BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    M5 CS vs Taycan Turbo Variants

10-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #23
APARSHr35
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M / 2016 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
My brother has a Plaid. Despite the torque, it feels like driving a lead weight. M5 feels far more nimble.
They are cool, but not for me. There is a youtube guy called Joe Knows Best and it's really funny, he seems to have almost identical taste in cars as me. He recently got a plaid and hated it and sold it in like 1 month. We both bought RS6 Avants last year and did not like them. I think he gave it a better chance than me and even did some mods. I'm guessing he has not gotten a CS yet because of his experience with the RS6 Avant. I was worried i wouldnt like it based on the V8TT + ZF trans being the same as the RS6A, but completely different feeling car.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 05:02 AM   #24
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by APARSHr35 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Hello,

What type of test drive did you perform to compare the cars? Were these drives on highways, roads around the dealership with speed limits less than 50 mph, twisty roads?
Twisty roads for both. Did not take the CS on the freeway, was lucky enough to be near some backroads where you can push the car a bit. I took the M5 Base on both twisty backroads and the freeway.

Just in case it matters.

I test drove a 992 Turbo S about 8 months ago. Did not like it. It felt slow for regular driving as funny as that sounds. No character. I think if it had an aftermarket exaust i would have liked it better. I had just sold my 991.2 GT3 RS so i suppose i prefer the track feel even in my daily. I LOVED my GT3 RS. I'm not sad i sold it though.

I also drove the Taycan Turbo S on both sideroads and freeway. I've gotta admit, it was impressive. Really great feeling car all around.
That is strange the Turbo S felt slow to you. Was that a 992 Turbo S? Maybe because it is more refined than the GT3 RS. I am guessing the turbo S is faster than the GT3 RS on the street. Why were you not sad to let the GT3 go?

I do not have any twisty roads in my area where I live. So it is difficult for me to grasp claims of difference in driving between the M5 variants. My daily driver has hydraulic steering and I feel no difference or do not notice any difference when I drive the M5.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 09:32 PM   #25
Rossocorsa
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by APARSHr35 View Post
Quote:
Hello,

What type of test drive did you perform to compare the cars? Were these drives on highways, roads around the dealership with speed limits less than 50 mph, twisty roads?
Twisty roads for both. Did not take the CS on the freeway, was lucky enough to be near some backroads where you can push the car a bit. I took the M5 Base on both twisty backroads and the freeway.

Just in case it matters.

I test drove a 992 Turbo S about 8 months ago. Did not like it. It felt slow for regular driving as funny as that sounds. No character. I think if it had an aftermarket exaust i would have liked it better. I had just sold my 991.2 GT3 RS so i suppose i prefer the track feel even in my daily. I LOVED my GT3 RS. I'm not sad i sold it though.

I also drove the Taycan Turbo S on both sideroads and freeway. I've gotta admit, it was impressive. Really great feeling car all around.
That is strange the Turbo S felt slow to you. Was that a 992 Turbo S? Maybe because it is more refined than the GT3 RS. I am guessing the turbo S is faster than the GT3 RS on the street. Why were you not sad to let the GT3 go?

I do not have any twisty roads in my area where I live. So it is difficult for me to grasp claims of difference in driving between the M5 variants. My daily driver has hydraulic steering and I feel no difference or do not notice any difference when I drive the M5.
I know you said you like a track focused car but you may want to look at the M5C which is close to the CS in real performance, comes with ventilated front seats and is a 5-seater.

If I was speculating, I'd say none of these electric cars will hold value right now. The tech is moving too fast, and the Taycan is more of a Panamera (sedan) than a GT2RS or something.
Appreciate 0