BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    HAS Kits

01-26-2021, 12:01 AM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
HAS Kits

I've been looking for a proper write up/member review and impressions on the M Performance HAS kit. I've also been hoping someone with an LCI has put either that or the KW HAS Kit on. I've had the KW and 12mm spacers along with 295 in the rear of my M4 for years and never experienced any issues with rubbing. Not sure if I'll go as low and aggressive with the M5 as I have with my cars before.. So i'm VERY interested in all info!

Having experienced every delay in the world regarding deliveries over the last year, I'm ordering my parts ASAP for my LCI M5 now that i've been given a production number.

Any pics? Reviews? Or if I missed a thread with this info.. help a guy out!

Thanks
BRCHP
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:32 PM   #2
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

I have a 2021 M5c and installed MSS kit at first which was a complete failure. Both front and rear sat a little higher than stock on the lowest setting. Also the car did not exhibit improved behavior under load and in the corners. I got into an argument with MSS and went back to what I knew best, KW.

The ride is very comparable to a stock M5c (not sure about pre-lci models. I know LCI switched to M8c suspension), but I do get more feedback from the road. It could be a combination of lowering and aggressive spacers. Pictures that you see are not on the lowest setting. Excuse the extra trunk space on the roof. I have mine and kids snowboards in there for the short snow season in Cali.
Attached Images

Jamesmick131.00
      02-18-2021, 12:13 AM   #3
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I have a 2021 M5c and installed MSS kit at first which was a complete failure. Both front and rear sat a little higher than stock on the lowest setting. Also the car did not exhibit improved behavior under load and in the corners. I got into an argument with MSS and went back to what I knew best, KW.

The ride is very comparable to a stock M5c (not sure about pre-lci models. I know LCI switched to M8c suspension), but I do get more feedback from the road. It could be a combination of lowering and aggressive spacers. Pictures that you see are not on the lowest setting. Excuse the extra trunk space on the roof. I have mine and kids snowboards in there for the short snow season in Cali.
Beautiful ride! Your stance is spot on 👍🏼
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      02-18-2021, 07:47 AM   #4
FatRear08
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I went with the KW HAS as well. I also, coming from F80 M3, had great experience with their V3 coil overs. These springs made the F90 sit exactly where I wanted it. The ride quality has not changed so dramatically that it is worth writing about. It is negligible and I’m more than happy with how the car looks and feels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
FSHNGRY2301.00
Laoschris489.00
      02-18-2021, 10:58 PM   #5
CRUDE
Rep
Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
I went with the KW HAS as well. I also, coming from F80 M3, had great experience with their V3 coil overs. These springs made the F90 sit exactly where I wanted it. The ride quality has not changed so dramatically that it is worth writing about. It is negligible and I’m more than happy with how the car looks and feels.
Very nice. Coming from an air suspension RS7, this was sort of a disappointment for me in the M5! Can you please post a link where to purchase? Looking for a 21 M5C LCI. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2021, 11:01 PM   #6
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUDE View Post
Very nice. Coming from an air suspension RS7, this was sort of a disappointment for me in the M5! Can you please post a link where to purchase? Looking for a 21 M5C LCI. Thanks
https://ind-distribution.com/products/kw-f90-m5-h-a-s-coilover-kit

They have them in stock.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      02-21-2021, 01:57 AM   #7
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
This. Thank you both and the ride height's are perfect. Also the same goal i want to achieve: Looks over performance. I dont track.

Im the " I hand wash/wax/polish/ceramic/clay my own car" kinda guy.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 09:05 AM   #8
MTHX
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335XI MPerformance edition

Garage List
2018 F90M5  [0.00]
Just a little question.

I'm a little bit confused.
I ordered the M Performance sport suspension HAS for a Lci Comp.

Look like people talk about two kit for HAS.

One from BMW
https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...QtNGwtdjgtZ2Fz

One from KW
https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...AS-F90-M5.html

The post from IND (https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1620930) look like de BMW one, and the one show up there look like KW.

For people who have installed the BMW HAS kit, are you able to lower the car from the standard suspension on the competition model? If yes, how much mm ?

Do you have any measurements that you would like to share with your setup with some picture ? It will be easier for me to give directions to the dealer when they are going to install it

Another question. This is the first time that I will install an adjustable suspension. Every time the height changes, do you have to perform an alignment? ?

