BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    When will we have availability in showrooms?

04-26-2018, 04:02 PM   #23
olderguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Drives M5, R8

Looking forward to my first BMW. Coming from Audi. Can you tell me how long this first part lasts? "Your order is in the system and on its way to production."
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 04:29 PM   #24
tcw495
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
Looking forward to my first BMW. Coming from Audi. Can you tell me how long this first part lasts? "Your order is in the system and on its way to production."
The best way to get updates is to call BMW Genius @ 1-844-443-6487. They have the most real-time updates and should be able to give you the estimated date of your vehicle's production (and then add about a month from then for delivery to the US because of the shipping time).

What's your production number? I wonder if yours will be produced around the same time as mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #25
olderguy
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Drives M5, R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcw495 View Post
The best way to get updates is to call BMW Genius @ 1-844-443-6487. They have the most real-time updates and should be able to give you the estimated date of your vehicle's production (and then add about a month from then for delivery to the US because of the shipping time).

What's your production number? I wonder if yours will be produced around the same time as mine.
So helpful. Thanks! BMW Genius respond with the 21st week slated for production. That makes it May 20-25 by my count. I'm guessing two months for delivery after that?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #26
tcw495
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
So helpful. Thanks! BMW Genius respond with the 21st week slated for production. That makes it May 20-25 by my count. I'm guessing two months for delivery after that?
It's possible that your car will be completed in the 21st week (that's just an estimate so it could start or finish around that week). So it's possible you'll have your car at your local dealer by end of June/early July depending where it's being shipped to.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #27
M5speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Garage List
I got lucky fonding everything but the interior trim color in the color I wanted here in Chicago. I experienced the same thing. $2000 markups all over locally just to order one and they were wishy washy on their allocations for build dates. I even had one dealer try to slide in the markup as a 6.9% finance apr rate.

I got lucky though calling around for allocations and found a dealer who had one arrive the day before and hadnt listed it on the web yet. Turns out someone ordered and cancelled it. Marina bay blue with Aragon two tone brown interior. The new car smell is intoxicating!

I personally could not give up four to five months of driving pleasure over a couple of minor option differences. The options it was missing were ceramic brakes and rear entertainment.

In the end, I got an easy $3000 off msrp and a low apr rate. Work the phones, call around. Theres more available often times than what shows online apparently in some cases.

Coming from Audi as well, I bought out my lease, sold the car at a modest loss and now enjoy the hell out of every day driving the M5.

Last edited by M5speed; 04-26-2018 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: Adding
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 10:50 AM   #28
tcw495
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5speed View Post
I got lucky fonding everything but the interior trim color in the color I wanted here in Chicago. I experienced the same thing. $2000 markups all over locally just to order one and they were wishy washy on their allocations for build dates. I even had one dealer try to slide in the markup as a 6.9% finance apr rate.

I got lucky though calling around for allocations and found a dealer who had one arrive the day before and hadnt listed it on the web yet. Turns out someone ordered and cancelled it. Marina bay blue with Aragon two tone brown interior. The new car smell is intoxicating!

I personally could not give up four to five months of driving pleasure over a couple of minor option differences. The options it was missing were ceramic brakes and rear entertainment.

In the end, I got an easy $3000 off msrp and a low apr rate. Work the phones, call around. Theres more available often times than what shows online apparently in some cases.

Coming from Audi as well, I bought out my lease, sold the car at a modest loss and now enjoy the hell out of every day driving the M5.
Looks like many of us are in the same boat. I too am in a leased Audi at the moment, planning to sell at a modest loss.

But, I can't find an M5 anywhere in the bluestone metallic, so I'm waiting on an order.
Appreciate 0