BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts (External and Internal) & Lighting

06-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #221
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post
Hey Chris,

As of this moment, I'm not including double sided tape. Double sided tape has "cushion" that pushes the diffuser away from the bumper, creating a rather large gap that exposes the tape. I'm strongly urging all of my customers to have a professional body shop install the diffuser with an epoxy or polyurethane. It makes the diffuser look a million times better without any unsightly gaps around the edges. If you'd like me to include double sided tape in your order, I'd be more than happy to do that for you.
I wrote this on the 4th page of this thread, and yet some of you are still choosing to install w/ double sided tape. These same people are complaining of poor fitment after I've warned that tape will produce massive gaps. From this point forward, I WILL NOT BE GIVING REFUNDS TO THOSE WHO INSTALL W/ DOUBLE SIDED TAPE. I have also repeatedly said that installing w/ polyurethane is your only way to get 100% perfect fitment. Do not waste yours and my time by ordering a product and ignoring the only warning associated w/ the product.

Last edited by eclipsisNA; 06-13-2009 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2009, 11:22 PM   #222
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

Hey fellas, quick verbal DIY so you dont even need a bodyshop guy. I amn tired and need to get somewhere so I scratched it out quick, I will edit it at a later time:

Materials:
1) Polyurethane or similar filler/adhesive
2) Masking Tape
3) Phillips Head
4) "Grout" edge thing (like the one you see in the informercials)
5) Included Double Sided Tape

Procedure:
1. Use the included doublesided tape on the top side that has the "sanded" down looking edge to it. Use multiple "layers" (not as far as thinckness of the tape goes, that would just push the thing away from your car, duh!) by lining up the strips of tape next to one another.

2. After the tape is on screw in the bottom part to the body but do not secure the tape part - you want to adjust it first before you really get the tape sticking to the body.

3. After it is centered push it down as hard as you can. sing masking tape, tape it to the body using long strips that will not get in the way of the diffusers edge where it meets the car.

4. Tape up the area around the gap like you would if painting it (tape both the diffuser and car)

5. Purcahse some urethane and squeeze it into the opening. Try to do one, long, steady line for the top and each of the sides. You will not need much for this install. Do one section at a time, and after each section use some kind of grouter edger thing to force the urethane into the gap while removing the majority of the rest.

6. Let it dry a few hours (do not let it dry totally!) and then remove the tape. If its to dry you risk ripping the urethane out of the hole, or ripping the tape and leaving a layer of poly-tape that you jsut can't get off. If it is too wet it will smear.

- I know this might be confusing, and sadly I do not have pics, but it is very simple and straighforward, and looks outstanding - seemlessly blending the diffuser into the rear fascia.
      06-13-2009, 11:26 PM   #223
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

Quote:
I wrote this on the 4th page of this thread, and yet some of you are still choosing to install w/ double sided tape. These same people are complaining of poor fitment after I've warned that tape will produce massive gaps. From this point forward, I WILL NOT BE GIVING REFUNDS TO THOSE WHO INSTALL W/ DOUBLE SIDED TAPE. I have also repeatedly said that installing w/ polyurethane is your only way to get 100% perfect fitment. Do not waste yours and my time by ordering a product and ignoring the only warning associated w/ the product.

Great fit and quality by the way. Don;t forget to let me know personally when you are making those splitters, I'd really like something for the front of the car, its so plainish! Thanks!
      06-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #224
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Quote:
You never stated that you wouldn't be giving refunds if it were our intention on installing with double-sided tape. If that were the case, I would have never spent almost $500 with you. Now, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and ship back my horribly fitting diffuser to give you a chance to remedy the situation. However, if you are confident that the replacement STILL won't fit, I will demand a refund.

Please let me know as soon as possible what you suggest happen. Polyurethane is not an option as I want to be able to remove the diffuser rather than be forced to sell the car with it. I will be reasonable, but don't pull this "I told you I wouldn't do refunds if you didn't install it this way" bullshit.

Patrick

PS - Even when forcing the diffuser in place, the fitment is still crap in a few places.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #225
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

thx for the DIY. can you recommend a brand of polyurethane adhesive so i know i'm getting the right one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFDoms2k1 View Post
Hey fellas, quick verbal DIY so you dont even need a bodyshop guy. I amn tired and need to get somewhere so I scratched it out quick, I will edit it at a later time:

Materials:
1) Polyurethane or similar filler/adhesive
2) Masking Tape
3) Phillips Head
4) "Grout" edge thing (like the one you see in the informercials)
5) Included Double Sided Tape

Procedure:
1. Use the included doublesided tape on the top side that has the "sanded" down looking edge to it. Use multiple "layers" (not as far as thinckness of the tape goes, that would just push the thing away from your car, duh!) by lining up the strips of tape next to one another.

2. After the tape is on screw in the bottom part to the body but do not secure the tape part - you want to adjust it first before you really get the tape sticking to the body.

3. After it is centered push it down as hard as you can. sing masking tape, tape it to the body using long strips that will not get in the way of the diffusers edge where it meets the car.

