BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Project Gamma Warning

11-11-2022, 04:48 PM   #133
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by serhat06 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derosnec View Post
You have a marketing team but your the one who replied and blocked me on instagram? Odd…also what kind of owner doesn't even know who runs their marketing team???
yes marketing, not customer service
Lol. Bro. MASSIVE FAIL.
      11-17-2022, 09:34 PM   #134
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Yes, they prototype (PG may have worked with RK for that), send to China for manufacturing, where it then gets copied and eventually copies of copies that American and other companies buy and mark up and sell to you. Years ago, I helped XS Power prototype some BMW exhaust parts and it was not long before copies were being sold. Hard to patent an intake or exhaust pipe.

Dinan does not own any factories in China or have staff on the ground there (though I think Dinan does a decent job at quality control). Apple does. But even Apple owns very little manufacturing. Most is outsourced. What separates the good companies from the rest is quality control and customer service and it makes sense to try to buy from the companies that are good at both if it is a part likely to need servicing. I don’t see any need to spend $3500 on downpipes when the $600 ones do the same job just as reliably.
100% agree. And thats also part of the big issue with PG in this thread.

They claim they have a patent, or made reference they had a patent and developed the intake. Pretty clear they don't have a patent. Did they design and develop the intake? Doubtful.

Theres a huge difference between outsourcing manufacturing, vs simply white labeling a random cheap product and claiming it as your own. And you're correct the difference between good and bad companies is exactly what you stated, if indeed they developed and designed the intake. Even if it's white labeled, you can still develop a successful business/company with that strategy. I have nothing against white labeling. But again, that is VERY different than outsourcing your own product to be manufactured by foreign manufactures that have the bandwidth and facilities to produce your products.

To me, it's pretty clear thats NOT whats going on with PG. The verbiage from PG, and the other fakes, or alibaba is the same. The placement of the silk screened logos is the same. The photos are even the same with a photo shop PG logo.

Then theres the Chinese boxes, shipped to PG referenced by someone. The PG metal badges waiting to be affixed to the Chinese downpipes.

Outsourcing, typically would have outsourced packaging and branding as well as the item itself. Not just a cheap cardboard box shipped from china to "project gamma". Because it is indeed your own product, just made by a different company. PG is buying someone else's product and labeling it as their own. Which is also OK, but the lies, and treatment of their clients is not ok. Thats the issue.

Again, since PG went silent, they could debunk this quite easily if they wanted, but they chose not to.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2022, 09:42 PM   #135
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
Quote:
Yes, they prototype (PG may have worked with RK for that), send to China for manufacturing, where it then gets copied and eventually copies of copies that American and other companies buy and mark up and sell to you. Years ago, I helped XS Power prototype some BMW exhaust parts and it was not long before copies were being sold. Hard to patent an intake or exhaust pipe.

Dinan does not own any factories in China or have staff on the ground there (though I think Dinan does a decent job at quality control). Apple does. But even Apple owns very little manufacturing. Most is outsourced. What separates the good companies from the rest is quality control and customer service and it makes sense to try to buy from the companies that are good at both if it is a part likely to need servicing. I don't see any need to spend $3500 on downpipes when the $600 ones do the same job just as reliably.

They claim they have a patent, or made reference they had a patent and developed the intake. Pretty clear they don't have a patent. Did they design and develop the intake? Doubtful.

Theres a huge difference between outsourcing manufacturing, vs simply white labeling a random cheap product and claiming it as your own. And you're correct the difference between good and bad companies is exactly what you stated, if indeed they developed and designed the intake. Even if it's white labeled, you can still develop a successful business/company with that strategy. I have nothing against white labeling. But again, that is VERY different than outsourcing your own product to be manufactured by foreign manufactures that have the bandwidth and facilities to produce your products.

To me, it's pretty clear thats NOT whats going on with PG. The verbiage from PG, and the other fakes, or alibaba is the same. The placement of the silk screened logos is the same. The photos are even the same with a photo shop PG logo.

Then theres the Chinese boxes, shipped to PG referenced by someone. The PG metal badges waiting to be affixed to the Chinese downpipes.

Outsourcing, typically would have outsourced packaging and branding as well as the item itself. Not just a cheap cardboard box shipped from china to "project gamma". Because it is indeed your own product, just made by a different company. PG is buying someone else's product and labeling it as their own. Which is also OK, but the lies, and treatment of their clients is not ok. Thats the issue.

Again, since PG went silent, they could debunk this quite easily if they wanted, but they chose not to.
Because there's nothing to debunk. The forum and you did all the debunking.

