RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicane_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
To each their own. I'm not a fan of any of those wheels. Is it just me or does anyone else find it hard to find wheels that look better than the stock ones?
At this point I feel like it's change for the sake of change and individuality. It's hard to improve on the look of the stock rims.
Isn't that what anyone wants with aftermarket wheels? Also want something lighter than stock.

Additionally with daily driving, don't want to possibly mess up the original wheels, keeping them crispy when it comes time to sell.
      01-11-2022, 07:48 AM   #266
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
^^^Those are a custom application on 21" FIRs painted to match stock wheels. BBS doesn't make this color wheel. I considered FIR but won't do 21" so going a different direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabdog View Post
Check out 21" BBS on the M5CS Supreme Power just installed.
This looks very good. Will save some weight and with color match is even better.
https://ind-distribution.com/product...t-21-f-10-r-11

They come in bronze
      01-11-2022, 07:55 AM   #267
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabdog View Post
Check out 21" BBS on the M5CS Supreme Power just installed.
Posted these before, 21s look too "rubber bandy," 20s would be PERFECT. And speak of the devil, BBS replied to my inquiry….

"Hello,

There are no plane to make a 20" FI-R for M5.
BBS-Japan makes a similar wheel called RI-D; these are offered in 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 for the F90.
Front wheels are 18.9 pounds each. Rears are 19x8 pounds.

I can special order these in Silver, Diamond Black, and Satin Black.
Some photos of these colors are attached.

The set will be about $10,800.

The BBS-Japan inventory portal is currently down... if you're interested I can shoot them an email to see if they have any."

Separate email:

"They do not offer bronze in the RI-D. They are unveiling a new color at Tokyo Auto Salon that they're calling Diamond Gold (ダイヤモンドゴールド); this is supposed to be a darker gold than our current… we'll see if it gets enough interest that the offer it."

Yes. Load rating is fine; these were made specifically for F90.

https://bbs-japan.co.jp/en/products/1108/

On an f90!:

https://wheelfront.com/cars/bmw-m5-f90-black-bbs-ri-d/

Diamond gold color:

https://es4-mag.com/archives/595

Would look great with the red caliper!
      01-11-2022, 08:25 AM   #268
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Or save 5 grand and get a custom set from signature, sacrificing a few lbs.

"Max load is a non issue. Each wheel is engineered specifically to the exceed the vehicle's weight and torque output, we're not an off the shelf fitment company. SV104 is actually the lightest wheel that we make. Roughly 22LB front and 23.5LB rear. Signature Monoblock Series 20" retails for $5,500 + shipping. Wheels takes 4 weeks to build and 3-day arrival."

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1806187
Attached Images

01-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #269
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Rauder, the BBS bronze is super dark from what I recall. Several shades darker than M5 CS bronze.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 08:15 PM   #270
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Can't get enough of the frozen green. I own a frozen white G80, and the green has to be the best frozen ever released by BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 05:34 AM   #271
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

M5 CS is the best sedan I've ever driven. But here are a few ways it could be perfect for me:
1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
3) Option black color option
4) Option manual transmission
5) Usable center console

The buckets are part of M5 CS charm and I adore them. Although the car would feel less special without them, regular seats would make it more usable. A worthy trade off. For me the majority of M5 CS magic is in the tuning of suspension and steering.

Also, I'd love to make this car disappear on the road. Green with gold is by miles the most flashy car I've ever driven. Thought about just going back to Brands Hatch Grey and replacing the handful of bronze trim elements, and getting a set of OEM wheels in black. But the green is special to me. So torn.

Don't need another garage queen. Find myself grabbing AMG wagon keys nearly 100% of the time when shuttling kids around or running errands. And when do I grab M5 CS keys over GT3? I like to use my cars and tend not to keep those I don't drive regularly. IDK I will keep this and see what happens.
Appreciate 2
Egrunt553.00
CFoote179.50
      01-12-2022, 07:39 AM   #272
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
M5 CS is the best sedan I've ever driven. But here are a few ways it could be perfect for me:
1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
5) Usable center console

The buckets are part of M5 CS charm and I adore them. Although the car would feel less special without them, regular seats would make it more usable. A worthy trade off. For me the majority of M5 CS magic is in the tuning of suspension and steering.

Also, I'd love to make this car disappear on the road. Green with gold is by miles the most flashy car I've ever driven. Thought about just going back to Brands Hatch Grey and replacing the handful of bronze trim elements, and getting a set of OEM wheels in black. But the green is special to me. So torn.

