E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Window won't go up after new regulator install

05-01-2024, 09:29 PM   #1
Peter_Griffin_Gaming
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i ZSP 6MT

Window won't go up after new regulator install

I recently replaced my rear passenger window regulator on my e90 sedan with an aftermarket part from Aisin. Since they are a subsidiary of Toyota, I was really hopeful that the quality would exceed, or at least meet, that of the known-to-be-flawed OEM regulators.
Jump to today, I was driving with my windows down, and when it came time to park the car, the window would only move up about an inch or so before returning back to a full open position. De-initializing the auto-up down system in INPA allows me to move the window fully up/down (albeit very slowly), but once *re*-initialized, it will only go down before giving me the same troubles getting it back up. I've also tried doing reset procedures with the switches rather than INPA, still no luck. I also cleared a code in the information memory of the JBE from before I replaced the regulator, so about the only thing left to do is disconnect the battery and let it sit for a while (which I can't do at the moment).

There didn't seem to be anything in the path of the window that would cause the anti-trap function to interfere, and *if* I don't let the window go *all* the way down, the express-up function actually works fine. I'm really at a loss for what the culprit of my problem is -- could it be an issue with the new window regulator itself? I haven't seen much about these Aisin-brand window regulators online, except for somebody complaining about the ones they build for the Honda Fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-write-up.html). I also wonder if I could have screwed up the install somehow, but I've done this before with the rear driver's window (using the URO premuim regulator) without any issue.

Any insight is appreciated, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 12:06 AM   #2
zerowaves
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

I've been having a similar issue, except the issue goes away when I take the door panel off. You might try that and see if the issue repeats. If so, there might be an obstruction you're not seeing.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 04:39 AM   #3
VehementCrom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

I read once that there is a way to reset the pinch point pressure of the window. My driver rear sticks if you roll it all the way down. Might be worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 08:43 AM   #4
Peter_Griffin_Gaming
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i ZSP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowaves View Post
I've been having a similar issue, except the issue goes away when I take the door panel off. You might try that and see if the issue repeats. If so, there might be an obstruction you're not seeing.
I guess that's possible -- though I'd have suspected an issue with the seals moreso than the door panel. I recall having trouble getting the one-touch feature initialized when I first installed the regulator (with the door panel off of course), though I just went with it and figured that it was just being finicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VehementCrom View Post
I read once that there is a way to reset the pinch point pressure of the window. My driver rear sticks if you roll it all the way down. Might be worth a shot.
I think I've tried every reset procedure in the book at this point, aside from removing the battery.
Appreciate 0