EDIT — Your outsourced manufacturing vs. white label point is very cogent and accurate.
MNoob1539.50
      11-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #136
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Well, FWIW, I was feeling nice tonight , so I was attempting to give the illusion that MAYBE just maybe, they could step up and show contrary evidence. If so, I would HAPPILY and publicly eat my words. Admit I was 100% incorrect...... BUUUUT.... ya know... we'll see. It was my last ditch effort to give PG the benefit of a doubt... I don't know why I care to give them that benefit? With that said, there's very little doubt in my mind that i'm wrong.

Not to mention.... Im sure it pisses PG right off to keep bumping this thread to the top. Maybe I make it my mission every week to bump it right back up. LMAO...
Appreciate 2
      11-17-2022, 10:38 PM   #137
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Well, FWIW, I was feeling nice tonight , so I was attempting to give the illusion that MAYBE just maybe, they could step up and show contrary evidence. If so, I would HAPPILY and publicly eat my words. Admit I was 100% incorrect...... BUUUUT.... ya know... we'll see. It was my last ditch effort to give PG the benefit of a doubt... I don't know why I care to give them that benefit? With that said, there's very little doubt in my mind that i'm wrong.

Not to mention.... Im sure it pisses PG right off to keep bumping this thread to the top. Maybe I make it my mission every week to bump it right back up. LMAO...
To the top!
      11-18-2022, 07:51 AM   #138
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Just last week I was warning a member on the Facebook BMW F90 M5 Owners Group not to buy PG intakes. I even linked this threat for them to see. This guy named TJ that works for Pure Performance in Houston called us all clowns lol Isn't PG based off Houston?
Anyways, one of the intake options I was considering was PG, but after seeing this threat, it is no longer an option.
Appreciate 2
EM5C540.00
      11-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #139
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Dinan does not own any factories in China or have staff on the ground there (though I think Dinan does a decent job at quality control). Apple does. But even Apple owns very little manufacturing. Most is outsourced. What separates the good companies from the rest is quality control and customer service and it makes sense to try to buy from the companies that are good at both if it is a part likely to need servicing. I don't see any need to spend $3500 on downpipes when the $600 ones do the same job just as reliably.

Word. It's been debunked, and cannot be rebunked.
      11-18-2022, 04:04 PM   #140
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
I shared this thread to a few of their sponsored ads on Facebook.

The owner messaged me to talk to me, I promptly blocked him.

Now they've removed the ability to comment on their advertisements.

Pathetic.
Appreciate 4
      11-18-2022, 05:19 PM   #141
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
I shared this thread to a few of their sponsored ads on Facebook.

The owner messaged me to talk to me, I promptly blocked him.

Now they've removed the ability to comment on their advertisements.

Pathetic.
"I promptly blocked him."

A taste of his own medicine! 🖐️
boost3dx585.50
      11-18-2022, 08:54 PM   #142
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoob View Post
Word. It's been debunked, and cannot be rebunked.
So much bunking going on. It's like a bunk party it feels like!

You get a bunk, you get a bunk, you get a bunk! Everyone gets a bunk!
Appreciate 2
MNoob1539.50
      11-18-2022, 10:07 PM   #143
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
In case this couldn't get more comedic, this really is from PG's website:

"We wanted to bring innovation…not just up-charge like other brands for less options and lower quality."

"We have internal development…"

Attached Images

11-19-2022, 10:32 AM   #144
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:

"We wanted to bring innovation…not just up-charge like other brands for less options and lower quality."

They are a joke. Good for the people who were pleased with their products/service. But PG should go belly up for all their sketchy antics. We have plenty of scammers in the classified section, don't need one with a website 😂
Appreciate 2
      11-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #145
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
Quote:

They are a joke. Good for the people who were pleased with their products/service. But PG should go belly up for all their sketchy antics. We have plenty of scammers in the classified section, don't need one with a website 😂
Agree 100%! The more I look into it, the more egregious their entire operation is.
      11-19-2022, 02:53 PM   #146
will0621
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5c, 20 X3MC, 20 X5 40i

These threads remind me of how great old school forums like this are. It’s not like Facebook, Instagram, or google where companies can just delete or restrict comments, and the customer doesn’t get to see red flags. Even places like reddit promote echo chambers where you only see the most upvoted comments unless you know what you're doing. If we didn’t have fellow car enthusiasts being able to share their experiences in a neutral environment such as this, we would continue to buy from such deceiving companies.

Last edited by will0621; 11-19-2022 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 9
      11-19-2022, 07:52 PM   #147
Littierally
Be Present
Rep
Drives: F10 M5C, F90 M5CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkishM5C View Post
Just last week I was warning a member on the Facebook BMW F90 M5 Owners Group not to buy PG intakes. I even linked this threat for them to see. This guy named TJ that works for Pure Performance in Houston called us all clowns lol Isn't PG based off Houston?
Anyways, one of the intake options I was considering was PG, but after seeing this threat, it is no longer an option.
It is well-known that TJ at PP is equal-to-or-bigger of a douche than Sam at PG. They’re probably best buddies.