Don't need another garage queen. Find myself grabbing AMG wagon keys nearly 100% of the time when shuttling kids around or running errands. And when do I grab M5 CS keys over GT3? I like to use my cars and tend not to keep those I don't drive regularly. IDK I will keep this and see what happens.
I want my soft close doors again. I am still going back to open and close the door on mine almost everyday. Hard habit to shake off.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 07:45 AM   #273
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
5) Usable center console

Sounds like you have too many cars. Why do you pick the AMG wagon over the CS when you take the kids? Do you have more than two kids?
I thought the carbon seats were comfortable. Why do you want the standard M5 seats?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 08:00 AM   #274
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
5) Usable center console

Sounds like you'd be happier in a M5 Comp based on all the things that you want the car to have.

Minus the badge and exclusivity, it provides everything you want the car to have.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 08:41 AM   #275
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
5) Usable center console

Sounds like you have too many cars. Why do you pick the AMG wagon over the CS when you take the kids? Do you have more than two kids?
I thought the carbon seats were comfortable. Why do you want the standard M5 seats?
Prob more comfortable for daily driving.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #276
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Rauder, the BBS bronze is super dark from what I recall. Several shades darker than M5 CS bronze.
Honestly a little contrast wouldn't hurt. Don't think every color on the car needs to be matchy-matchy especially with the red calipers, especially when there's just the one bronze color for the grill/rear decal/side vents.

A different shade of bronze/gold for the wheels would look good, as long as it matches with the green. Plenty of visual goodness comes with that, plus, what fun would it be if all were left stock?
Attached Images

01-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #277
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Ex Stig, place zero value on exclusivity. Really don't think of it as exclusive. I mainly love this car because BMW has tuned some feeling into the steering, and the suspension is just about perfectly dialed-in. Will I lose this going to M5 Comp? If not, then I see almost no reason to own M5 CS.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 09:45 AM   #278
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Ex Stig, place zero value on exclusivity. Really don't think of it as exclusive. I mainly love this car because BMW has tuned some feeling into the steering, and the suspension is just about perfectly dialed-in. Will I lose this going to M5 Comp? If not, then I see almost no reason to own M5 CS.
I've drive both F90 comp and M5CS back to back- night and day difference in terms of steering and suspension feel.

The M5C in corners definitely feels not as connected and you can tell you're fighting the weight; when you compare it to the M5CS

Don't take my word for it- any M5C owner would let your drivers theirs if you let them drive yours
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 1
Ominous136.50
      01-12-2022, 09:55 AM   #279
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

AHall, my kids love the wagon. It's more comfortable and easier to get in and out. They don't care for the bucket seats. I tell them to ride in back because those seats are sublime, extremely comfortable and easy ingress/egress. Also, if they ride in the back I don't have to worry about them wrecking the bolster. Separately, they don't like to be chauffeured around in my flashier cars. Heck, my son won't let me drive him to school in a black 911. And this green/gold car is, by far, the most in your face car I've ever owned. Well, maybe not my old white 911R with green stripes. But that wasn't an everyday car. They're used to black or silver.

The bucket seats are extremely comfortable and fit me like a glove. I even prefer them to Porsche's buckets. The issue isn't comfort rather getting in and out over and over (and over). It's a process. Even though it's a simple process, it's still a process to do it without destroying bolsters. No big deal except for trips with lots of stops.

Between AMG wagon and this car, I really feel like they're the two best possible 4-door cars if you enjoy driving. Blessed to have these problems. Not complaining here just thinking how (where) this car will fit into my garage over the long/term. If I were a collector with enough money and space, the M5 CS would easily fit into 'never sell' category.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #280
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Day Laborer, and that's the only real reason why the M5 CS is getting praise. In my mind, we can do without all the other frivolities like bucket seats, bronze trim. and red stitching. BMW should tune all future M5s exactly the way the M5 CS is tuned.

I had similar frustrations between 911R and GT3 Touring. They have the magic feeling to the 911R but the Touring is the better all-around car. I want it all!
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2022, 10:18 AM   #281
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Honestly, if you want all of the options that you mentioned above...

