BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Any issues on your new F90?

08-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #45
TheRealBob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 Bluestone M5

No problems to report at 500mi.. I've driven over some fairly bumpy roads, and haven't encountered any squeaks or rattles yet. My F10 remained rattle free for the 35,000 miles I owned it.

All in all, I'm loving it.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 03:30 PM   #46
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Mine has covered 1165 miles NO problems to report, RIS Wednesday.
      08-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #47
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Had a fuel related recall issue before taking delivery, which was resolved in a day or so. Since then, had one issue w/ the pedestrian warning system stating it was failing. Since I mentioned and brought in for break-in service, nada!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #48
kdeleon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Has anyone had an issue with the memory seats? I lean the upper backrest slightly forward. I know it goes back when I turn off the car. But when I start up the engine, about half the time it does not return to the memory position. I can tell by pressing the 1 button and the backrest will move to my position. The other times, it will be fine and fully in the memorized position. I can't find the exact scenarios that cause this outcome. I see the steering wheel also move slight sometimes (as in it doesn't return to the exact position). All other settings seem fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #49
rj1079
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 m5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMaxNow View Post
Issue I have been having is an odd one. The roof rails seem to be coming unglued from the roof and at any speed above 75mph, slap against the roof.

This trim piece extends from the bottom of the windshield, all the way to the top of the rear glass. I have the carbon roof option if that makes a difference.

Curious to see if anyone else is having this issue. I took it to East Bay BMW in Pleasanton CA and they just put 3M tape under the clips, as if that would fix the issue...I am beyond annoyed that a $100k+ car has an issue like this.

Avoid East Bay BMW service at all costs. They have no idea what they're doing on the service side. I have been working with BMW Weatherford in Berkeley (where I purchased the car) to sort this issue. I will update everyone once this is resolved.
Mine did the same thing. They had to order new clips.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #50
visualguy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMaxNow View Post
Avoid East Bay BMW service at all costs. They have no idea what they're doing on the service side. I have been working with BMW Weatherford in Berkeley (where I purchased the car) to sort this issue. I will update everyone once this is resolved.
Is Weatherford service any better? Did they fix the issue for you, and didn't cause any damage? "Not knowing what they're doing" on the service side is pretty much the norm in the Bay Area in my experience, but I haven't tried Weatherford.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 05:55 PM   #51
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeleon View Post
Has anyone had an issue with the memory seats? I lean the upper backrest slightly forward. I know it goes back when I turn off the car. But when I start up the engine, about half the time it does not return to the memory position. I can tell by pressing the 1 button and the backrest will move to my position. The other times, it will be fine and fully in the memorized position. I can't find the exact scenarios that cause this outcome. I see the steering wheel also move slight sometimes (as in it doesn't return to the exact position). All other settings seem fine.
Yup! I find this happening w/ the top headrest. I keep putting it forward, then saving it to position one and sometimes its back again on restart.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #52
kdeleon
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Yup! I find this happening w/ the top headrest. I keep putting it forward, then saving it to position one and sometimes its back again on restart.
Well at least it is not just me. Thanks for checking. I finally gave in and just saved the position in the "wrong" position. Basically the one the car insists on using just so it doesn't move on pressing the button. To borrow from Apple, "It isn't a bug in the car, your were sitting wrong".
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #53
F90_M5
F90_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5 Alpine White

Quote:
Well at least it is not just me. Thanks for checking. I finally gave in and just saved the position in the "wrong" position. Basically the one the car insists on using just so it doesn't move on pressing the button. To borrow from Apple, "It isn't a bug in the car, your were sitting wrong".
I noticed the same thing. Also AC sync sometimes s turned off.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:30 PM   #54
shayan30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

1. The auto stop/start feature is weird or isn't properly configured in my car. The engine turns off between 1-3 mph!

So in slow traffic, the car shuts off when still slightly moving and then restarts quickly so in bumper to bumper tri-state area traffic, this getting pretty annoying. Also have been experiencing this when parking - engine shuts off but I'm not ready to fully stop!!

2. This happens pretty frequently - the car doesn't detect the key fob if it's in my pocket. The car opens, starts, and does all the functionalities as normal but I get a warning that the key is missing. This results in my phone not connecting via Bluetooth. I have to take the key out my pocket and lock/unlock the car (pretty much hit the buttons) so the system officially detects the key.

I didn't complain or mention these at my 1200 RIS but will make sure I do the next go around or when/if I hear of any recalls relating to these.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 06:32 AM   #55
jh00@aol.com
Private
Rep
Drives: F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan30 View Post
1. The auto stop/start feature is weird or isn't properly configured in my car. The engine turns off between 1-3 mph!

So in slow traffic, the car shuts off when still slightly moving and then restarts quickly so in bumper to bumper tri-state area traffic, this getting pretty annoying. Also have been experiencing this when parking - engine shuts off but I'm not ready to fully stop!!