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Lacuna Seca Blue //

F30 2015 335XI MPerformance edition - Grey black //

F90 2018 M5 - Donington Grey

Last edited by MTHX; 03-08-2021 at 05:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 12:54 PM   #9
Crumbs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M Mineral White

might need to do this myself.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      03-11-2021, 10:56 PM   #10
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Can you order this as a port installed accessory? May do that if it’s available. Going to reach out to my CA tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 08:22 PM   #11
m3forme2016
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 SSII/SS Comp

I was under the impression that all M Performance parts can be ordered with the car, and installed at the port...is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 11:52 PM   #12
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3forme2016 View Post
I was under the impression that all M Performance parts can be ordered with the car, and installed at the port...is that correct?
My CA said it’s not listed in the order bank for port installed accessories.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:30 AM   #13
TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:

Will there be any rubbing if you set all springs to the lowest setting with spacers on? I have 15front 12rear spacers, I want make sure it won't rub even on the lowest setting. Also do you know by how many mm does the height drop from stock height? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #14
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyBHGM5 View Post
Quote:

Will there be any rubbing if you set all springs to the lowest setting with spacers on? I have 15front 12rear spacers, I want make sure it won't rub even on the lowest setting. Also do you know by how many mm does the height drop from stock height? Thanks!
I've heard these are very uncomfortable compared to others.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 11:56 AM   #15
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Does the MPerformance HAS kit have a stiffer feel than my stock 2022 m5 comp? I actually want to make it feel more stiff and responsive. My stock 2019 m5 comp had a better raw feel IMO. Wondering if the MPerformance HAS kit has stiffer springs etc. Any help would be very much appreciated. Schedule to have it installed next week on Wednesday.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 10:41 PM   #16
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower3330 View Post
Does the MPerformance HAS kit have a stiffer feel than my stock 2022 m5 comp? I actually want to make it feel more stiff and responsive. My stock 2019 m5 comp had a better raw feel IMO. Wondering if the MPerformance HAS kit has stiffer springs etc. Any help would be very much appreciated. Schedule to have it installed next week on Wednesday.
(I completely forgot I asked these questions lol)

I cannot speak for "MP HAS kit"

But I can go into tremendous detail on the

KW HAS kit | Carbahn Ball Joints | Dinan Tension links | Future Classic Spacers | Michelin

Concoction and it's splendid

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 11:13 PM   #17
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post

KW HAS kit | Carbahn Ball Joints | Dinan Tension links | Future Classic Spacers | Michelin

Interesting. How intensive were the ball joints and tension links install? Any concerns with factory warranty? I saw your post on them and it’s very enticing.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:21 AM   #18
mpower3330
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Ugh, you and josec70 are heavily influencing this months credit card bill and INDs June/July topline revenue goals. I’m doing the MPerformance suspension next week and then doing the ball joints the week after. My biggest issue is steering feel with this new car. My 2019 m5 comp had much better feel IMO.
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      07-15-2022, 12:28 AM   #19
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Ugh, you and josec70 are heavily influencing this months credit card bill and INDs June/July topline revenue goals. I’m doing the MPerformance suspension next week and then doing the ball joints the week after. My biggest issue is steering feel with this new car. My 2019 m5 comp had much better feel IMO.
Oh man, you didn't know?
We get a cut on all of the sales…

KIDDING! (Damn I wish LOL)

Man- we just both have a crazy addiction and love for these cars- and wasted no time modding. Here to help guide the rest of us and share the story! Besides- it's only money

Alright- in regards to the suspension/driving feel- report back when you've installed these parts. I too, had your feelings, and these 3 mods completely changed the game

Enjoy! Can't wait to hear your feedback

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 01:15 PM   #20
TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Quote:

Can you give some insight on how to choose between dinan and carbahn monoball and rear toe link kit?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 10:21 PM   #21
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you give some insight on how to choose between dinan and carbahn monoball and rear toe link kit?
Either choice is the wrong answer. Just get the one that makes sense for you. in stock? Price? You won't feel a difference. And you certainly won't be missing out on normal driving.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 10:45 PM   #22
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So,

Initially when I ordered these parts, I placed my order on IND's site for both Dinan branded parts.

I was contacted by Ryan and was told at that particular time that they did not have either part in stock.

Being who I am- and not taking "no" as an answer by any regard- I called Dinan directly and was able to get my hands on one of their last in stock tension link kits which was overnighted (Thanks again Dinan!) Sadly- their ball joint kit was still MIA and I was left unsatisfied.

Mr_M5Guy to the rescue, being the M5 guru he is, informs me that Steve Dinan is the new chief of "Carbahn"

Understanding the sale/move of his namesake, I gained full trust in Carbahn and gave them a call. A day later after chatting with Chris (damn cool guy- and great representative of carbahn) I had my balljoints overnighted and installed together.

Fast forward 5 months- I now have the CarBahn stage 1 controller kit, in addition to my super satisfaction of the balljoints on my car.

Appreciate 0