Google TJ Talal Obeid Pure Performance. There’s a FB group dedicated to how much of a hack he is.
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2022, 07:16 AM   #148
DarkishM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 Dark Graphite M5C

Garage List
2023 M5C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littierally View Post
It is well-known that TJ at PP is equal-to-or-bigger of a douche than Sam at PG. They’re probably best buddies.

Google TJ Talal Obeid Pure Performance. There’s a FB group dedicated to how much of a hack he is.
Oh wow, I did not know that.

Edited: I looked him up. If he did the stuff mentioned in the FB group and reviews, TJ may be worse than Sam.

Last edited by DarkishM5C; 11-21-2022 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2022, 02:54 PM   #149
H1R4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi A7

You guys who are running PG's especially their filters may want to check your turbo turbines for damage. A lot of UK guys have had damage on the blades due to the filters on the PG
Appreciate 2
      11-21-2022, 06:03 PM   #150
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1R4 View Post
You guys who are running PG's especially their filters may want to check your turbo turbines for damage. A lot of UK guys have had damage on the blades due to the filters on the PG
OUCH.....

That not good.... I can see it now in on the top floor of the Project Gamma corporate head quarters...

Serhat to his big corporate leadership team:
"Get our R&D director in here asap! We have a big problem on our hands"

RD Director (this guy doesn't exist BTW, nor does the headquarters):
"yes, i heard, Serhat, we could have a big issue on our... ummm, nevermind.... We can just blame BMW and their turbos for being too powerful, ya, thats it... the turbos, that'll work. No one will ever know... or just blame the customers who probably damaged the turbine blades of the several thousand dollar turbos on purpose! They all did it to get new $8.00 air filters on purpose, they're all against us, I knew it!"

Serhat:
"yes, I knew I hired you for a reason, seeeeee little wise one? this is why I never gave the one guy a new filter from the forum... Had I done that, I would have set a precedent that anyone and everyone just gets free filters whenever they want"

Serhat to the leadership team:
"Get the social media director in here ASAP!!! BLOCK EVERYONE!! NOW!!! HURRY! GO!, block block block block"
Appreciate 4
EM5C540.00
euro*1659.00
      11-21-2022, 07:01 PM   #151
EM5C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1R4 View Post
OUCH.....

That not good.... I can see it now in on the top floor of the Project Gamma corporate head quarters...

Serhat to his big corporate leadership team:
"Get our R&D director in here asap! We have a big problem on our hands"

RD Director (this guy doesn't exist BTW, nor does the headquarters):
"yes, i heard, Serhat, we could have a big issue on our... ummm, nevermind.... We can just blame BMW and their turbos for being too powerful, ya, thats it... the turbos, that'll work. No one will ever know... or just blame the customers who probably damaged the turbine blades of the several thousand dollar turbos on purpose! They all did it to get new $8.00 air filters on purpose, they're all against us, I knew it!"

Serhat:
"yes, I knew I hired you for a reason, seeeeee little wise one? this is why I never gave the one guy a new filter from the forum... Had I done that, I would have set a precedent that anyone and everyone just gets free filters whenever they want"

Serhat to the leadership team:
"Get the social media director in here ASAP!!! BLOCK EVERYONE!! NOW!!! HURRY! GO!, block block block block"
I think PG memes need to happen 😂
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #152
n33d4speed
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [0.00]
2003 BMW E53 X5  [0.00]
2001 BMW E46 325CI ...  [0.00]
2018 BMW M5  [0.00]
Saw this on FB. Probably same AliBabba supplier.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-21-2022, 09:10 PM   #153
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n33d4speed View Post
Saw this on FB. Probably same AliBabba supplier.
No, thats the new prototype Project Gamma intake tube. Its new. I promise. Upgraded air filter housing, its shipping damage proof. So if any are damaged, they know for sure it wasn't them... It's really good. Good gains, awesome, really really strong air filter housing, and great customer service. G-Venturi, is the new branding.

Nothing to see here everyone, move along...
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2022, 09:18 PM   #154
jnotrom711
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2019 G63 AMG  [0.00]
2019 M5 Comp  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM5C View Post
I think PG memes need to happen 😂
Just think of all the money we all save on our $100,000-$140,000.00 cars by fleecing Project Gamma for free filters.

By my estimation, I can trash my turbo by throwing little particles in the intake tube (because there is NO way the PG filters could be defective, I know this, because Serhat told me they do R&D, duh), ill blame it on PG, and they'll send me a free filter or 2. If I do this at least 2-maybe 300 times, I'll have made my money back from trashing the turbo. I think... 🤔
Appreciate 1