BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW M5 (F90) shown at Gamescom!

08-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #89
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr0m3assass1n View Post
Man, you sound just like me, except I'm on PlayStation.

But, good point. I found it odd they chose to do the reveal of such a major model at this event, rather than a major auto show.
Fuck, I found out that as you make more money and can afford toys like M cars, you have less time to drive and enjoy them. Of course getting married, having kids, moving cross country takes a toll on your time in my case...

I barely have any time on a weekend to even wash my car, let alone drive it. Last weekend, I had literally a 2 hour window to change my X5's oil and air filter while my kid took a nap (DIY). In the old days, I would have blasted on my TV in my garage, , sipped on a brew and take my time on the job while doing a vacuum at the end.

BTW, how they designed the air filter box on the E70 X5 was completely stupid. It literally took me 30 minutes to force the snaps back onto the box. The tolerances on it is insanely tight.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-25-2017 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #90
Braymond141
Rep
Drives: 96 M3, 01 M5, 11 128 M-Sport

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 10:14 PM   #91
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Is is jus me that think the more years that pass the uglier these get
      08-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #92
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAttack View Post
Is is jus me that think the more years that pass the uglier these get
It is much like people the older the uglier we get.

Clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 05:54 PM   #93
usmabmass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 550i, 23 i4 M50, 24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmabmass View Post
Not really moot though even to a 9 year old. When i was in middle school my dream car was an audi rs6, and its still the reason that i've only driven v8 sedans since i was 20.

Marketing driven at "the kids" think is cool is still a pretty heavy influence today, whether we like it or not. You dont make aspirational halo cars by only showing them to people in their 40s
Your argument would be better served by saying today you own an Audi (RS something)
Eh, not really, its what fueled my love for the type of car. I ended up loving BMWs after trying them out and havent looked back since.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2017, 07:40 PM   #94
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmabmass View Post
Eh, not really, its what fueled my love for the type of car. I ended up loving BMWs after trying them out and havent looked back since.
Sounds like BMW owes Audi a check for the referral
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2017, 05:04 AM   #95
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Horrible introduction colour imo. What about imola red BMW, i mean you have a portefolio of so many great looking colours. In fact any other colour would be better than this. But in general the F90 just doesn't do it for me. I know what Jeremy clarkson will say about that shifter
Somehow it looks worse in the game preview (aka moving) than it does when you look at the press photos.

Like a barge on wheels....and not in a good way?
Aren't all current 5 series land yachts?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #96
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone View Post
Gamers waste their time instead of learning and doing useful things, so they will never have the money to buy a real M5.

Better reveal the car at real-world-related events, BMW.
My parents use to say the same thing.

Now you can get scholarships for gaming, and ESports is on ESPN.

Imagine where I could have been if I had just played more

Looks to me like it's a growing market on the creator side, and sports side
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2017, 07:58 PM   #97
Kr0m3assass1n
kr0m3assass1n
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X7 M50i

Garage List
Not so bad when you take another look at it. Love the stance and those F80 lookin' mirrors suit the look too.

Should've slapped on some gloss black grilles to give it a meaner front though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2019, 07:28 AM   #98
juliaann1122
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

charlotte pool

Fortunately, you can discover a Pokémon Go hack or two that are absolutely protected and that will do nothing to your PC and that will keep you from getting restricted also. There are a lot of networks that attention on these hacks and that can assist you with finding exactly what you need or need from a bot of any kind. What's more, that is a tremendous preferred position that will enable you to step up rapidly, get the entirety of the charlotte pool that you need, and have a ton of fun with it when you really have the opportunity to plunk down and play.

At the point when you are hoping to upgrade your charlotte pool game, and you need to ensure that you can get everything that you requirement for it, at that point a Pokémon Go bot might be only what you need to set aside some effort to take a gander at. By utilizing these apparatuses, you can make the game significantly increasingly charming and ensure that you get considerably nearer to the entirety of the objectives that you have for the game and how you need to have the option to play it with the time that you have.

https://charlottepoole.doodlekit.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #99
cream
Private
Rep
Drives: 19' BSM M5

Quote:
Gamers waste their time instead of learning and doing useful things, so they will never have the money to buy a real M5.

Tell that to the man who made $10M last year wasting his time eh? Get with the times grandpa..

There are many among him who do very well in the industry and E-Sports is a real thing nowadays which can be very lucrative if you have put in the time to practice just like any other profession.

Seems like you only drive a 335i so perhaps it is you who wasted your time otherwise you would be in a new M5 which is what this forum/post is about.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #100
creedthings
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Comp

Quote:

lol what. I'm 25, work full time as a manager at an ad agency, play video games, have my own house, drive an m5. And when i'm not driving my M5 i'm driving one in video games. you're horribly mistaken ya old fart
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #101
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:

I'll hop on the bandwagon with all of the others to bring you back to reality today. I watched the M5 reveal during a Gamescom stream.

I am married with 2 kids, 31 yrs old and when I have the time you will still find me playing World of Warcraft and CoD: MW — oh did I mention I drive an M5 Competition?

I've been playing anything and everything for the last 20 year and as long as time permits - I will continue to do so.

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0