BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Thoughts on this m5 comp - about to

03-03-2024, 07:48 PM   #1
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i

Thoughts on this m5 comp - about to

M5 Comp video

Hey there. Been keeping an eye out for late model 2022/23 M5 comps as my current M550 lease is up late summer. Came by this beauty for 108K. Specs out perfectly other than blue brake calipers lol. Love the fact that the warranty is still long-term and that it’s a 2023 with 6K only.

Any input/thoughts? Anyone tell me more about those wheels…looks stock. Seeing the car tomorrow. It seems a fair price given what else I’m seeing available. No chance will i spring for a new M5 hybrid.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 04:57 AM   #2
wrecklesswun
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

You will be happy I have a 2018 50,000 Mi still running strong the only thing I ran into was the coolant reservoir had to replace
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2024, 06:43 AM   #3
GTTC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

I would. Just ask to take it to an independent mechanic to check for tune and anything else. Dealers are know to keep it quiet and then your warranty is voided because of a “tune” that just magically appeared. Don’t know about the wheels but that is fixable.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 07:00 AM   #4
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTC View Post
I would. Just ask to take it to an independent mechanic to check for tune and anything else. Dealers are know to keep it quiet and then your warranty is voided because of a “tune” that just magically appeared. Don’t know about the wheels but that is fixable.
thanks, not saying it could never happen but I did get the car and I did not get it independently checked out. BMW of RIDGEFIELD is assumabky not going to lie to me. I extended my factory warranty and feel pretty confident that’s all is well with the car and that if/when something happens, and needs fixing, my bmw warranty will look after the big stuff.
I’d be super interested to meet and talk to someone who had a big bmw dealership lie to them about a timing that suddenly voided a warranty down the road. Again, I’m sure everything’s happened in this world, but I dont feel the need to be overly concerned.
Appreciate 1
GTTC55.00
      03-24-2024, 07:01 AM   #5
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecklesswun View Post
You will be happy I have a 2018 50,000 Mi still running strong the only thing I ran into was the coolant reservoir had to replace
Thank you. I made the purchase!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 12:40 PM   #6
S EyeLand
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emarkman View Post
Thank you. I made the purchase!
Congrats, you're gonna love it.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 02:09 PM   #7
GTTC
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emarkman View Post
thanks, not saying it could never happen but I did get the car and I did not get it independently checked out. BMW of RIDGEFIELD is assumabky not going to lie to me. I extended my factory warranty and feel pretty confident that’s all is well with the car and that if/when something happens, and needs fixing, my bmw warranty will look after the big stuff.
I’d be super interested to meet and talk to someone who had a big bmw dealership lie to them about a timing that suddenly voided a warranty down the road. Again, I’m sure everything’s happened in this world, but I dont feel the need to be overly concerned.
You are correct. I also got mine from a BMW dealership with CPO warranty. Did not had it independently checked because the car was traded in and CPO’d 5 days before my purchase. It would be pretty hard for them to CPO a car and then flip an say it was tuned or anything wrong. I did eventually took it to a local BMW Master’s shop just as peace of mind and his words were “only going to charge you $10 for the inspection. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a car as clean and mechanically sound as yours. I actually enjoyed messing with it for a bit”. That made me smile.
If this is your 1st one… welcome to the smile club. If you are a returning customer.. too you long enough and welcome back…
BTW MBB looks amazing at night.
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2024, 06:37 PM   #8
Emarkman
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTTC View Post
You are correct. I also got mine from a BMW dealership with CPO warranty. Did not had it independently checked because the car was traded in and CPO’d 5 days before my purchase. It would be pretty hard for them to CPO a car and then flip an say it was tuned or anything wrong. I did eventually took it to a local BMW Master’s shop just as peace of mind and his words were “only going to charge you $10 for the inspection. It’s been a while since I’ve seen a car as clean and mechanically sound as yours. I actually enjoyed messing with it for a bit”. That made me smile.
If this is your 1st one… welcome to the smile club. If you are a returning customer.. too you long enough and welcome back…
BTW MBB looks amazing at night.
Went from leading a 540 to leading a 550 to buying the last production year of the M5 C. I couldn’t be more thrilled!
Appreciate 2
GTTC55.00