BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Small Delivery issue

05-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #1
CGM
Private
Rep
Drives: tbd

Small Delivery issue

Picked up my F90 late this afternoon. A few issues at delivery. I had ordered black grills and vents to go on my Sapphire Black car. It came with the standard chrome. I had also ordered the M Sport carbon fiber spoiler and the Port installed what looks to be the standard size spoiler although it was carbon fiber. The side skirts that the Port installed were correct. The dealer has already ordered all parts and should be fixed very soon. I double checked all paperwork so not sure how much more diligent I could have been but I guess stuff happens.

This car is fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 09:11 PM   #2
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Sorry to hear that...first I've heard of someone on here reporting that the port missed the installed parts order. The front and side grill install is pretty easy and could be a DIY if you're concerned at all with the dealer's capabilities.
      05-02-2019, 06:45 AM   #3
Gassy
Soporificist
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5- Rhodonite/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
Sorry to hear that...first I've heard of someone on here reporting that the port missed the installed parts order. The front and side grill install is pretty easy and could be a DIY if you're concerned at all with the dealer's capabilities.
I'm hoping that replacing the spoiler is a DIY as well. I'll let you know Saturday afternoon- my M Comp CF Spoiler is on a UPS truck as I write this!
      05-02-2019, 07:35 AM   #4
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gassy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dardeca View Post
I'm hoping that replacing the spoiler is a DIY as well. I'll let you know Saturday afternoon- my M Comp CF Spoiler is on a UPS truck as I write this!
Depends on the current spoiler you have. Thanks to some other members on this forum, they were able to give me some input on dealing with my original spoiler.
I had the port installed carbon spoiler (looks like the regular one but just CF). Mine was attached with Betalink which aside from being painful (literal and figurative) to remove, etched the paint underneath. I've had my car for a year so newer cars may not have the same issue. It's not a deal breaker but it is noticeable in certain lights or if you know where it is.
The grill and side fender piece was very easy and took only about 10-15 min all in. I also did the tailpipes which also was very easy and took another 10 minutes or so.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:34 AM   #5
windtendo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM View Post
Picked up my F90 late this afternoon. A few issues at delivery. I had ordered black grills and vents to go on my Sapphire Black car. It came with the standard chrome. I had also ordered the M Sport carbon fiber spoiler and the Port installed what looks to be the standard size spoiler although it was carbon fiber. The side skirts that the Port installed were correct. The dealer has already ordered all parts and should be fixed very soon. I double checked all paperwork so not sure how much more diligent I could have been but I guess stuff happens.

This car is fantastic!
If you ordered the M performance carbon fiber spoiler, it sounds like that's what they installed...

It sounds like you wanted the M performance PRO carbon fiber spoiler.
BwoodBMW1861.00
      05-02-2019, 02:21 PM   #6
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I mean... in the meantime lets see some pics! I've been wanting to see a BSM with the side skirts.
Appreciate 1
bubbaboy107.50
      05-02-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
CGM
Private
Rep
Drives: tbd

It has been raining for almost a week. As soon as I get the tint on this weekend and some nice weather I will post some pics.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #8
Gassy
Soporificist
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5- Rhodonite/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
Depends on the current spoiler you have. Thanks to some other members on this forum, they were able to give me some input on dealing with my original spoiler.
I had the port installed carbon spoiler (looks like the regular one but just CF). Mine was attached with Betalink which aside from being painful (literal and figurative) to remove, etched the paint underneath. I've had my car for a year so newer cars may not have the same issue. It's not a deal breaker but it is noticeable in certain lights or if you know where it is.
The grill and side fender piece was very easy and took only about 10-15 min all in. I also did the tailpipes which also was very easy and took another 10 minutes or so.
Got the OEM spoiler off with fishing line, lots of finger rolling of the residual tape and 3M adhesive remover. Looks pristine- no paint marring or distortion. The original spoiler was held on by what looks to be an even strip of double sided black tape that took 30 minutes to remove. Is this Betalink? Now for the new spoiler tomorrow. Planning to use 3M urethane window adhesive. Fingers crossed!
      05-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #9
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gassy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswiff View Post
Got the OEM spoiler off with fishing line, lots of finger rolling of the residual tape and 3M adhesive remover. Looks pristine- no paint marring or distortion. The original spoiler was held on by what looks to be an even strip of double sided black tape that took 30 minutes to remove. Is this Betalink? Now for the new spoiler tomorrow. Planning to use 3M urethane window adhesive. Fingers crossed!
If it only took you 30 min, probably not. It took me 3+ hours with rubbing alcohol, heat gun, goo gone, etc.
Betalink looks basically like black tar and it's hard when dry.
My guess is yours was just tape, which is awesome for you.
Appreciate 0