BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Moving On......

03-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #67
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Wow you guys went all in on this guy.
There's no premeditation or coordination here; just a shared loathing of idiocy/blatant bullshit I guess... well, that's how I see it.

Frankly, I wish it were true but alas...
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 06:12 PM   #68
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
Dude what are you talking about, there are entire threads comparing leases, and even forums.

You are overpaying for the M8 like crazy, and the porsche rate is just made up unless by "lease structure" you mean $15,000 down.

Your "VIP" status is also a joke, ive bought multiple GT cars and still own one as well as multiple other porsches from my life long porsche dealership and everyone enjoyed a good chuckle at your VIP status and half priced cars it gets you. Instead of shutting us up and posting info or numbers you get angry and call us amateurs.

Come on dude no ones taking you seriously at this point, why not make US look like fools and post up your amazing porsche deal and sub par M8 deal?
I think you are the biggest moron of the bunch! You don't know what lease structure means?!
How about what you do w/ taxes and fees, how many miles a year, how many months of a lease, how much you might or might not put down, how much you remain below MRM (market residual maximum), etc. BTW, I put $0 down towards the MSRP and it's a GTS fool, not a GT! In addition, one of now 3 left to order in the country! Total amateur hour and so many other amateur comments above. How can any of you idiots know that I am overpaying for the M8 GC, when you don't know my lease structure?!?! And judge such a good deal on the Porsche all the same! Have to be a bunch of kids, thirty's max, that have the issues here. I've been leasing cars probably more than you all are alive and if you are 50+, you are totally clueless. Probably voted for Biden too. Over and out, I'm done here and no longer responding. Not worth one more second of my time. Clowns.....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 12:55 AM   #69
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Wow you guys went all in on this guy.
There's no premeditation or coordination here; just a shared loathing of idiocy/blatant bullshit I guess... well, that's how I see it.

Frankly, I wish it were true but alas...
Not sure what is so unbelievable. From what I know of Porsche residuals and money factor $1700 with a 9.5% CA tax on the payments is the lease payment for a cayenne gts As long as msrp is not past the mmr. That's just with base drive off ( first month and tax and registration)

From my experience 10% off is what they will give
if you try hard enough and as long as it's not a true GT car like a gt3 etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 08:48 AM   #70
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Not sure what is so unbelievable. From what I know of Porsche residuals and money factor $1700 with a 9.5% CA tax on the payments is the lease payment for a cayenne gts As long as msrp is not past the mmr. That's just with base drive off ( first month and tax and registration)

You will not get 10% off on a cayenne coupe GTS currently.

Also lol at the guy still not posting any of the "lease structure" or any evidence of his deal calling us stupid and then bringing politics into it
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 09:06 AM   #71
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
I think you are the biggest moron of the bunch! You don't know what lease structure means?!
How about what you do w/ taxes and fees, how many miles a year, how many months of a lease, how much you might or might not put down, how much you remain below MRM (market residual maximum), etc. BTW, I put $0 down towards the MSRP and it's a GTS fool, not a GT! In addition, one of now 3 left to order in the country! Total amateur hour and so many other amateur comments above. How can any of you idiots know that I am overpaying for the M8 GC, when you don't know my lease structure?!?! And judge such a good deal on the Porsche all the same! Have to be a bunch of kids, thirty's max, that have the issues here. I've been leasing cars probably more than you all are alive and if you are 50+, you are totally clueless. Probably voted for Biden too. Over and out, I'm done here and no longer responding. Not worth one more second of my time. Clowns.....
You are the obtuse fool that posted the comparison in payments so any reasonable member like the ones that replied would compare those payments based on the same amount of terms/miles/down...

Any idiot knows one can manipulate a lease payment to make it lower thru cap reductions, term adjustments, mileage allowances, msd's- etc

So given your 128k msrp Porsche vs the 136k BMW with similar terms, you did a shit job at negotiating the BMW. Who cares about the MRM-- did you just learn that? Market Residual Maximum? WTF are you babbling about with this market bullshit. MRM means Maximum Residualized MSRP and you think you know about leasing
2022 Porsche Carrera GTS Coupe Shark Blue
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 3
      03-19-2021, 06:40 PM   #72
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Quote:

Also lol at the guy still not posting any of the "lease structure" or any evidence of his deal calling us stupid and then bringing politics into it
I can get 12% off with one phone call. 10% should be achievable for most people.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 07:19 PM   #73
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can get 12% off with one phone call. 10% should be achievable for most people.
Then I guess I'm not most.

I'd estimate I've made 10 attempts over 8 years across various vehicle types—albeit spanning both Porsche and Audi—nada were remotely competitive to the point of me saying no out of principle (yeah, my love for cars loses rarely but Porsche fall easily under "rarely"; I took one RS7 but even that deal pained me).

There's some secret sauce here that's so far eluded me.

Perhaps you can post some details since there seems to be a dichotomy here... and you're in the minority from what I can discern.

Note that the MSRP discount isn't the issue, the comparative lease payment and overall lease-deal structure is.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2021, 09:51 PM   #74
Oswiff
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 m5 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Respectfully, the stable you have established for yourself over the years are dreams for most. The cars you are able to get your hands on, many couldn't even get on a list for. So I'm not surprised you can get 12% off a cayenne gts due to the relationship you have built but I would be surprised if most people can get 10% no matter the leg work.
I like to think that I have a built a fairly good relationship with my Porsche dealer and my client advisor but I only hover around 8-9% on most cars including the 992 and I'm happy about it. I did get 12% plus off on my '19 Panamera gts but that was only because they had 6 on the lot and were needing to unload inventory.
You have me questioning if I'm in a fools paradise on my Porsche discount now but reading through the comments, I will say I should be content.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 10:34 PM   #75
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Saying lease and down payment in the same sentence is where I stopped reading.

And then the petty insults and political comments in a car forum
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      03-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #76
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Damn, you guys ran the liar off... it was just starting to get good. lol