E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Who's on the patriot?!

06-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #45
deltron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325xi Monaco Blue

I'm about 30-40 minutes away from the VPC from what I gather by the location, NYC. I heard that cars that are priority one, which means those that are already ordered (sold), get the quickest attention. So if anything our cars should be ahead of all those other cars that arrived on the ship.

Man, this is going to be a long week
      06-13-2006, 06:45 AM   #46
xeta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver 330xi, 6MT

Called the # this morning. It now says "Your vehicle is at the port awaiting a shipping vessel". I hope it means a truck, not a boat.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 09:57 AM   #47
ToddL
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Hey all, my car is/was on the Patriot as well. 325i 6MT, Electric Red, Black Leatherette w/aluminum trim, Sport package, Heated Seats, Sat Radio. I got 2.9% financing for 60 months through BMWFS.

Xeta, I also got the "waiting for a shipping vessel" ... odd considering I'm in Wisconsin! My sales guy told me a range of June 16-23 back when I ordered. I haven't refreshed those dates with him but it looks more towards the back end of that based on what people have posted on the board.

Looking forward to the new ride ...

Todd
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #48
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

Todd,

Welcome to the boards! You'll find alot of information here for your new ride. (Nice specs BTW). If you don't mind me asking, do you know who your dealer went through for financing that low? Any special things I should ask my dealer for? I have EXTREMELY good credit however the best they came back to me with was 5.9. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 10:26 AM   #49
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeta
Todd,

Welcome to the boards! You'll find alot of information here for your new ride. (Nice specs BTW). If you don't mind me asking, do you know who your dealer went through for financing that low? Any special things I should ask my dealer for? I have EXTREMELY good credit however the best they came back to me with was 5.9. Any help is appreciated.
From what I've read on this forum it seems that the midwest gets great financing deals. The reasoning that I recall is that BMW doesn't move cars as quickly in the midwest as it does in New England, so they use the special financing to help grab some more customers.

You guys are so lucky! I wish I could get 2.9%

Xeta, I get the message about the car being at the port awaiting a shipping vessel too. I heard the 1-800 # loses its usefullness when it arrives at the VPC. Your CA and the Owner's Circle is suppose to have better information at this point of delivery process.
      06-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #50
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

I just wish it could be even across the board. Kinda makes me feel like we're being taken advantage of.

Ah well...my car still doesn't say its at the VPC in either the telephone service or VPC! /me is getting nervous.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #51
ToddL
Private
Rep

Xeta, as far as the financing, Deltron is right - here in the Midwest we get really great deals from time to time as the sales are slower out here (ex-Chicago). In Wisconsin E90's are still rare to see. As far as 5.9%, I think that's a pretty decent market rate these days . I also just bought an Odyssey Touring for the wife and the rate was 6% for 60 months through Honda Finance, who used Harris Bank.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #52
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

Whats weird is, why can't the BMW system update as soon as its in the VPC? I mean the dealer will get updated that the car is at the VPC, why couldn't it pass that information on in real time to the website/800 #?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 04:09 PM   #53
Ski&Board
Rep
Drives: 330xi 6MT Deep Green

Just had it confirmed. Mine is in VPC process now Due at dealer Friday I should have it next Wed. or Thur. Good luck to everone else waiting. Hope everyone has theirs by next week!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #54
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

I was really hoping I can pick up the car at the dealer this Friday or Saturday. I'll give my CA a call tomorrow and ask what the status is. I'm still crossing my fingers.

I'm actually thankful this week is a busy one at work , otherwise I'd go insane waiting for the car.

If I have to wait through the weekend, I don't know what'll happen
      06-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #55
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

You gotta send us pics if you pick it up del!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 11:15 AM   #56
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

Just got a call from my CA! My car should be ready for pickup by next tuesday! w00t!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #57
ToddL
Private
Rep

Congrats, Xeta! Next Tuesday ... hmmmm. Hopefully that translates into a Wednesday/Thursday pickup for those of us in the Midwest ...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 12:53 PM   #58
ChadR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi

Yeah I spoke with my CA today as well and he said it was on a truck at this point. Currently mine is scheduled to be at the dealer on Friday but I am hoping it shows up tomorrow so that it can be 100% ready for Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #59
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

