BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    which Front Lip Spoiler is this?

07-29-2023, 01:44 PM   #1
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 2021

which Front Lip Spoiler is this?

Shown here at the 4:34 mark:

Appreciate 1
Holset274.00
      07-29-2023, 03:25 PM   #2
zman21
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

That's an after-market front lip spoiler off ebay. I asked the owner months ago because my F90 mods were going to be very similar to his. You could probably find it there still or something similar, but the risk is a lot of CF on ebay is crap; I'd be cautious about putting potentially "cheap" carbon on a $125k+ car. IMO, spend the $ and get something nice. Already been down this road and I regretted trying to save a buck as soon as I saw it come out of the box. Ended up sending it back and bought the MP front lip spoiler. Love it, fits perfect and really completes the front of the car. Sterckenn was my second choice; they also make nice stuff. This one is similar to that in the video:

https://autocouturemotoring.com/prod...front-splitter

Last edited by zman21; 07-29-2023 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2023, 08:23 PM   #3
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the feedback. I also researched the wheels they put on in that video (Titan). Turns out those are totally crap quality. Glad I'm not installing these items.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 10:02 PM   #4
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDriverSF View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I also researched the wheels they put on in that video (Titan). Turns out those are totally crap quality. Glad I'm not installing these items.
Curious what you found as to Titan wheels? I’m not at all familiar with them, but there at least a few members here who have them and seem to be pleased with them.
      07-31-2023, 11:47 PM   #5
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman21 View Post
That's an after-market front lip spoiler off ebay. I asked the owner months ago because my F90 mods were going to be very similar to his. You could probably find it there still or something similar, but the risk is a lot of CF on ebay is crap; I'd be cautious about putting potentially "cheap" carbon on a $125k+ car. IMO, spend the $ and get something nice. Already been down this road and I regretted trying to save a buck as soon as I saw it come out of the box. Ended up sending it back and bought the MP front lip spoiler. Love it, fits perfect and really completes the front of the car. Sterckenn was my second choice; they also make nice stuff. This one is similar to that in the video:

This is a good looking front lip spoiler, but unfortunately this is for the pre-LCI model:

Appreciate 0
      07-31-2023, 11:48 PM   #6
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Curious what you found as to Titan wheels? I’m not at all familiar with them, but there at least a few members here who have them and seem to be pleased with them.
Some people were saying they're low quality:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...itan_7_wheels/
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2023, 03:42 PM   #7
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman21 View Post

For a front lip that will more then likely scrape regardless and for $400 lip honestly its good. Quality isnt bad either
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 03:43 PM   #8
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDriverSF View Post
My car, and "totally crap quality" is false lol. Wheels look good and are also lightweight. Driving through NY/NJ crappy roads no cracks or nic's on the wheel. Its a great wheel, try them out you might like them too.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2023, 03:51 PM   #9
Melo_F90
2023 M5
Rep

One thing about the front lip is for example the lci m performance front lip connects to the end of the bumper by the wheel. This doesn’t it stops about an inch away but you can’t really tell. Attached 2 pictures for you to see

This is the link to the front lip had it on my previous and current f90 and no issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2023, 03:41 PM   #10
BayDriverSF
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo_F90 View Post
One thing about the front lip is for example the lci m performance front lip connects to the end of the bumper by the wheel. This doesn’t it stops about an inch away but you can’t really tell. Attached 2 pictures for you to see

This is the link to the front lip had it on my previous and current f90 and no issues.
Looks great but I guess it lowers your clearance by another inch or so. With the stock frontend, I come very close to hitting sidewalk curbs. With a front lip, I think I will actually bump into the curbs unfortunately, which would really crush the front lip from below.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 12:53 PM   #11
RW Carbon
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 & G87 M2

BayDriverSF We offer this style ( GTS Style ) among others. If you are still in the market or have any carbon related questions, please contact us.

https://www.rwcarbon.com/bmw-f90-m5-...-products.html

Email Friendly too : johnny@rwcarbon.com /malakai@rwcarbon.com

Carbon fiber for the everyday driver: rwcarbon.com
3941 E La Palma Ave Anaheim CA, 92870
info@rwcarbon.com / (714) 328-4406
Instagram/Tiktok/Facebook: @rwcarbon
Appreciate 1
Holset274.00