Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
First wash today. Always ask dealers to do minimum PDI (ie no wash and leave all wrappers on). I have a defective right hood vent. Looks like they put the protective white plastic on when paint was still wet. Stripped when taking sticker off the gloss black.

No shrink wrap comes on matte cars. My grey one was covered in white protective film. Not so easy coming off. This one was easy. Car was filthy though.

This is my first car with matte paint. Quality is super impressive. Big leap for me as I usually hate matte paints. Also, usually stick to black or gray or silver paints. This green is magnificent. Was worried I'd hate it in the sun but this is not the case. While I loved the Brands Hatch, so happy I took the chance on green.

Rinsed. Foamed. Rinsed. Foamed. Rinsed. Blow dried. Applied some matte detailer/sealant to all paint. Applied BeadMaker to all trim and carbon fiber and glass. Ran out of daylight. This weekend wheels are coming off and will apply BeadMaker. Matte paint was a joy. Not a single imperfection, which I can't get over.
Very nice! It's such a pleasure to wash your own car. Funnily enough one of the trim pieces on my hood is damaged a little. Nothing major and can just swap out for another trim piece, but what's funny is my 2020 M5C had another trim piece on the hood damaged as well. (See photo attached)

My car was also dusty but there's def the new car smell in it. I always have the dealership do nothing to the car so that I can inspect it and clean it myself. At the dealerships they throw these cars in the auto wash that can cause scratches and possibly damage. My CA doesn't even have the runners fill it up with gas so no one can go joy riding or play around touching everything possibly causing scratches or damage.
Attached Images

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 01:43 AM   #134
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
To Ex -Stig and other M5 CS owners who daily drive their cars, does that plastic piece in the crotch area bother you in day-to-day traffic when you go from gas to brakes? I sat in the M5 CS at my local dealer and it seems this would be an issue.
Guess it depends on how long your thighs are/where you place your ass on the seat
      12-20-2021, 04:32 AM   #135
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Phoenix, this is exactly the same rubber gasket and same location damaged on mine. Looks like it wasn't installed properly and the hood sat on it so long that it's never going back into place. Needs to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:47 AM   #136
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
Phoenix, this is exactly the same rubber gasket and same location damaged on mine. Looks like it wasn't installed properly and the hood sat on it so long that it's never going back into place. Needs to be replaced.
Hmmm…Doesn't surprise me. When I go for my 1200 service I'm going to have them replace mine.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:49 AM   #137
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

so hypothetical question.. suppose you request to have your car shipped directly to you w/o the dealer touching it (removing wrapper, washing etc) you get the car and you find damage somewhere..

i highly doubt you would be able to blame the dealer. Or get re-imbursed for damages. I'd love to do it, but it doesnt sound like a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 07:57 AM   #138
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
so hypothetical question.. suppose you request to have your car shipped directly to you w/o the dealer touching it (removing wrapper, washing etc) you get the car and you find damage somewhere..

i highly doubt you would be able to blame the dealer. Or get re-imbursed for damages. I'd love to do it, but it doesnt sound like a good idea.
The reason cars are being delivered to dealership is to have it programmed. Cars delivered from factory will have few working options, such as start/stop engine and manual seat adjustment. Maybe few more.

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 08:24 AM   #139
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Trevor, this is one downside to not having dealer do anything cosmetic to the car upon PDI. I've been doing it this way for years, dozen cars or so. Never had an issue. You just need to inspect it right away and report any damage. In fact, a few months ago I took delivery of a BHG M5 CS. Well, as I was washing the car for the first time noticed that the front right wheel was damaged in a place it could only have happened from the factory. Dealer had BMW send me a new wheel.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 08:26 AM   #140
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Depends on your relationship with your dealer and how much you trust your CA. But I used to work at a dealership some years back, and I saw some things that make me not trust it.

At least make sure they don't machine wash your car.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 1
      12-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #141
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
I’m 6’4”, it doesn’t even touch me when I’m seated.
Same, I am 6'3..
      12-20-2021, 05:54 PM   #142
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedBMW View Post
I love how people are trying to convince other folks how either seats are great or shite. Share your opinion and that's that. Let people make their own decision.

Personally, I like the design of these seats, but In my opinion they are PITA to get in/get out. I know some people will tell me there's is way to get inside of them. Well, not everyone is flexible, or young to get inside of them.
I agree with everything you just said. Everyone has their own opinions and it's not our job to try to convince others to have a different one. Not when it comes to things like this. I absolutely love these seats. They are the most comfortable and supportive of any seat in a car I have owned. And yes they are a huge pain to get in and out.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 2
Doctor_X1158.00
Chicane_1050.00
      12-20-2021, 05:58 PM   #143
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
For what it's worth, after 1 week of ownership the only thing I would knock are three (first world problem) things:

1. I wish the exhaust was as loud as my 2020 M5C
2. I miss soft close doors. I have to retrain myself to close doors. I keep having to go back to push the door in properly.
3. I really wish BMW offered more exterior color choices.

Apart from that OMG this car is such an improvement from the M5 Competition and I haven't even pushed the car hard as yet. Can't wait for post break-in.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 3
Doctor_X1158.00
Chicane_1050.00
CFoote179.50
      12-20-2021, 06:02 PM   #144
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
I agree with everything you just said. Everyone has their own opinions and it's not our job to try to convince others to have a different one. Not when it comes to things like this. I absolutely love these seats. They are the most comfortable and supportive of any seat in a car I have owned. And yes they are a huge pain to get in and out.
I think, I stated something along your lines on a different thread that seats are comfortable once you are in it. I failed to mentioned that fact here. Yes, they are comfortable once you are in them.

