BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Eventuri- meh

03-13-2022, 07:26 AM   #23
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

I have never seen anyone swapping eventuri because of no sound. I got it on my car and couldn't be more happy from how it sound.

Performance wise I'm not sure - I didn't log any IAT's before and after. But due to design it's being hurt by temperature under the hood ( that's why they added the shrouds in V2 and a small anti thermal piece.

If you would ask me if I would buy them again - I'm happy from this intakes but probably wouldn't buy it again as for this money you can get even more sick looking intake from gruppeM that is closed box construction or for much less the MSR intakes that will only take cold air in ( as they take it from outside without mixing air under the hood )
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 08:46 AM   #24
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Honestly? Just give it to me and write off the donation on your taxes. Definitely the best route to take
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 1
SGMM5115.50
      03-20-2022, 08:44 PM   #25
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

So there's a reason eventuri went from V1 to V1.5 by adding that "shroud" piece. Way back when someone far more knowledgeable than any of us figured out our engines do not do well with open air, which V 1.0 was. I had it and my car ran like shit 30% of the time. Best way I could describe it was - just like an AMG GT, when I stepped on the gas, it SOUNDED like all sorts of angry shit was going in but there was either a lag with boost or I didn't seem to get full WOT. We switched back to stock and the problem went away. So I tried GruppeM - nowhere near as loud as Eventuri V1 but I got what I wanted 100% of the time, which was for the car to actually move. (I attached pics so in the first pic, you can see how the cones are exposed on the eventuri V1)

Modern day cars are getting SO efficient and the engineering is getting much more sophisticated. F90 wasn't the first car to suffer from performance loss with the first iteration of intakes - I believe the new Vette suffered the same conflicts at launch.

I went gruppeM because it was the closest to stock. Everything was sealed in the air box. Again, didn't have the sound of an open air system but you didn't have performance loss.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-31-2022, 02:55 AM   #26
jjjjjjjjjjjjj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
So there's a reason eventuri went from V1 to V1.5 by adding that "shroud" piece. Way back when someone far more knowledgeable than any of us figured out our engines do not do well with open air, which V 1.0 was. I had it and my car ran like shit 30% of the time. Best way I could describe it was - just like an AMG GT, when I stepped on the gas, it SOUNDED like all sorts of angry shit was going in but there was either a lag with boost or I didn't seem to get full WOT. We switched back to stock and the problem went away. So I tried GruppeM - nowhere near as loud as Eventuri V1 but I got what I wanted 100% of the time, which was for the car to actually move. (I attached pics so in the first pic, you can see how the cones are exposed on the eventuri V1)

Modern day cars are getting SO efficient and the engineering is getting much more sophisticated. F90 wasn't the first car to suffer from performance loss with the first iteration of intakes - I believe the new Vette suffered the same conflicts at launch.

I went gruppeM because it was the closest to stock. Everything was sealed in the air box. Again, didn't have the sound of an open air system but you didn't have performance loss.
Also it just looks sick lol
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      04-06-2022, 10:52 PM   #27
AuZZZie
Rep
Drives: '19 F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post

And yet there are numerous shops/vendors/posts claiming these motors don't suffer heat soak with open air intakes.

I've been out of the car mod game for a bit, forgot just how much bs and conflicting information surrounds it.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 11:07 PM   #28
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Been running eventuri for about 18 months now and am 2 years into ownership. I immediately heard the difference and I hear it to this day when I get on it. You can hear the turbos much better and they spool faster. No intake is going to be much more efficient than oem these days which means no power gains. But sound and "cooler" air sure, to a degree. Personally I don't like the idea or my air filters sitting right in front of the car with the amount of rain and washing. Also if you feel turbo lag then it's either in your head or something is wrong.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 09:40 AM   #29
JoSpazz
Registered
Rep
Drives: F90 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
Been running eventuri for about 18 months now and am 2 years into ownership. I immediately heard the difference and I hear it to this day when I get on it. You can hear the turbos much better and they spool faster. No intake is going to be much more efficient than oem these days which means no power gains. But sound and "cooler" air sure, to a degree. Personally I don't like the idea or my air filters sitting right in front of the car with the amount of rain and washing. Also if you feel turbo lag then it's either in your head or something is wrong.
Hey boss I’m planning on buying Eventuri Intakes, just making sure these are the way to go I’ve been going through forums and found someone had a problem with dirt getting into the filter and eventually the filter basically breaking.
Appreciate 0