplating selling that!

Car was individual Azurite Black but I wrapped it straight away to Frozen Dark Silver. I’ve added the M Performance carbon rear diffuser and front corner splitters, which I opted to wrap in body colour as didn’t like the carbon contrast!
Also added the rear reflector delete sourced from Imran@Evolve and then done a bit of coding myself via BimmerCode.
The exterior is ceramic coated as is full interior, makes the seats much easier to manage and clean.

I live near Chester in the North West, would love to hook up with fellow owners sometime for a coffee and car talk!

Cheers,
Andrew.

Just trying to organise something Buddy

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...gether.221251/

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #92
Andrew Gamble
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Just trying to organise something Buddy

https://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/threa...gether.221251/

Thanks so much mate

Gone : 2012 535d M Sport | 2013 F10 M5 | 2013 Bentley W12 GT Speed | 2014 Range Rover Vogue | 2014 F10 M5 30 Jahre | Ducati 848evo Dark Edition | 2019 F90 M5
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #93
Fireblade1000
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I didn't actually spec the car, my dealer sourced it for me with 10 miles on the clock.. my main requirement was the Carbon Ceramics, and that narrowed the search down to 2 in the country at the time!.. I had ceramics on my last F10 and they were absolutely astonishing so i wouldn't buy an M5 again without them (having put 3 sets of discs & pads on my first F10 i think the ceramics are worth the money let alone the increased stopping power) and I also wanted Silverstone interior which narrowed the search further to this being the only car available at that time with my main options, hence I didn't get to choose the colour.. I would have chosen Sapphire Black, i'm not actually that keen on the blue tinge in the Azurite!... but that aside as I own a wrapping company it was always going to be wrapped!

Thanks.. I'll take a look at the thread regarding the northwest meet... Thanks
Wow 3 sets of discs and pads that's going some a lot swear by ceramics, never had them so think its a case of what you have never had etc

Am with you on the Silverstone I had it on my first one and loved it, when I decided on a black comp I was trying to get Silverstone but my must have was driving assistant plus and to get both was proving difficult so settled on black interior, at least it hides the mess the kids make

Lol makes sense now to wrap if you own your own wrapping company
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #94
Burnsey
Just A Regular Guy
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
I’ve added the M Performance carbon rear diffuser and front corner splitters, which I opted to wrap in body colour as didn’t like the carbon contrast!

The exterior is ceramic coated as is full interior, makes the seats much easier to manage and clean
I really like how you wrapped the front splitters - first time I've seen iot and they look awesome!

I've been toing and froing with parts to add on and still not decided what I want, if anything.

To date I've swapped out the chrome for black, including kidney grills, side vents and rear badge.

I'm on backorder with Evolve for the rear reflector deletes, as they don't hold stock of the gloss black, which match everything else.

It's bloody forums which tempt you, but I am generally an OEM man, or more an 'original' fan, but the M performance options are so good, but that said, I am likely only to add the rear diffuser, if anything.

Is your rear diffuser wrapped or have you retained the carbon finish?

I also had the ceramic coating inside and out and it makes a huge difference on Singapore Grey. My last mineral white M3 Comp Pack had the same treatment, but it's much more apparent on this one.

I'm slightly traumatised after looking at the dismantled photo's, so just off for a lie down

Last edited by Burnsey; 01-13-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 01:47 PM   #95
Andrew Gamble
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade1000 View Post
Wow 3 sets of discs and pads that's going some a lot swear by ceramics, never had them so think its a case of what you have never had etc

Am with you on the Silverstone I had it on my first one and loved it, when I decided on a black comp I was trying to get Silverstone but my must have was driving assistant plus and to get both was proving difficult so settled on black interior, at least it hides the mess the kids make

Lol makes sense now to wrap if you own your own wrapping company
Lol... yeah, kids and silverstone isn’t the greatest match! It’s certainly hard finding the ideal spec when not building/buying new, it’s always a compromise.

Yeah, I did a fair few miles in my first F10, a good few European road trips and a couple of track days dispatched one set of brakes...not to mention a full set of tyres!

I’m not registered on the M3 cutters board so if anyone can keep me posted on the North West meet that would be great.

Gone : 2012 535d M Sport | 2013 F10 M5 | 2013 Bentley W12 GT Speed | 2014 Range Rover Vogue | 2014 F10 M5 30 Jahre | Ducati 848evo Dark Edition | 2019 F90 M5
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2020, 02:43 PM   #96
Fireblade1000
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Lol... yeah, kids and silverstone isn’t the greatest match! It’s certainly hard finding the ideal spec when not building/buying new, it’s always a compromise.

Yeah, I did a fair few miles in my first F10, a good few European road trips and a couple of track days dispatched one set of brakes...not to mention a full set of tyres!

I’m not registered on the M3 cutters board so if anyone can keep me posted on the North West meet that would be great.

Could do with more M5 owners on cutters mate, I had M4s before and that is a massively busy section but M5 section is still taking off

Sorry for poaching mods, like this forum also now it has a UK section
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 06:59 AM   #97
F90CP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 F90 CP

UK member here, I will get some pics up for you guys soon I posted 1 in the other thread but will get some more
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #98
Andrew Gamble
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
I really like how you wrapped the front splitters - first time I've seen iot and they look awesome!

