BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-10-2007, 12:38 PM   #23
BeeminM3
hooligan
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drillslinger View Post
Well, there's a manifold for each turbo, from there, there are 2 downpipes which run to two separate cats. The exhaust pipe then runs into a "Y" pipe which merges the two into one which continues to the muffler which has a dual exit.

Awesome thank you:thumbup: That makes sense now. putting a Y right at the end seems pointless.. I mean you've gone that far go all the way!

Thanks for the great description:drinking:

1995 BMW M3 - H&R Race springs,Bilisten Sport shocks an struts, Zimmerman Crossdrilled rotors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1990 VW Corrado G60- New fully built motor 16v port & polished, 2.0 bored and stroked. Project not complete. Many pic's at http://www.myspace.com/BeeminM3

http://www.nemotorsport.com/
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #24
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeminM3 View Post
Hey (GARRETT) mister I only have balls to call someone a retard because your behind your computer. Your that same Ricer that drives buy and yells shit out your window and keeps driving.

"What retard would think the M3 or any M didn't have a performance exhaust..? '
What the hell are you talking about??? This is MY thread!! I'm the one looking for information.

So as far as I'm concerned you opinion on this thread is not needed!!! I will no longer be responding to your idiotic remarks. Go ruin someone else's thread.

LOL...

If you bother to read the thread, then you would not have to take a quote out of context.

Quote:
BMW traditionally had the left side dual exhaust. Since the 135 is getting back to a more traditional and retro look. It was only proper.

Secondly, the e90 335 was the first car to buck this tradition and go with seperate dual tips.
It quite obvious the M-cars are not part of this tradition...no?

The rest is already explained as to why the 135 has dual exhaust tips on the driver's side.

I hope those pictures helped illustrate that even though the 135's exhaust design is not as robust as the 335i... it every bit as good as the older e46's exhaust if not better.

If not, I had already said the aftermarket would certainly take care of any issues!

Why your so overtly irate is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 09:38 PM   #25
tack
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: yugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
It's more than obvious and the "understood you" of the BMW community that when you mentuion "cars" you don't mean the M-Division... because they are of a different breed and it's assumed that those cars would have the highest engineering standard and application. What retard would think the M3 or any M didn't have a performance exhaust..?
:bs:

DUDE you sure are a johnny piss-off!!!!!!!!!! just answer guys question; if you know the answer. no one here is impressed with your implied knowledge of exhaust engineering. the highest engineering standard and application would be 6 pipes coming out the rear of the car. 1 for each cylinder. so blow that out your catalytic converter.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #26
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

the number of exhaust pipes at the end has nothing to do with the performance. The only thing that affects the flow of the spent gas is the length of the exhaust, the diameter, and the bents (crush bent or mandrel bents). Next time garrett please try being less critical and just answer the question.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:39 AM   #27
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tac View Post
:bs:

DUDE you sure are a johnny piss-off!!!!!!!!!! just answer guys question; if you know the answer. no one here is impressed with your implied knowledge of exhaust engineering. the highest engineering standard and application would be 6 pipes coming out the rear of the car. 1 for each cylinder. so blow that out your catalytic converter.

What question?

Exhaust and engineering are old news. Nothing new and fandangled has come up in that area or in physics to suggest that adding things to an exhaust aids it's efficiency!

Thus, less is more. Since the 135i has MORE.. at what point will it suffer over the 335...?

The arguement your implying is old hat... been hashed out and proven.. why hold me to the fence on knowledge you have not read nor gained? Google it and take up small study on it. Fluid dynamics don't lie..!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #28
S62PWR
BMW CCA# 90345
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Cpe 6 speed

Pics for thought: Doppelten Auspuff

Above, Viola, a 2002 Tii w/Right side Exit, single exhaust

Below an E21 based 323i 6 cylinder (this one moded/manufactured by Alpina, but the 323i had dual exhausts just like this) BMW is an old company, probably other duals out there. A friend of mine had one of these in Switzerland, I miss the mechanical noise these cars made...awesome :headbang:

Appreciate 0