BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Dyno results for Noelle Tune

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #23
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
I sent you a DM on instagram but figured I respond here as well. You are right. No one has posted any dragy times here. Maybe they were upset with the results or embarrassed but we really haven't seen a valid dragy from someone with this tune. The one guy who posted times was having issues with his transmission. I have sent him a few PM's asking to get a ride in his car but I am not sure if he has resolved his issue. I feel like this is why someone else (someone else being me) has to take one for the team to either confirm these claims or show that this tune can't break a 7 sec 60-130 with just software.

Like I said I have done a lot of reading on the forums studying all the different tunes. Your post on the Evolve Stage 2 tune was really eye opening. If I didn't have such an issue with passing emissions here in Mass I would probably have gone that route with some MSR intakes and downpipes.

There is a part of me that agrees with you. How in the world are they making this much power with just a TUNE no hardware on stock motor? We have four great tuners out there who have gotten incredible results but most of them require downpipes in order to make the power Noelle is claiming. There is the other part of me that is saying what if the performance numbers are legit and it can crack off mid 6 sec 60-130 numbers on pump. I will be amped and be satisfied for that level of power for at least a little while.

The great thing about modding is we try different options to see what yields the best results. You guys have definitely made me second guess this decision but now I feel like this forum really needs these numbers for better or worse. I already own a dragy and don't have to go buy one or wait for it to be delivered. I had to move my appointment out a week but won't respond to this thread until I have actual dragy times to post.

I hope I can still take you up on getting me that discount if the performance numbers are junk and I end up needing to go the Evolve route.
So if you don't understand how they're making so much power without bolt-ons... and neither does anyone else... and they've posted no credible evidence... and everyone that's tried has reported nothing... and the forums show evidence of the "bullshit" that underlies this, why on earth are you prepared to be a guinea pig with something that entirely "shitcans" your warranty as part of the package?

Last week, I put my 1-day old M8 Comp GC on the jack as a guinea pig for never-before-tried suspension mods *because* the product and the installer have exceptional reputations and history--with Noelle, you have neither and yet...

So why? // yup, I'm still suspicious

Last edited by limeypride; 03-25-2020 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 07:37 PM   #24
F90BSM5
Private
41
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 2018 F90 M5
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Detroit, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
Looks like Noelle Performance just posted dyno graphs on their facebook page. I know this may not be good as dragy times. But these numbers are very impressive! I made an appointment to get my M5C flashed with their software this coming Monday.





Save yourself and your car and go with DME tuning. Leave the numbers alone. Nobody can compete with DME tuning and nobody has more knowledge and research and results than them.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #25
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F90BSM5 View Post
Save yourself and your car and go with DME tuning. Leave the numbers alone. Nobody can compete with DME tuning and nobody has more knowledge and research and results than them.
Not remotely true... not even close. Data, not opinions and bias. But agreed, they have a great rep... I'm just not finding any data.

Can you point me toward the results you're referring to (I already looked on Dragy)?

// against Noelle, though--then yeah, go with anyone else but Noelle... but your claims, while not as absurd as the Noelle fiction, are equally empty without data to back them... and I can't find any.

Last edited by limeypride; 03-25-2020 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 08:50 PM   #26
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

Draggy
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:47 PM   #27
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Draggy
That's Dra'g'y.

Thanks for the effort, dude! Sheesh: I looked on Dragy--very little; DME-only-ECU-tune (with no bolt-ons) lost every performance metric against my JB4-only M5C. and against my JB4-only M8C GC:
  • 0-60 = 2.57s
  • 1/4 mile = 10.33s

// EDIT: forgot to mention, on pump gas + 6oz of BOOSTane on full 20 gallon tank.

You?

Last edited by limeypride; 03-25-2020 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 09:59 PM   #28
Hockeytyme
Captain
Hockeytyme's Avatar
498
Rep
746
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5C
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, CA.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
I sent you a DM on instagram but figured I respond here as well. You are right. No one has posted any dragy times here. Maybe they were upset with the results or embarrassed but we really haven't seen a valid dragy from someone with this tune. The one guy who posted times was having issues with his transmission. I have sent him a few PM's asking to get a ride in his car but I am not sure if he has resolved his issue. I feel like this is why someone else (someone else being me) has to take one for the team to either confirm these claims or show that this tune can't break a 7 sec 60-130 with just software.

Like I said I have done a lot of reading on the forums studying all the different tunes. Your post on the Evolve Stage 2 tune was really eye opening. If I didn't have such an issue with passing emissions here in Mass I would probably have gone that route with some MSR intakes and downpipes.

There is a part of me that agrees with you. How in the world are they making this much power with just a TUNE no hardware on stock motor? We have four great tuners out there who have gotten incredible results but most of them require downpipes in order to make the power Noelle is claiming. There is the other part of me that is saying what if the performance numbers are legit and it can crack off mid 6 sec 60-130 numbers on pump. I will be amped and be satisfied for that level of power for at least a little while.

