BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Wheel offsets?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-22-2018, 11:16 AM   #1
bumplin
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Wheel offsets?

Anybody knows the wheel offsets for the F90? Wondering if it is going to be similar to the F10.

I know the F10 is:
9Jx20 ET34
10Jx20 ET34
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #2
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

The F10 offsets are actually 32mm front and 34mm rear.

The F90 is 28mm front and rear for the 20" option and weirdly 26mm front and 28mm rear for the 19" option.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 06:13 PM   #3
bumplin
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
The F90 is 28mm front and rear for the 20" option and weirdly 26mm front and 28mm rear for the 19" option.
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get these numbers? TBH I dont think they make much sense. The offsets are too aggressive for 9.5/10.5J wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1279
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumplin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
The F90 is 28mm front and rear for the 20" option and weirdly 26mm front and 28mm rear for the 19" option.
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get these numbers? TBH I dont think they make much sense. The offsets are too aggressive for 9.5/10.5J wheels.
Those are correct

PCD 5x112 CB66.56

Front: 19x9.5 ET26; 20x9.5 ET28; 19x9.5 ET26 (winter EH2+ bead profile)

Rear: 19x10.5 ET28; 20x10.5 ET28; 19x9.5 ET26 (winter EH2+ bead profile)

F90 is rather aggressive with the fitment out of the box. In service diameter in the front is close to the scrub radius limit while the rear uses up every legal millimeter and then some through the addition of arch extensions extending out over the factory rolled wheel well.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #5
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumplin View Post
Thanks for sharing. Where did you get these numbers? TBH I dont think they make much sense. The offsets are too aggressive for 9.5/10.5J wheels.

The F06/12/13 M6 is 19mm offset on the rear 10.5" wheel options. It comes down to hub location compared to fender location. In the M6 the hub is massively moved inwards compared to the 640i, 650i, 640d and B6 as they have a number of differences - I think mainly the hub was changed.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Those are correct

PCD 5x112 CB66.56

Front: 19x9.5 ET26; 20x9.5 ET28; 19x9.5 ET26 (winter EH2+ bead profile)

Rear: 19x10.5 ET28; 20x10.5 ET28; 19x9.5 ET26 (winter EH2+ bead profile)

F90 is rather aggressive with the fitment out of the box. In service diameter in the front is close to the scrub radius limit while the rear uses up every legal millimeter and then some through the addition of arch extensions extending out over the factory rolled wheel well.
So I'm guessing the CP won't have a different size wheel or tyre package then.

Are the current 20" wheels forged? I tracked down the weight of the front 19" wheel at 13kg which is quite heavy when compared to F80/F10/F13 forged options
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #7
neohh
Lieutenant
165
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

I just ordered my M5 today (my first Bimmer!), very excited. I have the wheels from my previous Audi S4 and would like to know if it will fit the F90 M5 as I plan to use it as my winter rims.

Forgestar F14 19 x 9.0 +40 offset all around.

Last edited by neohh; 02-24-2018 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #8
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohh View Post
I just ordered my M5 today (my first Bimmer!), very excited. I have the wheels from my previous Audi S4 and would like to know if it will fit the F90 M5 as I plan to use it as my winter rims.

Forgestar F14 19 x 9.0 +40 offset all around.
They might do with a big enough spacer. Caliper clearance will be an issue and you won't be able to find anything concrete until you actually try it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
bumplin
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohh View Post
I just ordered my M5 today (my first Bimmer!), very excited. I have the wheels from my previous Audi S4 and would like to know if it will fit the F90 M5 as I plan to use it as my winter rims.

Forgestar F14 19 x 9.0 +40 offset all around.
theoretically impossible without spacers
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1279
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
So I'm guessing the CP won't have a different size wheel or tyre package then.

Are the current 20" wheels forged? I tracked down the weight of the front 19" wheel at 13kg which is quite heavy when compared to F80/F10/F13 forged options
Wouldn't rule out a +1 width for 7MA/MPerf just yet. There's some subtle hints as to changes incorporated that provide the necessary clearance.

All 3 wheel options available right now are cast (19" Square Winter, 19" Staggered, 20" Staggered).
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #11
Demon Barber
First Lieutenant
86
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Any thoughts on fitment using F10 M5 343 wheels?

Front wheels: 20x9" ET34
Rear wheels: 20x10" ET34

I already have a winter tire and rim setup with these, and would love to use them on the new F90.

I wonder what the chances are of the old tire pressure sensors being recognized by the new M5.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #12
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1279
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Any thoughts on fitment using F10 M5 343 wheels?

Front wheels: 20x9" ET34
Rear wheels: 20x10" ET34

I already have a winter tire and rim setup with these, and would love to use them on the new F90.

I wonder what the chances are of the old tire pressure sensors being recognized by the new M5.
Different bolt pattern.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 09:30 PM   #13
Demon Barber
First Lieutenant
86
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Different bolt pattern.
Please elaborate
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 09:54 PM   #14
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1279
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Different bolt pattern.
Please elaborate
F10 is 5x120, F90 is 5x112.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 11:09 PM   #15
Demon Barber
First Lieutenant
86
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Well that's disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

The only BMWs with that pattern are the G11/12 7 series, G01/02 X3/X4 and G32 6 series as well as obviously the G30 5 series.

All new launches will be 5x112.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #17
neohh
Lieutenant
165
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Will this fitment works?

Front: 20 x 10 ET 30
Rear: 20 x 10.5 ET 30
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #18
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1279
Rep
2,303
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neohh View Post
Will this fitment works?

Front: 20 x 10 ET 30
Rear: 20 x 10.5 ET 30
With what tires? The offsets are kinda odd for aesthetics tbh.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 12:58 PM   #19
neohh
Lieutenant
165
Rep
454
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
With what tires? The offsets are kinda odd for aesthetics tbh.
What do you recommend for 20s rim and tires? Can you still do stagger with awd?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 01:09 AM   #20
alpinefrenchfry
New Member
2
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

would anyone be able to let me know if a 19 x 9.5 et25 would work in a square setup? I know the new bmw winter setup is et26, but not sure whether this would be cutting it close at the rear given oem is et28.

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 01:31 AM   #21
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
690
Rep
1,748
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinefrenchfry View Post
would anyone be able to let me know if a 19 x 9.5 et25 would work in a square setup? I know the new bmw winter setup is et26, but not sure whether this would be cutting it close at the rear given oem is et28.

cheers!
Im sure youd be fine with 265 or 275 wide tyres all round
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 02:18 AM   #22
alpinefrenchfry
New Member
2
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I’m sure you’d be fine with 265 or 275 wide tyres all round
I'm not so concerned with the tire as i am with the offset.

There's not a lot of cheap wheels available on the market at the 26mm offset and I'm trying to figure out whether I can use ones at the 25mm offset without hitting brakes, etc. There's more wheels in the et30 so not sure whether those will work too.

unfortunately, bmw is all out of stock of the winter tire setup and I'm trying to hack something together before the snow starts falling
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 AM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST