E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Breaking in the speakers

05-12-2005, 03:10 PM   #1
ryce2go
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe

Breaking in the speakers

I finally get my car~! on Sunday....

So, i have bought subs for it already, but how long do you guys think i should wait until i install them? I've heard I should wait around 6 months...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
RedStripe
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
ryce2go, thanks for the post. What kind of subs did you get? I was planning on upgrading the 2 "under the front seat" subwoofers myself. Please share with us details on the installation process (if you are doing it yourself). Are you planning on adding any other audio parts or swapping out any other speakers?

Also, does anyone know what guage/type of wiring is used on the e90(please also post if there is a difference in quality of wiring between Logic 7 and non-Logic 7 systems)? Are you planning on upgrading the wiring, too? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #3
BimmerJon
Private
Rep
Drives: 328ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryce2go

So, i have bought subs for it already, but how long do you guys think i should wait until i install them? I've heard I should wait around 6 months...
I'm confused, why do you have to wait 6 months??
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #4
tim916
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

Nonsense. Go ahead and install them right away if you like, it won't make any difference.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
ryce2go
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe
ryce2go, thanks for the post. What kind of subs did you get? I was planning on upgrading the 2 "under the front seat" subwoofers myself. Please share with us details on the installation process (if you are doing it yourself). Are you planning on adding any other audio parts or swapping out any other speakers?

Also, does anyone know what guage/type of wiring is used on the e90(please also post if there is a difference in quality of wiring between Logic 7 and non-Logic 7 systems)? Are you planning on upgrading the wiring, too? Thanks.

Yea, maybe someone on the forum will be nice and post a DIY for taking apart the car

I just bought two 10w7s and either getting the JL 1000/1 or the Directed D1200. Haven't decided. The 1000/1 is much almost 3 times the price of the D1200!!
But as for the wiring, I have not decided yet, I want to research more about the car before doing anything.

So no need for the 6months wait! whoo hoooh

Thanks for the replies
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #6
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

Quote:
I am confused... There is a break in for speakers and its several hours of normal use, you can upgrading immediately, there is no damage that can be done... normally when a speaker is broken is it sound a bit warmer but there is not a huge difference at all, it very minor... To wait 6 months is silly and serves no purpose at all.

The quality of wire... now this is snake oil... speaker wire is the biggest con there is,... there is nearly no audible difference between brands even if you spend $100 or more per foot some don't hear a difference... the main thing is the gauge of the wire and in a car with such small lengths of wire that’s not an issue either... The only thing I would look for in car speaker wire would be insulation to stop some of the electrical interference... please don't waste your money on expensive wire, its a rip off. Many audiophiles say lamp wire from Home Depot is just as good as any speaker wire.

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0