I've been toing and froing with parts to add on and still not decided what I want, if anything.

To date I've swapped out the chrome for black, including kidney grills, side vents and rear badge.

I'm on backorder with Evolve for the rear reflector deletes, as they don't hold stock of the gloss black, which match everything else.

It's bloody forums which tempt you, but I am generally an OEM man, or more an 'original' fan, but the M performance options are so good, but that said, I am likely only to add the rear diffuser, if anything.

Is your rear diffuser wrapped or have you retained the carbon finish?

I also had the ceramic coating inside and out and it makes a huge difference on Singapore Grey. My last mineral white M3 Comp Pack had the same treatment, but it's much more apparent on this one.

I'm slightly traumatised after looking at the dismantled photo's, so just off for a lie down
Ha ha.. that’s a common reaction to set it stripped down! People often think I’m nuts for dismantling a brand new car, but it’s what we do and the only way to ensure an OEM paint like level of finish for a wrap.

I also ordered the gloss black finish deflector deletes but they weren’t in stock so I took the normal plastic finish and they look fine actually... they arguably show the honeycomb ‘vent’ effect better than the gloss ones due the less reflective nature compared to the high gloss finish.

I share your love of OEM, I’m not a fan of many cosmetic mods, an M5 was always a dream car due to its ‘Q car’ appeal, so I don’t see the point in making them stand out... but it’s all personal opinion & preference I guess!

I kept the carbon rear diffuser in the carbon finish, I think it looks great, it was just the front parts I didn’t like as they didn’t tie in with anything... like you I opted for gloss black grilles, side vents and rear badge.... and those with a keen eye will spot I wrapped the blue propellers on all bmw badges on the car, wheels and even the steering wheel in gloss black too!

Hope you’ve got over the trauma and the lie down did you good!

Appreciate 1
Burnsey315.50
      01-17-2020, 02:06 AM   #99
Burnsey
Just A Regular Guy
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
and those with a keen eye will spot I wrapped the blue propellers on all bmw badges on the car, wheels and even the steering wheel in gloss black too!
I did notice, but assumed you'd just swapped them out with aftermarket badges. The skill to wrap is fabulous and the car looks immense!

I (light) tinted my rear lights, which added a nice touch too by the way.

After four months of ownership and constant self-debate, I ordered the carbon rear diffuser yesterday and alongside the bits already changed - that's it - I'll fit that, the reflector deletes and enjoy the car now.

If the installation affects the comfort boot opening, so be it...

Last edited by Burnsey; 01-17-2020 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2020, 02:22 AM   #100
kljw
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Hi All
I have an M5C, Based in Scotland. Singapore Grey.
This is my first M car ever after being a dedicated RR owner, just love it.....
Appreciate 3
Burnsey315.50
Simon H874.50
      01-18-2020, 03:59 AM   #101
Ghost-M5
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Black / Black

Hi all

I picked up my F90 M5 - Black Sapphire with Black Leather in August

Its epic, however due to a bout of illness I wasn't able to drive it much during Q4 so it only has 1800 miles on it after 5 months, but now I am fit, I am taking it for a proper clean today, and get some pics (will post later) and a blast up the motorway since the sun has come out...

This replaced an Alpine White F10 M5 which I loved but the F90 is on another level...and the black exterior makes it look much more menacing...
Appreciate 4
Burnsey315.50
kljw10.00
Simon H874.50
      02-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #102
Clarkey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyrityres View Post
It's annoying really takes the joy of driving the thing, doesn't feel like a m power, I'm due my run in service, see if it gets any better, I'll keep you updated
What’s the rear diffuser you have, and have you got side skirts? I’m wondering if plastic G30 ones fit as I don’t want carbon ones only to paint them in black.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:32 PM   #103
shaft786
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90

Hi Guys,

Picked up 3 weeks ago my F90 San Marino Blue -Black
Every time in the M5 is like a day on the rollor coaster
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 08:05 AM   #104
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

It could be my cars' twin!

There aren't many UK SMB F90's and I've seen a few used ones incorrectly advertised, even by main dealers, as San Marino Blue when actually they're Marina Bay Blue.

If it was used, there should be a "BMW Individual" plate underneath the bonnet on the front crossmember with the colour.

Check out https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1#post23927311 and the follow up a couple of posts later for pictures of mine and a comparison between SMB and MBB.
      08-17-2020, 04:33 AM   #105
M5 TT
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Got mine 2 weeks ago. Had 2 F10 M5s in the past but lack of traction got to me each time. F90 is a game changer for me.
      09-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #106
leeadam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp (Evolve Tune)

I pick up my SMB M5 comp in couple of weeks. Has the carbon exterior trims but not the mirror caps, where is best place to buy, which dealer does best price.?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 06:59 AM   #107
Andrew Gamble
Rep

Hello... again!