4. Tape up the area around the gap like you would if painting it (tape both the diffuser and car)

5. Purcahse some urethane and squeeze it into the opening. Try to do one, long, steady line for the top and each of the sides. You will not need much for this install. Do one section at a time, and after each section use some kind of grouter edger thing to force the urethane into the gap while removing the majority of the rest.

6. Let it dry a few hours (do not let it dry totally!) and then remove the tape. If its to dry you risk ripping the urethane out of the hole, or ripping the tape and leaving a layer of poly-tape that you jsut can't get off. If it is too wet it will smear.

- I know this might be confusing, and sadly I do not have pics, but it is very simple and straighforward, and looks outstanding - seemlessly blending the diffuser into the rear fascia.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #226
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
I'll clarify: for you and two other clients, you will be receiving refunds being I only instituted the no refunds policy several weeks ago and you ordered a while back. I'm not trying to cheat you out of your money, so don't worry about that. But for everyone's future reference, I clearly mentioned in post #78 of this thread that double sided tape will offer terrible fitment, so no one should be surprised when fitment is horrible w/ double sided tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
You never stated that you wouldn't be giving refunds if it were our intention on installing with double-sided tape. If that were the case, I would have never spent almost $500 with you. Now, I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and ship back my horribly fitting diffuser to give you a chance to remedy the situation. However, if you are confident that the replacement STILL won't fit, I will demand a refund.

Please let me know as soon as possible what you suggest happen. Polyurethane is not an option as I want to be able to remove the diffuser rather than be forced to sell the car with it. I will be reasonable, but don't pull this "I told you I wouldn't do refunds if you didn't install it this way" bullshit.

Patrick

PS - Even when forcing the diffuser in place, the fitment is still crap in a few places.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #227
Patricius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe

Quote:
I'll clarify: for you and two other clients, you will be receiving refunds being I only instituted the no refunds policy several weeks ago and you ordered a while back. I'm not trying to cheat you out of your money, so don't worry about that. But for everyone's future reference, I clearly mentioned in post #78 of this thread that double sided tape will offer terrible fitment, so no one should be surprised when fitment is horrible w/ double sided tape.
I'd be willing to poly the diffuser on if the fitment was slightly better and the weave wasn't quite as blurry. Even when forcing both sides to line up, they didn't - which is why I won't poly this one on. I will send you back the diffuser on my dime in hopes I get a better quality 2nd. Unfortunately my work schedule will prevent me from sending it out until later this week at best...

Thanks for your responsiveness on this..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #228
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
why arent there any E90 diffusers?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 08:45 AM   #229
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Where's my refund then?
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 04:36 PM   #230
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post

Where's my refund then?
Until you send back the 2nd diffuser in good condition, you will not be receiving your 50% refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius View Post
I'd be willing to poly the diffuser on if the fitment was slightly better and the weave wasn't quite as blurry. Even when forcing both sides to line up, they didn't - which is why I won't poly this one on. I will send you back the diffuser on my dime in hopes I get a better quality 2nd. Unfortunately my work schedule will prevent me from sending it out until later this week at best...

Thanks for your responsiveness on this..
My pleasure, I'll keep an eye out for the package.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #231
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Until you send back the 2nd diffuser in good condition, you will not be receiving your 50% refund.
Haha, that's very funny. Unfortunately your humor is on par with your customer service. They both SUCK!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #232
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Haha, that's very funny. Unfortunately your humor is on par with your customer service. They both SUCK!
Thank you for the kind words.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #233
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the kind words.
Not nearly as kind as the words you left for me on my voice mail (which I kept of course) and when we spoke.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #234
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Not nearly as kind as the words you left for me on my voice mail (which I kept of course) and when we spoke.
Glad to hear that you have my voice to keep you company!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #235
chris s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear that you have my voice to keep you company!
There ya go! Keep showing your true colors Eric... Perhaps you'd like me to start posting all your hostile PMs as well? I'm sure both will go a long way towards earning more business on the forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #236
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
There ya go! Keep showing your true colors Eric... Perhaps you'd like me to start posting all your hostile PMs as well? I'm sure both will go a long way towards earning more business on the forum.
How about I post all of the PMs myself? I'll save you trouble:

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 07:18 PM   #237
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
how about you stop fighting and make an E90 diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2009, 08:05 PM   #238
chris s
Major General
Rep

Thanks....i appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #239
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
We're in the middle of reworking the mold to make it so the back of the diffuser has flaps that you can attach to the bumper via polyurethane. Should make the install a bit easier.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 08:24 PM   #240
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Soooooo E90 fitment yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #241
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Guys, I have no idea what is going on in this thread, but I have recieved complaints about offensive PMs. Please do not use offensive language toward each other in PMs. If you have an issue with a forum sponsor, please bring it up with one of the admins, Jason or Mark. Thanks.
      07-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #242
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
I have one diffuser in stock at the moment, PM me to order. We're moving to another manufacturer yet again and should have an update within 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0