E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Split Screen Content

12-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
shabakand
Rep
Drives: 09 335i coupe

Split Screen Content

I finally picked up my 2009 335i coupe last Friday. I am slowing try to get familiar with the many many features. I have one particular question about the i-Drive "Split Screen" feature. Right now, when the Split Screen option is used, the navigation map is on the right side, and all other screens end up showing on the left side. Is there any way to get the "Navigation" to be displayed on the left side while the other options are displayed on the right side. I looked in the manual, but no info. I have been trying to figure it out on my own, but no luck either. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabakand View Post
I finally picked up my 2009 335i coupe last Friday. I am slowing try to get familiar with the many many features. I have one particular question about the i-Drive "Split Screen" feature. Right now, when the Split Screen option is used, the navigation map is on the right side, and all other screens end up showing on the left side. Is there any way to get the "Navigation" to be displayed on the left side while the other options are displayed on the right side. I looked in the manual, but no info. I have been trying to figure it out on my own, but no luck either. Any help would be greatly appreciated
was not possible with '06-'08 E9x.
      12-14-2008, 11:14 PM   #3
jun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335

do you mean have the right side of the screen be the 'default' screen?

or do you just mean be able to change the options on the right side of the split screen?

If I understand correctly, if you press CD for instance, you want this to open up a screen on the right side of the screen.

I wonder if it's any diff. for RHD cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabakand View Post
The left screen (the larger of the two) can be anything, as you know. The right can be a more limited selection: entertainment details, various map views, turn arrow, and current location.

To change the left box, move the cursor to the right box, and click on the botton where it tells you about the split screen details (I forget the exact language that Idrive uses).

I wound up programing several of the preset keys to control the split screen. For example, I tend to like to drive to work in the morning with the nav in the larger window, and the radio station details in the smaller window.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
KevinO
Warrior-Poet
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
The left screen (the larger of the two) can be anything, as you know. The right can be a more limited selection: entertainment details, various map views, turn arrow, and current location.

To change the left box, move the cursor to the right box, and click on the botton where it tells you about the split screen details (I forget the exact language that Idrive uses).

I wound up programing several of the preset keys to control the split screen. For example, I tend to like to drive to work in the morning with the nav in the larger window, and the radio station details in the smaller window.
I think he wants the turn arrows on the left, which actually can't be done as far as I know.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
Kilgore Trout
Chicks dig wagons!
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91
Location: Where you can see through the people, but not the air (i.e., Los Angeles!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO View Post
I think he wants the turn arrows on the left, which actually can't be done as far as I know.
That can be done too.

If you have NAV running in the primary window (the window on the left) you have options to select several different views: Arrow, map facing north, map facing direction of driving, perspective. You can pick Arrow in the main window, and then go to the splitscreen window and pick any nav screen or entertainment details.

Why you'd want to do that is not clear, but you can do it.

Basically, the main window can do anything the split screen window can do.
The splitscreen window, in turn, can do any of the NAV screens that the main window does OR entertainment details.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
shabakand
Rep
Drives: 09 335i coupe

Actually, I was wanting the radio station display screen on the right (i.e. station presets or virtual radio knob), while the Navigation was on the left. I was able to get the other menus to show up on the right, but not the actual radio screen which displays the various stations.
Appreciate 0