Unsure what the time difference is from going to PA instead of MA however, they said my car would be arriving at the dealership at the end of today.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #60
HKlein
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330xi/monaco blue/gray leather

Saturday

My CA wasn't specific when I spoke to him yesterday. He told me that the car was in NJ and would be to the dealer (in Westchester County) between Wednesday and Friday and that I could pick it up on Saturday. so, while I don't know where my car is right now, I assume that i'm picking it up on Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #61
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

"The Call"

I got the call about an hour ago, the car is at the dealer. I'll be picking it up tomorrow during lunch. It'll be a long lunch

I gotta call up Geico and setup my insurance tonight and sort out the money tomorrow morning, but when lunch time comes around I'll be hauling ass to the dealership

My CA said that I can stop by and see the car if I want today, but I think I'll just wait until tomorrow to see it.

One.. more .. day, then...
      06-14-2006, 05:29 PM   #62
Ski&Board
Rep
Drives: 330xi 6MT Deep Green

Congrats deltron!!!!!!

I can't wait for Friday......
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2006, 11:07 PM   #63
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

Hi everyone, I spoke to Geico and setup my insurance, but I wanted to share some things that the representative mentioned.

He quoted me this 7yr/100k warranty that they have. It's 15 months, 15k miles opt-in and he said its $50 for a 6 month term, and the deductible is $250 (per instance). It covers *everything* in the car, the electronics, computers, mechanical parts, etc... You can take it to the BMW dealer if you want, you don't have to use *their* repair shop.

Its only available for new cars. He mentioned that most auto-makers in their warranties only cover the electronics in the car, like sensors, computers, etc... for 1-2 years. He said I should read the fine-print or just ask the CA for details on BMW's warranty. BMW's are technology heavy too. The Geico warranty doesn't cover items that wear like brakes, rotors or wiper blades though.

Any who... he said that I should think about that before 15 months or 15k miles because those components can be expensive to fix.

What I understood from reading the forum is that the extended warranty is ~ $2000, which I'm not sure covers the electronics. There's two extended warranties from BMW, normal and full. I did some simple math, and after my first 2 terms (1 year - before the 15 months) till the standard 4yr BMW warranty, its only $300. Three years more its $600 altogether.

Geico's deal is much better I think, and I wanted to share with everyone that because most extended warranties are a waste of money, but those warranties do give you peace of mind. Geico is a legitimate company too, so it won't be another Gold Warranty Co.

You can pay the deductible several times over and still beat the extended warranty price, and there's no money up front. And if you have one major repair and you've had it with your car and sell it, you don't lose the money you spent on your warranty.

I'm sure everyone has a different insurance company and Geico is not the best insurer for you, but I wanted to share this with everyone because I'm one of those "peace of mind" individuals and was thinking about getting some kind of extended warranty down the road.

The thing about the no coverage on the electronics was something new to me and I thought that would be an interesting bit for everyone to chew one.

I know this is way off topic from the thread subject but we've been talking about sorts of issues about ours cars.

I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow!!
      06-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #64
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski&Board
Congrats deltron!!!!!!

I can't wait for Friday......
Thanks Ski&Board, I hope you get your car sooner than the dealer quoted you.
      06-15-2006, 07:06 AM   #65
xeta
Private First Class
Rep

Ineresting del. I'm unsure if you should go with the geico warranty or not. I haven't heard of too many issues with the e90 electrical systems but, that doesn't mean they dont exist. Think carefully on how you feel about it, then make the decision and stick with it.

Also, I really dont know how the BMW extended warranty works. Do you have to purchase it at the time you purchase the vehicle? and what are the costs involved?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 08:50 AM   #66
deltron
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeta
Ineresting del. I'm unsure if you should go with the geico warranty or not. I haven't heard of too many issues with the e90 electrical systems but, that doesn't mean they dont exist. Think carefully on how you feel about it, then make the decision and stick with it.

Also, I really dont know how the BMW extended warranty works. Do you have to purchase it at the time you purchase the vehicle? and what are the costs involved?
I'm not going to buy the Geico warranty right away, but I'll be thinking about it and will look up comments online from those who have it. You can buy the extended warranty (and extended maintenance) anytime before your 4yr/50k miles is up. So you have lots of time to make a decision on that. You may have more negotiation room the day you're buying the car though.