1) Option regular seats
2) Option B&W sound
4) Option manual transmission (well, this one can't be solved by BMW)
5) Usable center console

Then the M5CS really isn't the car for you. Yeah, you will miss out on some of the driving characteristics, but you have a pretty significant list of things that you feel are missing. You can probably get a M5 Comp tuned/modified to drive exactly like the CS at some point. Just have to wait for the vendors to get the products to market.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #282
Bluehorseshoe
Lieutenant
Rep

Perhaps you're right but I'll enjoy for at least a year and then decide. May conclude that it fits in nicely somewhere between AMG wagon and manual GT3. Or not.

At least two things I know for certain.
BMW has tuned magic into this chassis and steering. And I spend way too much time thinking about this stuff and need to get out and drive more. My cars don't see salt so it's hard this time of year. If I didn't have two vehicles already clad in Alpins, I'd throw a set on the CS for sure.

Aspire for the perfect garage but it's a moving target.
Appreciate 2
Ex_Stig2594.00
CFoote179.50
      01-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #283
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
My wife has minor back issues and absolutely loves the CS bucket seats. She just doesn't like going in and out, which is a minor annoyance she ignores to get the support her back needs. I don't even think about it much anymore. But I need to be careful of the bolstering. Don't want them to get wear and tear.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 12:24 PM   #284
CFoote
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 M5CS, '00 M5, '06 Z4M

Garage List
2022 M5CS  [0.00]
2001 BMW 740i  [0.00]
2006 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6 3.5i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
2017 BMW 540xi  [0.00]
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
2001 BMW X5 4.4i  [0.00]
Quote:
AHall, my kids love the wagon. It's more comfortable and easier to get in and out. They don't care for the bucket seats. I tell them to ride in back because those seats are sublime, extremely comfortable and easy ingress/egress. Also, if they ride in the back I don't have to worry about them wrecking the bolster. Separately, they don't like to be chauffeured around in my flashier cars. Heck, my son won't let me drive him to school in a black 911. And this green/gold car is, by far, the most in your face car I've ever owned. Well, maybe not my old white 911R with green stripes. But that wasn't an everyday car. They're used to black or silver.

The bucket seats are extremely comfortable and fit me like a glove. I even prefer them to Porsche's buckets. The issue isn't comfort rather getting in and out over and over (and over). It's a process. Even though it's a simple process, it's still a process to do it without destroying bolsters. No big deal except for trips with lots of stops.

Between AMG wagon and this car, I really feel like they're the two best possible 4-door cars if you enjoy driving. Blessed to have these problems. Not complaining here just thinking how (where) this car will fit into my garage over the long/term. If I were a collector with enough money and space, the M5 CS would easily fit into 'never sell' category.
Remember too where the vehicle market is going - electric.

These combustion cars will only go up in value.

Chris
      01-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #285
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoote View Post
Quote:

Remember too where the vehicle market is going - electric.

These combustion cars will only go up in value.

Chris
Yeah it's going to be the first and last gasoline only powered M5 CS. And judging by what bmw m has planned for the future with the hybrid power plants, it's probably going to be the lightest too. Not that it's light right now.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:18 PM   #286
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep

Off topic again:

Anyone ever see this exhaust?

One of the best upgrades for the BMW M5 F90 is a new exhaust system. The M5 is a quintessential, executive sports sedan with racing flair and everyday drivability. As it has for generations, the BMW M5 delivers the total package when it comes to looks, power, and performance. The new VR Performance Titanium Valvetronic Performance Exhaust can elevate the M5 to the ultimate level in terms of added power, enhanced drivability, and intensified tone. Crafted from high-quality titanium, this system features 80mm piping throughout the dual exhaust all the way to the ion plated rear muffler. Designed as a direct replacement for the stock catback system, the exhaust allow the turbochargers to really open up. Being built from titanium, the new exhaust is lighter than the stock exhaust saving you unnecessary weight to your vehicle. Exiting the rear, the VR exhaust features quad burnt titanium exhaust tips for that aggressive look that shows you mean business. The exhaust tips are 90mm in diameter featuring the VR Logo.

As a valvetronic design, the new exhaust is designed to work with your OEM valves that work with your BMW M Modes. This means you can still go from a quiet to loud tone at the press of a button. As a full catback design, the new VR Performance exhaust is designed to work with OEM or aftermarket race downpipes.

Features:

Lightweight Titanium Construction
Tantalizing Exhaust Tone
Switch from Quiet to Loud Levels
Increased Horsepower and Torque
80mm Diameter Piping Throughout
90mm Quad Burnt Titanium Exhaust Tips with VR Logo
Catback system weighs 39.40 lbs
Works with OEM Exhaust Valves
Works with Stock or Aftermarket Race Downpipes