The great thing about modding is we try different options to see what yields the best results. You guys have definitely made me second guess this decision but now I feel like this forum really needs these numbers for better or worse. I already own a dragy and don't have to go buy one or wait for it to be delivered. I had to move my appointment out a week but won't respond to this thread until I have actual dragy times to post.

I hope I can still take you up on getting me that discount if the performance numbers are junk and I end up needing to go the Evolve route.
I'll tell you like a did the last couple guys. I really hope someone is willing to spend the extra money and test them out and post real numbers here. I only warn you guys that everyone that jumped off that cliff without a parachute died and if I would you I would start to believe that we humans can't fly. :P The last few guys failed including the one I met here locally. Everyone has an excuse and the one was a complete troll.

I think a mid to high 6 would be pretty impressive although to match their claims it should even be faster. 2.2 0-60 claim is absurd even if they are using a 1ft rollout I wouldn't believe it.

Being that you have strict emission laws then I could see why you are willing to test the tune. We too have them but the cars are good for the first 4 or 5 years I think before the first test.

Yes, Evolve has put up great numbers as has DME and JB4 for me. I would recommend any of them.
__________________
DME: 1848 DA 0-60 2.42 -- 1/8 Mile 6.38 -- 1/4 Mile 9.89 -- 60-130 5.91
Evolve: 1418 DA 0-60 2.48 -- 1/8 Mile 6.47 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.48
JB4: 1096 DA 0-60 2.54 -- 1/8 Mile 6.50 -- 1/4 Mile 10.05 -- 60-130 6.18
IG: @hockeytyme All runs on street with no prep on 21 inch wheels and PS4S tires
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #29
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
So if you don't understand how they're making so much power without bolt-ons... and neither does anyone else... and they've posted no credible evidence... and everyone that's tried has reported nothing... and the forums show evidence of the "bullshit" that underlies this, why on earth are you prepared to be a guinea pig with something that entirely "shitcans" your warranty as part of the package?
mr_dennis_s So...?

"I was temporarily gullible but I've regained my senses" is a fine answer!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 10:52 PM   #30
mr_dennis_s
Enlisted Member
United_States
5
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 19 M5C
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
mr_dennis_s So...?

"I was temporarily gullible but I've regained my senses" is a fine answer!

Yes we agree... I don't understand how they are making that type of power with just software. But just because we don't understand, does that mean it is not possible? Some dragy numbers will help prove either way.

Me personally, I thought the dyno they posted was credible. I get dyno numbers can be manipulated but I didn't think that MTO Engineering had any affiliation with with Noelle but I am not positive.

You guys may be right and you will have every right to tell me I told you so. Not too worried about my warranty because if I went with DME or Evolve I was looking at voiding my warranty anyways. My main reason for choosing this route is if I can make that power and not worry about upgrading downpipes it is worth a shot to not deal with emissions headaches each year.

I won't be afraid to post the numbers good or bad. I will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 06:33 AM   #31
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Draggy
That's Dra'g'y.

Thanks for the effort, dude! Sheesh: I looked on Dragy--very little; DME-only-ECU-tune (with no bolt-ons) lost every performance metric against my JB4-only M5C. and against my JB4-only M8C GC:
  • 0-60 = 2.57s
  • 1/4 mile = 10.33s

// EDIT: forgot to mention, on pump gas + 6oz of BOOSTane on full 20 gallon tank.

You?
Who knows what boost levels your running on the JB4. Not exactly a fair comparison since your simply toggle the JB4 boost to obtain whatever times you desire (whether safely or not).

The standard / consumer version of the DME Stage 1 tune is not particularly powerful. However, for the M5C Stage 2 I believe they hold two of the best times on dragy for the 60-130 (sub 6s).

On straight 93 (no boostane) I've done 6.74 w/o a TCU tune on a 82 degree day in Florida (it has more in it). This is on safe boost levels targeting only 20-21psi. I believe there is DMe dragy time of 6.94 posted recently with just a tune, no bolt ons, and on pump fuel (no boostane)

Pretty impressive if you ask me. Plus it's plug and play with no endless toggling to "fine tune" the Jb4, which came be a pain for those who don't feel like spending countless day's fine tuning the jb4 settings.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #32
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

What is your 60-130 on jb4 only pump (no boostane)? And state your boost settings
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 07:28 AM   #33
jackass
Enlisted Member
19
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: M5
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_dennis_s View Post
I had to move my appointment out a week but won't respond to this thread until I have actual dragy times to post.

Hahhah, always something...
Appreciate 1
limeypride1348.50

      03-26-2020, 10:54 AM   #34
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
What is your 60-130 on jb4 only pump (no boostane)? And state your boost settings
Awww, you asked so nicely, so no—I don't feel like helping you. You answer my questions first, then maybe I will. Or you could follow your own advice and look on Dragy. And my map 6 setup has been posted numerous times.

