BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Chalk / Tartufo or Velvet Blue / Smoke White

View Poll Results: Which Color Combo?
Chalk & Tartufo 14 60.87%
Velvet Blue & Smoke White 9 39.13%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

09-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
Drew1204
Private
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Chalk / Tartufo or Velvet Blue / Smoke White

I can't decide which color to go with and it is driving me crazy!

Currently I have an order for a 2020 comp placed for chalk with tartufo!

I love tartufo and chalk and keep coming to the forums looking at 100s of posts for weeks of individual colors of M3s, M4s, M5s etc and see something beautiful and then get stuck and flip my decision.

I think chalk is more unique and special than Nardo now that many manufacturers including Toyota, Jeep and Dodge all have that same exact Nardo gray color that is so popular. I also really like tartufo interior and think it pairs really well with lighter colors like Chalk, Nardo and Donington.

Chalk is 99% sweat shirt gray and 1% brown and I think tartufo would go great with chalk. I've seen many 911's with chalk, and quite a few have chocolate brown / mocha interior and it looks very nice.

I've read the posts here on Donington, or individual fashion grey, nardo and chalk people commented the only thing they wish they would change was that they went with tartufo or a different interior instead of black interior after seeing it in person or in photos.

I previously had an Interlagos m3 e92 and I loved that color. It would get many random compliments at gas stations, red lights etc.

I didn't want to do MBB as it seemed too similar to my e92 and I wanted the m5 comp to feel more like a 'new' car with a different color. I also really liked Donington but that is also too common, like MBB in my opinion yet both are beautiful.

Then I came across an individual velvet blue M3 with opal interior and thought it was gorgeous, maybe even better than Interlagos and still different enough. I think velvet blue would look best with a lighter interior like smoke white than tartufo...

I also think since I am ordering individual that I should go with more of a unique / special “Color” like velvet blue than arguably more plain chalk. My current Raptor is avalanche gray so that is pretty similar to chalk. Avalanche is just lighter and more gray. But maybe the understated elegance and sportiness of chalk is more fitting at the same time?

My dad's 550xi has a ivory interior and only 30,000 miles and doesn't look very good already surprisingly. It's looking worn / slightly gray and doesn't look clean.

Granted I would be more of a neat freak and keep it as clean as I could. This isn't something I'd have to worry as much with tartufo, and I love the contrast white stitching with tartufo.

...Thus I cannot decide if I should keep chalk / tartufo or switch it to velvet blue and smoke white? I am only 29 years old if that matters, and it is going to be a lease but I am considering buying it out at the end of the lease so trying to think long term which is why I decided against twilight purple.

Last edited by Drew1204; 09-05-2019 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #2
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

twilight purple all day long!
      09-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #3
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

I saw chalk on a M5 Comp recently and it looks so much better than in pics online. Really liked it. Of the 2 options, I'd go Chalk.
      09-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #4
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

What about Velvet Blue and Tartufo?
      09-07-2019, 04:26 AM   #5
jsf721
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i X M Sport