BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Any issues on your new F90?

10-18-2018, 09:03 PM   #67
bedh8
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

600 miles on the clock, start my car last week and the gas gauge shows 0 along with all of the service notifications showing up on I drive. Also, a message on the center cluster indicating that fuel is low. Funny thing is that I filled up the tank the night before. Bring it in to the dealer and they run a diagnostic check. Turns out the entire instrumental cluster is faulty and they have a order a new one from Germany. That was a week ago and I’m still waiting for it to arrive. What a shame that they have to tear apart the dash of my brand new car! Meanwhile I’ve been driving around making sure I fill up every 200 miles or so. Very irritating to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #68
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedh8 View Post
600 miles on the clock, start my car last week and the gas gauge shows 0 along with all of the service notifications showing up on I drive. Also, a message on the center cluster indicating that fuel is low. Funny thing is that I filled up the tank the night before. Bring it in to the dealer and they run a diagnostic check. Turns out the entire instrumental cluster is faulty and they have a order a new one from Germany. That was a week ago and I’m still waiting for it to arrive. What a shame that they have to tear apart the dash of my brand new car! Meanwhile I’ve been driving around making sure I fill up every 200 miles or so. Very irritating to say the least.
Yikes! Sorry to hear! Looks like a factory quality issue. Wouldn't this be a lemon? And is this the Comp car?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 07:39 AM   #69
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedh8 View Post
600 miles on the clock, start my car last week and the gas gauge shows 0 along with all of the service notifications showing up on I drive. Also, a message on the center cluster indicating that fuel is low. Funny thing is that I filled up the tank the night before. Bring it in to the dealer and they run a diagnostic check. Turns out the entire instrumental cluster is faulty and they have a order a new one from Germany. That was a week ago and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. What a shame that they have to tear apart the dash of my brand new car! Meanwhile I've been driving around making sure I fill up every 200 miles or so. Very irritating to say the least.
Yikes! Sorry to hear! Looks like a factory quality issue. Wouldn't this be a lemon? And is this the Comp car?
Lemon laws vary from state to state. But generally they follow these rules:

3 repair attempts for a non safety issue
Or
1 repair attempt for a safety issue
Or
30 days out of service

Also must be:
Still within factory warranty
Under 18k miles.

This is not a safety issue, and it has not been out of service.

So, no. Not a lemon.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 08:24 AM   #70
Jez_zza
Lieutenant
Spain
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Yes
1- Issues with a fan in the driver seat and the fan gets very noisy when i switch on the ventilation
Took it to BMW for a quick check and the seat will need to be replaced . Great
2- Alarm goes off for no reasons
3 - Brake squealing noise is embarrassing in town

Never had a single issue with my F80 in 4 years of ownership so this is frankly annoying
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #71
MThree_Forty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Dravit Gray M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydeman View Post
I want to check how many of you have the brake squeal. This annoys the hell out of me. I had my F10 for 5 years and not a peep free the brakes . I’m at the dealer now and he says it’s a competition car and they may squeak. Well.... we’ll see if they do anything about. I’ll report back when I get back.
3300 miles. Front brakes squealed like a banshee. Told my service advisor "I didn't pay 110K for a car that sounds like a delivery truck". They replaced pads and rotors. Was quiet for about 3 weeks or so. Then squeal came back, but is much quieter, and the pitch is less objectionable. Mentioned this to my advisor today when car was in for winter wheel bolt-on. Told him if it gets worse, he will be getting a visit..... Unfortunately, can't find other brands of brake pads on the 'net yet. Checking often.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #72
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I can feel the road and every imperfection on the steering wheel among the engine and everything else - get really tiring especially after a long day at work driving home. But it appears only one more person has this?

Vibration while driving (if I hold the empty passenger seat I can feel/see it vibrating). Unfortunately road force balancing did nothing.

No other issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 04:43 AM   #73
Trenthodges
South Africa
Rep

Drove it pretty hard (not track hard) but not to work normal drive- got back home opened the bonnet to show the carbon cover- the engine made a strange sound, and then a burning smell started- turned off the car, and smoke came out from under the car near the middle towards the drivers side... turned out the wiring harness wasn't secured properly, and fell on the gearbox and burnt out- they replaced it, and found that the starter motor burnt out (strange sound)- guessing the wiring was connected to the starter motor... picked it up, and just pulled through the traffic light right outside the dealership, and the drivetrain fault came back, turned out it was the coil- they replaced that- now seems all good.
Here, in South Africa, the BMW on call guys didn't know how to get it out of drive, because it was first they had to flatbed- so I assume that there aren't many issues.