2. This happens pretty frequently - the car doesn't detect the key fob if it's in my pocket. The car opens, starts, and does all the functionalities as normal but I get a warning that the key is missing. This results in my phone not connecting via Bluetooth. I have to take the key out my pocket and lock/unlock the car (pretty much hit the buttons) so the system officially detects the key.

I didn't complain or mention these at my 1200 RIS but will make sure I do the next go around or when/if I hear of any recalls relating to these.
is there a button that you can press to turn the auto stop/ start function on or off?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 07:36 AM   #56
jahdish
Insta pjahdish
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M5/BMW X6/Ferrari 458

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh00@aol.com View Post
is there a button that you can press to turn the auto stop/ start function on or off?
Directly below the Start ignition button

Last edited by jahdish; 08-19-2018 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Wrong info
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #57
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@ModeCarbon View Post
Other than my girlfriend's mother following me around, nothing to report here.
That sounds weird.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #58
F90_M5
F90_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopdaddy View Post
My pedestrian sensors just failed at 186 miles.
How do you know it failed? Is it part of standard option not the night vision package?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 05:00 PM   #59
F90_M5
F90_M5
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Experiencing the same problem. Engine stops before the car comes to a complete stop and turns on again. Don't tell me to turn off auto start/stop button. That is not the solution.

And driver profile saving has issue. AC sync is sometimes off when I always had it synced. Shoulder rest angle seems like not being saved.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #60
kdeleon
Second Lieutenant
Rep

This might be a dumb question but this is my first BMW since a E46 M3, so not much computer stuff back then. Many of these issues seem fixable with a software update. I saw in the latest update of the connected app that we could do updates ourselves. But I don't see how. So does BMW send out fixes that would resolve these problems?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #61
adeuel
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Oxford Green M5C

Quote:
I have exactly the same issue.
It’s annoying to press and hold multiple times on the 1 button to get it moved completely.
I’ve found that short press of the 1 button prior to shifting will move it completely with one press.
That has just become part of my startup routine now.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2018, 09:36 PM   #62
frankchn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeuel View Post
I have exactly the same issue.
It’s annoying to press and hold multiple times on the 1 button to get it moved completely.
I’ve found that short press of the 1 button prior to shifting will move it completely with one press.
That has just become part of my startup routine now.
I found that when I put on my seatbelt before I put the car in gear and drive off, it is usually fine. If I put my seatbelt on as I roll slowly out of the parking lot, sometimes the seat won't move.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 02:48 AM   #63
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

Surely not moving the seats automatically whilst moving is a safety feature, so this is working as designed

Take the scenario your other half is a foot shorter than you. You get in and start driving off and the seat then moves to their position trapping you between the seat and the steering wheel. You then can't steer and can't control the brake and cause an accident.

By having to keep your finger on the button once moving, as with the other seat buttons, at least means things stop happening as soon as you release your finger.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #64
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90_M5 View Post
Quote:

Experiencing the same problem. Engine stops before the car comes to a complete stop and turns on again. Don't tell me to turn off auto start/stop button. That is not the solution.

And driver profile saving has issue. AC sync is sometimes off when I always had it synced. Shoulder rest angle seems like not being saved.
That's because this is not a problem. That's how the new system is designed.

I'm will to bet you're ever so slightly letting up on the brake.. that's why it's restarting.

I've driven 5 different ones... all five are the exact same.

As an experiment try it but pay attention to your brake pedal and your foot. Keep pressure on it until it stops at the same amount and it won't start back up again until you release the brake.

I do like the old software for this function better.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #65
norbtx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

300 miles and not a problem yet. Getting to know the Idiosyncrasies of BMW's iDrive system and BMW-ness is a steep curve. I just recently discovered that the HK audio has an equalizer. All this time I thought it only had bass and treble adjustment. Really awoken the HK. And the 360 view that is only accessed with the hand motion pinched fingers routine. That took a while to figure out. lol, not to mention the a/c cool/hot mixer buried in the menu system.
      10-18-2018, 08:52 PM   #66
Realnyc8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Random noises

I got my M5 in Mar, one of the first ones in the country. I'm at 3600 miles now and it has been great for the most part except for a couple issues. curious if anyone else has had these problems and if you were able to resolve them:

1. clicking / ticking noise from the AC. the AC makes a slight clicking / ticking noise thats loud enough that you can hear it when the engine is on, and more prominently when the engine is off in start/stop. the noise gets louder when you turn up or down the temperature. i'm not sure if its a fan inside or what, but if anyone has had this issue and resolved it pls let me know. its loud enough that its annoying

2. rubbing noise in the rear, sounds like its coming from the diff. it happens every now and then, its a low rubbing noise when i turn right slowly or at an incline. it sounds like a bushing or something that is rubbing.

otherwise the car is awesome.

Last edited by Realnyc8; 12-20-2018 at 01:10 AM..
Appreciate 0