BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    Dimensions of Interior Trunk?

04-25-2024, 10:37 AM   #1
Blue Shell
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Dimensions of Interior Trunk?

Greetings All! Would someone mind pulling the dimensions of the rear trunk space as per the attached arrows in the below picture? I am trying to get an idea of the space available behind the trunk hooks. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 04:47 PM   #2
cjeansonne
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C F90 - Donnington Grey

Where’d you get that cargo net?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 06:04 PM   #3
Blue Shell
Registered
Rep

This is not my pic, but I assume this is BMW cargo net, Part#51470010557.

I know this is an odd post as I plan to move from my Audi S4 to an M5 and I wanted to check what kind of space is available to fit my tire change kit.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 08:14 PM   #4
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shell View Post
I know this is an odd post as I plan to move from my Audi S4 to an M5 and I wanted to check what kind of space is available to fit my tire change kit.

If you're carrying that nice tire change kit I assume you'll have a spare tire as well? To save space I've gone to the Modern Spare kit, and all I need for jacking and changing is in the small right side pocket of the M5 trunk. No torque wrench, but for a spare tire short term sort of situation, I can rely on experience to give me a ballpark tightness.

The width of the trunk floor is 32" and at floor level it's 15" to the tie down hook. But that changes to 12" if you move up 6" because of the taper of the back seat in the trunk compartment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 11:44 AM   #5
Blue Shell
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
If you're carrying that nice tire change kit I assume you'll have a spare tire as well? To save space I've gone to the Modern Spare kit, and all I need for jacking and changing is in the small right side pocket of the M5 trunk. No torque wrench, but for a spare tire short term sort of situation, I can rely on experience to give me a ballpark tightness.

The width of the trunk floor is 32" and at floor level it's 15" to the tie down hook. But that changes to 12" if you move up 6" because of the taper of the back seat in the trunk compartment.
First I have heard of Modern Spare, looks to be an excellent source for spare tire. I appreciate the measurements and thanks for your help!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 08:00 PM   #6
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

1 or 2 members swapped the trunk floor from a G30 5 series that comes with a mini spare. You do lose trunk height with that swap. If I was doing it, I’d try to salvage parts from a wreck, but I need my trunk space. I toss one of my other season wheels in the trunk for trips.
Appreciate 0