Speaking of: where's the 1/4 mile data? I can't find it either on Dragy or with a quick google—this should be easy; it's the established benchmark and yet...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:57 AM   #35
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
<snip> since your simply toggle the JB4 boost to obtain whatever times you desire (whether safely or not).
I know it's safe. Terry Burger knows since he reviewed my logs. The car is happy which we know through extensive and incremental logging. The community knows... because I've posted all of it, and so should you know if you did any research in said community... which I know you did.

This setup is also my daily driver—not some risky unicorn configuration. I have over 30,000 miles on the setup which, I think, speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Who knows what boost levels your running on the JB4. Not exactly a fair comparison<snip>
I love it--now the JB4 is "unfair" because it does more... hahahaha that's a good one. Stop making excuses, do you even hear yourself... just post some data and I'll gladly shut up and accept defeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Draggy
That's Dra'g'y. And thanks for the effort in your response, sheesh!

I looked on Dragy--found very little. What I did find, DME-only-ECU-tune (with no bolt-ons) lost on the launch, the 1/8th and the 1/4 performance metrics against my JB4-only M5C. and against my JB4-only M8C GC:
  • 0-60 = 2.57s (farm road; pump + BOOSTane)
  • 1/4 mile = 10.33s (as above)

// EDIT: forgot to mention, pump gas is 92 + 6oz of BOOSTane on full 20 gallon tank.

Like I said, I'm expecting the ECU tune to win out in the end but where's the apples data? [/QUOTE]

Last edited by limeypride; 03-26-2020 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #36
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

What is your 60-130 times
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 01:54 PM   #37
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
What is your 60-130 times
Can you read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Awww, you asked so nicely, so no—I don't feel like helping you. You answer my questions first, then maybe I will. Or you could follow your own advice and look on Dragy. And my map 6 setup has been posted numerous times. .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #38
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

Or how about I just look them up:

So the below is your 60-130 time on JB4 with 92 pump octane no mods ...

DME car on 93 pump did 6.95
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #39
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

Here's is another time by you which I assume is on map 6 with aggressive fuel

Again DME time flash is about 6.95 on pump

Evidence
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:36 PM   #40
JBA87
Second Lieutenant
21
Rep
241
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M5
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Palm beach gardens

iTrader: (0)

Plus your on an almost 1% downward slope

Now I'm not downplaying JB4. It's a great tool!

And impressive for $900 investment

But DMe and evolves tunes from a 60-130, which are more consistent and less dependent on road conditions are very jmprsssive
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #41
shoei
Colonel
shoei's Avatar
3191
Rep
2,171
Posts

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Peeing in your garden

iTrader: (3)

Oh fuck no, not again with this Nigerian prince needs to send you a large check if you'll just cash it for him and keep a small cut...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:54 PM   #42
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Here's is another time by you which I assume is on map 6 with aggressive fuel

Again DME time flash is about 6.95 on pump

Evidence
You assume a lot; you ignore data that doesn't support your case; you don't provide supporting data for your claims.

You haven't posted your 1/4 mile times or launch times. Why is that? And I couldn't find anyone with a DME tune above me on the Dragy leaderboard--your subjective claims are empty.

Consider how everybody else here should interpret *your* lack of data... I think you know how they'll interpret it.

Here's my data--note that the time's reflect the same map 6 setup that I've driven with on 2 x F90s for over 28,000 miles combined and an M8 for 2,000 miles: this is my daily driver setup--nothing special.

My 60-130 (pre-map 6 days, too):
Name:  file.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  67.1 KB

My 1/4 mile (map 6):
Name:  IMG_3058.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  72.9 KB

My launch (map 6):
Name:  file3.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  66.9 KB

Last edited by limeypride; 03-26-2020 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:57 PM   #43
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Plus your on an almost 1% downward slope

Now I'm not downplaying JB4. It's a great tool!

And impressive for $900 investment

But DMe and evolves tunes from a 60-130, which are more consistent and less dependent on road conditions are very jmprsssive
I'm finished dismissing your empty claims.

We agree that DME have a great reputation--so that's something... and something I stated upfront.

Anyway, post some data or don't... but the don't will speak volumes. You don't get to pick and choose which runs or assessment criteria represent a result.

Last edited by limeypride; 03-26-2020 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 02:58 PM   #44
limeypride
Lieutenant Colonel
limeypride's Avatar
United_States
1349
Rep
1,940
Posts

Drives: 2020 M8 Competition GC
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Oh fuck no, not again with this Nigerian prince needs to send you a large check if you'll just cash it for him and keep a small cut...
SHOEI! You're alive... I was getting worried.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.




m5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST