BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #23
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lips View Post
That pic is hot, I will be ordering my 135 shortly with AW, black leatherette and sport package. $36,675 MSRP. I don't need all the frills as long as I have the 300hp TT engine.

Lips
Damn, that's what I'm ordering. AW w/ sports package, black leatherette (since it appears that BMW isn't offering tan ette). I don't suppose you're getting the aluminum trim too. Don't do it, you know you want the gray poplar :tongue:
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #24
ibeam81
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII M235i, 2004 Acura TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
I cant wait to drive a 135!!
Me too! It should be a banner day.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #25
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

I have driven a 328i with leatherette and I couldn't tell the difference the first day until I realized it's leatherette. Then I started looking closer at it closer. The more I look the more it feels like vinyl or plastic and the more uncomfortable I got. Is the stitching real or it's fake. Am I getting hot because the seat is not breathable? I think it will bug me. I am getting the leather.

I am very sad with the pricing. I was hoping it would be free. Now I will have to find another car. Can't believe BMW actually want money for this car ;-)
      11-18-2007, 01:36 AM   #26
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
By the way, regarding premium package items, I have (and could do without):
  • Power seats (you get more headroom)
  • Lumbar support (never needed/used it yet)
  • Digital Compass (I know if I'm on 95N or 95S, thank you)
  • Folding exterior mirrors (never used beyond the first few 'check ME out' times)
  • Ambiance lighting (fluff)
  • Universal Garage Door Opener (not too universal - doesn't work with mine)
I do want the dimming rearview mirror and Bluetooth (and possibly the leather). However you cannot get the mirror separately. It only mentions dimming exterior mirrors and a digital compass rearview mirror. I hope the dimming rearview mirror is std. If so, that's the deal clencher for not getting ZPP.
The big one for me is Bluetooth, I think its a must. If the 135i comes with the oil cooler standard, I might skip on theh sport pack. And go prem pack only, AW, and install shadow line trim later as an accessory.

I know what you're saying about the universal door opener. I tried for hours the day I got my 5, could not program the damn thing, I gave up. Tried it three months later with some better advance and it works perfect. It is like no other car when programming, especially when you have a roaming-code opener like mine.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #27
investor27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3 M40i

What's a shadow line trim? Any pictures of it?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 07:34 PM   #28
imported_werke
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by investor27 View Post
What's a shadow line trim? Any pictures of it?
Shadowline trim is the black window trim that comes with the sports package (as opposed to the chrome trim).
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 07:43 PM   #29
imported_werke
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
By the way, regarding premium package items, I have (and could do without):
  • Power seats (you get more headroom)
  • Lumbar support (never needed/used it yet)
  • Digital Compass (I know if I'm on 95N or 95S, thank you)
  • Folding exterior mirrors (never used beyond the first few 'check ME out' times)
  • Ambiance lighting (fluff)
  • Universal Garage Door Opener (not too universal - doesn't work with mine)
I have the premium package on my 325i. I agree with many of the points above. It is nice, but I don't use anything on a regular basis ... I will probably skip it on my 1-series to save some money.

If I get the 135i, I could even do without the sport package, since it already comes with the special suspension and wheels. I have never sat in non-sport seats, though. Are the sport seats that much better? They look nicer, but I may just save myself another grand by skipping the sport package if I get the 135i instead of the 128i.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 08:21 PM   #30
IvtecEM
#1 Addict
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I have driven a 328i with leatherette and I couldn't tell the difference the first day until I realized it's leatherette. Then I started looking closer at it closer. The more I look the more it feels like vinyl or plastic and the more uncomfortable I got. Is the stitching real or it's fake. Am I getting hot because the seat is not breathable? I think it will bug me. I am getting the leather.

I am very sad with the pricing. I was hoping it would be free. Now I will have to find another car. Can't believe BMW actually want money for this car ;-)

Sorry your not getting the car, but I thought about the same until I made a choice to get Aftermarket leather recaros that are going to be much nicer and cheaper.
      11-25-2007, 06:51 AM   #31
manj
E90s DJ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 323i

how much is full spec 135i With all features under the sun inside of it?
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2007, 07:17 AM   #32
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
Can't believe BMW actually want money for this car ;-)
Goodbye.