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2021, 06:17 PM   #145
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep

I see a lot of CS owners stating that they either have modified their cars, or going to modify them. I personally going to keep it stock, simply because of trade values. Here's what I learned throughout the years of buying and selling. About 11 years ago, I owned a tastefully modified PC4S with fabspeed exhaust, and upon a trade in at a Porsche dealership; car was heavily dev-valued. At other dealership, I was told those mods worth nothing to them. Same thing happened with an M5 few years later.

So, I wonder who else is going to keep it stock? Maybe, I should turn this into a survey.

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 2
CFoote179.50
thereef5101164.00
      12-20-2021, 06:24 PM   #146
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I see a lot of CS owners stating that they either have modified their cars, or going to modify them. I personally going to keep it stock, simply because of trade values. Here's what I learned throughout the years of buying and selling. About 11 years ago, I owned a tastefully modified PC4S with fabspeed exhaust, and upon a trade in at a Porsche dealership; car was heavily dev-valued. At other dealership, I was told those mods worth nothing to them. Same thing happened with an M5 few years later.

So, I wonder who else is going to keep it stock? Maybe, I should turn this into a survey.

Everyone knows mods aren't worth anything. Just like options when you option a car. Nobody cares about either of those things in the used market. If they do, it's negligible. So mod as you please, or dont..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #147
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

@phoenixbmwlife what are the improvements over the M5C? Is it performance, fit and finish or technology?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:26 PM   #148
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Everyone knows mods aren't worth anything. Just like options when you option a car. Nobody cares about either of those things in the used market. If they do, it's negligible. So mod as you please, or dont..
So, are you going to?

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:29 PM   #149
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So, are you going to?

Springs, spacers, and delete the resonator.

My dad may put it up for sale, if he does, he wont do any mods.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #150
WickedBMW
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Springs, spacers, and delete the resonator.

My dad may put it up for sale, if he does, he wont do any mods.
Which springs?

Kevin Harvick
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 07:01 PM   #151
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Which springs?

he did h&r 550i on his old F90 and it was perfect. i'm thinking the same should work on CS.

Name:  IMG-20200628-WA0010.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  165.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #152
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
@phoenixbmwlife what are the improvements over the M5C? Is it performance, fit and finish or technology?
Just some things on the top of my head.

Coming from the pre lci M5C the suspension was harder even in comfort mode than in the CS. The CS in terms of ride quality is actually more comfortable with the bumps even in sport + yet taking the corners it is also more stable. The steering feel is also improved. I think the reduction in weight might have something to do with that, but I have also heard the Lci suspension in the F90 handles the bumps much better than the pre Lci.

Besides that the alcantara steering wheel and the carbon bucket seats really give the car a very improved feeling while driving. I know it may sound like such a small simple thing but it surprisingly improves the full experience while driving. I talked earlier about how comfortable these seats are because they really are. Mind you I haven't driven for hours in them but I'm very happy with the support of the seats. Apart from getting in and out but even that I'm getting used to already.

The steering wheel also feels thinner than the leather one on my previous F90 and it feels more premium. I prefer the smaller size but that's subjective. I haven't pushed the car too much to talk about the performance so this is just preliminary how it feels until I pass break-in. The leather quality is also very good. Not much about technology as the CS drops some of the technology options to save weight. But anyway overall it's been a joy.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 3
AHall974.00
Chicane_1050.00
      12-21-2021, 12:02 AM   #153
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Just some things on the top of my head.

Coming from the pre lci M5C the suspension was harder even in comfort mode than in the CS. The CS in terms of ride quality is actually more comfortable with the bumps even in sport + yet taking the corners it is also more stable. The steering feel is also improved. I think the reduction in weight might have something to do with that, but I have also heard the Lci suspension in the F90 handles the bumps much better than the pre Lci.

Besides that the alcantara steering wheel and the carbon bucket seats really give the car a very improved feeling while driving. I know it may sound like such a small simple thing but it surprisingly improves the full experience while driving. I talked earlier about how comfortable these seats are because they really are. Mind you I haven't driven for hours in them but I'm very happy with the support of the seats. Apart from getting in and out but even that I'm getting used to already.

The steering wheel also feels thinner than the leather one on my previous F90 and it feels more premium. I prefer the smaller size but that's subjective. I haven't pushed the car too much to talk about the performance so this is just preliminary how it feels until I pass break-in. The leather quality is also very good. Not much about technology as the CS drops some of the technology options to save weight. But anyway overall it's been a joy.
Thank you for mentioning the steering wheel! When I got the car in August I was certain the wheel was narrower, but I didn't want to ask. Lol

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
      12-23-2021, 06:10 PM   #154
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

About to buy exhaust and torn between Akra and M Performance. Partial to Akra unless someone can tell me why they think M Perf is better.
After doing some research, I've read the valves work with the Akra but not M Perf. If true, then it's a simple decision to go Akra. Now I just need to find an installer in CT/NY area.

Separately, getting a set of FIRs. Can anyone tell me if BBS bronze finish is close to M5 CS bronze? Looks a shade or two darker in pictures.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0