BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Absolute zero drive off

11-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ms

Absolute zero drive off

For an absolute zero drive off deal except for MSDs due for a 36 months lease, does that mean a total of 35 monthly payments only?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnysora View Post
For an absolute zero drive off deal except for MSDs due for a 36 months lease, does that mean a total of 35 monthly payments only?

Thanks!
I don't believe so because no matter what, tax-license-registration has to be paid... There's no skirting taxes / registration...

Can you imagine how many people would not register their vehicles if we were trusted to do it once we get home? Lolol
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:

Thanks!
I don't believe so because no matter what, tax-license-registration has to be paid... There's no skirting taxes / registration...

Can you imagine how many people would not register their vehicles if we were trusted to do it once we get home? Lolol
Was quoted this way lol. I think they bundled those into the subsequent payments. The only thing due at signing is my 7 MSDs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #4
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Was quoted this way lol. I think they bundled those into the subsequent payments. The only thing due at signing is my 7 MSDs
The maxed out MSD's changes things completely... I'd have to look at the money factor / residuals for current month but I got mine during the fuck-you pricing they had back in the beginning of '18's and 19's so a year ago... Shit was brutal then...

Point is, my car had a sticker of 132k I believe and I apologize because it's been a year now so I don't remember the details but I got loyalty credit, some other rebates and discounts and my payments including taxes are lower than that screenshot you showed me... No MSD and I just did drive off - which was first payment, tax, license registration etc...

I'll try looking for my contract but truthfully you're better off just posting the exact specifics of your deal and there are people here who can math far better than I can lol...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:57 PM   #5
nJuDunno
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp

I also rolled everything in, so only 35 payments to make
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #6
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nJuDunno View Post
I also rolled everything in, so only 35 payments to make
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 02:54 PM   #7
Funnysora
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

The maxed out MSD's changes things completely... I'd have to look at the money factor / residuals for current month but I got mine during the fuck-you pricing they had back in the beginning of '18's and 19's so a year ago... Shit was brutal then...

Point is, my car had a sticker of 132k I believe and I apologize because it's been a year now so I don't remember the details but I got loyalty credit, some other rebates and discounts and my payments including taxes are lower than that screenshot you showed me... No MSD and I just did drive off - which was first payment, tax, license registration etc...

I'll try looking for my contract but truthfully you're better off just posting the exact specifics of your deal and there are people here who can math far better than I can lol...
Haha thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #8
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

I did the same, zero down and 35 remaining payments.

And great to see how many of us know how to lease a car correctly. Zero down every time.

Last edited by BMWonlyZone; 11-21-2019 at 05:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
I did the same, zero down and 35 remaining payments.

And great to see how many of us know how to lease a car correctly. Zero down every time.
I have no issues paying my license / registration and first payment up front, I don't consider this to be a "down", I don't think that qualifies me as not knowing how to do a lease in the way you think is proper, lol...

Unless by zero down you really referring to people who put like 10k down on a car for a lease... That's different... I've seen someone trade in their car as the down for their lease... Not sold the car, traded it in to reflect the down payment, lol...
Appreciate 1
BDWonder138.00
      11-21-2019, 10:42 PM   #10
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Every dollar you pay at delivery is at risk, period, It should ALL be built into the payment. And I didn’t say you don’t know how to lease, I said it’s nice to see many of us actually do!

If you bail out of the lease a few months early like many of us do, or if the car is totaled or stolen, you made a mistake, So, if all goes perfectly, and you drive the car exactly to term with no loss, you’re fine.

So tell me why I would take that risk? I even build in the wheel and tire insurance for the same reasons. Why pay up front and own the insurance for 36 months? Am I guaranteed to have the car for 36 months? No. Have never kept a car to term.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:47 PM   #11
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Every dollar you pay at delivery is at risk, period, It should ALL be built into the payment. And I didn’t say you don’t know how to lease, I said it’s nice to see many of us actually do!

If you bail out of the lease a few months early like many of us do, or if the car is totaled or stolen, you made a mistake, So, if all goes perfectly, and you drive the car exactly to term with no loss, you’re fine.

So tell me why I would take that risk? I even build in the wheel and tire insurance for the same reasons. Why pay up front and own the insurance for 36 months? Am I guaranteed to have the car for 36 months? No. Have never kept a car to term.

Hope this helps.
This is agree to disagree... I'm not gonna cry over $700 registration fee if I end up eating it and have it "built in" I guess... Either way, even if you sell it at some point, you still paid the first "registration" over the course of ownership... Maybe it's three months? Maybe you love the car and it's 13 months?

Regardless, I wouldn't insult people with such a blanket OPINION and say you lease right and others don't lol... It's such "fake news" type shit... "This is correct and this behavior isn't !!"
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 10:52 PM   #12
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

I “insulted you”?

Pay whatever you want up front if it makes you feel better. #snowflake
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 11:00 PM   #13
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I "insulted you"?

Pay whatever you want up front if it makes you feel better. #snowflake
I think you missed the point lol... It's clear to me now that having a conversation with you is pointless, lol... I wouldn't be able to get through the cloud of superiority - it's much too dense...

But seriously? The point, is that how is that the correct way? What if someone ends up keeping the car longer than the registration period? Why would you want to keep paying on something has already passed? How do you know how long someone is going to keep the car for? Shit changes, circumstances change, or again, they may love the car? So why the fuck doesn't it go both ways? It's like saying there's right pizza (New York) and a wrong pizza (chicago)? Which is true but still? Lol...
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #14
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep

Psst..because it’s a car and it’s all unpredictable. Stop embarrassing yourself. Night!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2019, 11:28 PM   #15
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Psst..because it’s a car and it’s all unpredictable. Stop embarrassing yourself. Night!
"She seems like a very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future. So nice to see!"
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2019, 07:59 AM   #16
Az5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 740i

How about you two get a room, or move on
Appreciate 1