The only issue I now seem to have is the disconnecting on the car play every now and then, not sure if it's the IPhone or the car.
Attached Images

X5
428i
X3
M4
M4 Comp
M5 F90
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 10:48 AM   #74
KDDeutschland
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spara View Post
My driving time is interrupted by work and responsibility.
🤣🤣🤣🤣👍🏾
      11-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #75
MustachE
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

I have had mine for about 1500 miles. The Check emission light came on, and I took to dealer. They indicated they think it is a faulty oxygen sensor so they recaliberated the sensor and gave me the car back, A few days later the emissions light came back on! I took it in and they said the sensor is now saying there is a leak in the fuel lines somewhere.... and they are going to test it WTH!
E
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 05:29 AM   #76
Oly
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5 2019

just purchased a 2019 m5 in carbon black with black leather
as i have experience with a black m3, i had trouble with stone chips around the rear wheel arches due to stones flicking up from the front wheels.
is there any sort of protective patches available to stop this?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 01:00 PM   #77
vink
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5C, 2020 BMW X7 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oly View Post
just purchased a 2019 m5 in carbon black with black leather
as i have experience with a black m3, i had trouble with stone chips around the rear wheel arches due to stones flicking up from the front wheels.
is there any sort of protective patches available to stop this?
911 has pre-installed plastic wraps around the rear wheel arches for the same reason. Not sure if there are any for M5's.

My problem is 2700 miles in one month of ownership 😟
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #78
M135iXdriver
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competiton
Location: Northwestern Switzerland veeeeery close to the German Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchtion View Post
I've developed a creak in the passenger seat I can't find. Only 400 miles. Everything else great.
Same here... 800 miles so far... also from the driver seat and back or 3rd brake light... not sure yet... ah yes... my front speaker in the dash does not like ASD... it crackles... and there is this strange squeek from the back... like rubber on rubber... no clue what this could be.
2010 - Mazda 3 MPS BL 2.3 (256 bhp) (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #79
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMG640 View Post
I had a lot of issues with my X5M, BMW would just replace parts and the issue would keep coming back.

I know you had a lot of issues with your W213 E63 but overall from what I have experienced, MB build quality is way better than BMW.
Not in my experience. MB far worse. Had a high end MB SUV that rattled form Day 1, other problems as well...dealer could care less. Got rid of it, rattled all the way to the trade in.

Have 9K on my M5 Comp now. No significant problems, no rattles and the dealership is fantastic. My only problem is I can't get the tires to last more than 10K. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2019, 04:47 PM   #80
A Need For Speed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Comp Nardo/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Drove one for the first time yesterday. Wasn't impressed by anything with the exception of the exhaust. Obviously better than an f10, more performance, but not some monumental leap like with previous M5's...
First M5 with 4 wheel drive. Almost 700 horses at the crank. 617 at the wheel. Yea, that's definitely a monumental leap, bud. You are gonna have to learn to troll a little better.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 04:51 PM   #81
bungle321
Rep

6000 miles in, no problems so far and loving every minute��
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #82
F90M5C
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 19 F90 M5C,17 F82 ZCP M4

bluetooth disconnects as soon as i leave the driver seat , with and without the phone , sometimes with driver door still open and always when the door closes , anyone having this issue ? my old F10 M5 i could walk 10m and the phone will still be connected
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 06:09 PM   #83
DannyA
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C8 RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez_zza View Post
Yes
1- Issues with a fan in the driver seat and the fan gets very noisy when i switch on the ventilation
Took it to BMW for a quick check and the seat will need to be replaced . Great
2- Alarm goes off for no reasons
3 - Brake squealing noise is embarrassing in town

Never had a single issue with my F80 in 4 years of ownership so this is frankly annoying
Do you have anything plugged into the ODB port?
2016 F10 M5
2010 C6 RS6
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2019, 08:03 PM   #84
Justinlujhao
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 FIRST EDITION

Everbody check AC control panel screen, many of M5 and 5 series got dead pixel line in middle
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 10:59 AM   #85
MarkNewM5COMPETITION
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5 COMPETITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_F90 View Post
Day after getting my car the Sat Radio quit working, won't recognize the module at all. Dealer says they have to wait on new head unit from Germany... Other than that the car has been great.

Any other issues out there?
All i got to say is THANK GD i got rid of the M5C before the issues started.
Appreciate 0