Hi,

I’m introducing myself for the 2nd time! I previously had a 2019 M5 which was wrapped (featured on page 4 of this thread) but sold it in June 2020.

I regretted selling it quite soon and missed having an M5 in my life so started looking for a replacement and whilst searching approved used on holiday in Cyprus last September I found this 2020 M5 non-comp in BMW Park Lane, London, advertised as ‘Coming soon’ it didn’t even feature photos but the spec ticked all of my boxes, even if the colour didn’t, and the call was made from my sun lounger, I bought the car and it was delivered to my office before I returned from my holiday, and without even seeing it!!

My main requirements/must haves were Non-Comp, Carbon Ceramics, Silverstone Leather and Driving Assistant Plus, everything else was negotiable.. including the colour as I own a wrapping company.

However almost 5 months in and I’m actually liking the Alpine White and though will probably wrap it at some point, may well live with it for the summer...we’ll see?!

It was a directors car at Park Lane and has a lengthy options list.

I bought the car with 1,380 miles on, running in service complete and the remainder of a 36,000/3 year service pack.

The option list is as follows;

403 - Electric Glass Sunroof £0
ZGM - Comfort Package £1,195
7ME - M Drivers Package £2,095
ZGK - Premium Package £1,995
4WM - Dark Carbon Structure £495
2NK - Carbon Ceramic Brakes £7,495
5AT - Driving Assistant Plus £1,470
5AL - Dynamic Safety £280
6UK - Night Vision with Pedestrian Recognition £1,595
465 - Through Loading System £335
1MA - M Sport Exhaust System £1,100
4M8 - Individual Reading Lights £305
416 - Sunblinds for Rear Windows £410
319 - Universal Remote Control £195
6F1 - Bowers & Wilkins Sound £3,090
6CP - Apple Car Play Preparation £235

I have so far wrapped the roof black..really miss the carbon roof aesthetically however also really enjoy the sunroof!.. added the reflector delete, OEM black mirror caps, kidney grilles, side vents and rear badge, fitted a Genuine M Performance rear Carbon diffuser and ceramic coated the full interior.

My next plan is to do the LCi rear light retro fit and will probably get the dealer to do this as is now a retrofit option from them and as the car has to go in soon for the fuel cell recall I will combine the trip.

The car is currently on Pirelli Sottozero Winter Tyres, is used whenever possible and I’m enjoying it thoroughly again and feel I have a better car than the first time round due to the specification.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Simon H874.50
M5stu9.00
      01-21-2021, 07:41 AM   #108
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Hi,

I’m introducing myself for the 2nd time! I previously had a 2019 M5 which was wrapped (featured on page 4 of this thread) but sold it in June 2020.

I regretted selling it quite soon and missed having an M5 in my life so started looking for a replacement and whilst searching approved used on holiday in Cyprus last September I found this 2020 M5 non-comp in BMW Park Lane, London, advertised as ‘Coming soon’ it didn’t even feature photos but the spec ticked all of my boxes, even if the colour didn’t, and the call was made from my sun lounger, I bought the car and it was delivered to my office before I returned from my holiday, and without even seeing it!!

My main requirements/must haves were Non-Comp, Carbon Ceramics, Silverstone Leather and Driving Assistant Plus, everything else was negotiable.. including the colour as I own a wrapping company.

However almost 5 months in and I’m actually liking the Alpine White and though will probably wrap it at some point, may well live with it for the summer...we’ll see?!

It was a directors car at Park Lane and has a lengthy options list.

I bought the car with 1,380 miles on, running in service complete and the remainder of a 36,000/3 year service pack.

The option list is as follows;

403 - Electric Glass Sunroof £0
ZGM - Comfort Package £1,195
7ME - M Drivers Package £2,095
ZGK - Premium Package £1,995
4WM - Dark Carbon Structure £495
2NK - Carbon Ceramic Brakes £7,495
5AT - Driving Assistant Plus £1,470
5AL - Dynamic Safety £280
6UK - Night Vision with Pedestrian Recognition £1,595
465 - Through Loading System £335
1MA - M Sport Exhaust System £1,100
4M8 - Individual Reading Lights £305
416 - Sunblinds for Rear Windows £410
319 - Universal Remote Control £195
6F1 - Bowers & Wilkins Sound £3,090
6CP - Apple Car Play Preparation £235

I have so far wrapped the roof black..really miss the carbon roof aesthetically however also really enjoy the sunroof!.. added the reflector delete, OEM black mirror caps, kidney grilles, side vents and rear badge, fitted a Genuine M Performance rear Carbon diffuser and ceramic coated the full interior.

My next plan is to do the LCi rear light retro fit and will probably get the dealer to do this as is now a retrofit option from them and as the car has to go in soon for the fuel cell recall I will combine the trip.

The car is currently on Pirelli Sottozero Winter Tyres, is used whenever possible and I’m enjoying it thoroughly again and feel I have a better car than the first time round due to the specification.
Really like that Buddy,
Great spec too. Enjoy
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2021, 06:24 AM   #109
Andrew Gamble
Rep

Thanks Simon, much appreciated.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 06:28 AM   #110
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Nice car that, enjoy.