E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Door/Trunk Open Warning

05-13-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
PodBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sport

Door/Trunk Open Warning

I noticed this morning that when I open either a door or the trunk while my car is started or even with the key in the slot but not started none of the warning lights come on to indicate this. I looked in the manual (pg. 125) and there are specific warning lights that are supposed to illuminate when this happens. Anyone else notice this or test this? Is it just my car?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
flyboy-sa
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330 ... almost

Hi,

Mine is the same. What I think I noticed once is if you drive off and a door is not properly closed you get an audible tone and a picture displays. Ill try it just jow or you can and then we can post for definate that it is so.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #3
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy-sa
Hi,

Mine is the same. What I think I noticed once is if you drive off and a door is not properly closed you get an audible tone and a picture displays. Ill try it just jow or you can and then we can post for definate that it is so.
I remember during my test drive. The damn thing wouldn't stop after I drove off, on the test car they had the cardboard protecting the sidepanel, it was blocking the sensor or keeping the door closed completely.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2005, 11:14 AM   #4
Llamaslayer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e60 530i

hehe so the salesperson didnt do anything to make your testdrive more enjoyable? this may be off topic but do you find the 5 series trunk quite dangerous? mine seems to fly open and i think one day someone might get an "uppercut" to the jaw :P. is it the same on the e90s?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
PodBimmer
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sport

I did some more testing and it seems like you have to be moving at least 5 mph or so for the warning lights to activate. I assume this is by design although I don't think my last BMW behaved this way.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #6
evoq
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: beautiful

Do you think that this problem about the warning light of doors/trunk is because the car needs to be updated with new software, I have found that you can choose this options, but I don't see the option of door/trunk open

-Do you want daytime running lights?
-Do you want pathway lights (lights stay on after car is off for approx. 30 Secs.)?
-Do you want all doors to lock after vehicle reaches 5 m.p.h.?
-Do you want the remote setup to open the driver's door with one button press, and all other doors with two button presses?

I found here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ight=door+open
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #7
Armen52
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I am fairly certain that this feature is by design.

Haven't you ever been stopped somewhere and opened the doors with the key in and the annoying reminder chime won't stop? I have.

Personally, the ideal system would only remind you once the car was in gear to move. Maybe that's a bit difficult to wire on a manual so this is probably the next closest thing BMW came up with. I like it much better.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2005, 12:46 AM   #8
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamaslayer
hehe so the salesperson didnt do anything to make your testdrive more enjoyable? this may be off topic but do you find the 5 series trunk quite dangerous? mine seems to fly open and i think one day someone might get an "uppercut" to the jaw :P. is it the same on the e90s?
That day had a lot of test drives on that car. It looks like the previous person was not too neat. He somehow ripped the carboard protecting the panel and maybe got foot prints on it. The plastic sheet seat covers were all like ripped and wrinkled. The person that went before me was sloppy.
Appreciate 0