BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Switching out trim

09-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

Switching out trim

Local dealer has a well optioned comp but has wood trim. Prob would get a smoking deal on the car but really need carbon.

Anybody have an idea on the cost of the trim and possibly install

Sure in the end it prob won’t make sense but I would be trading in my m4 early and looking for them to assume the payments. Need a local
Dealer
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2019, 05:04 PM   #2
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Local dealer has a well optioned comp but has wood trim. Prob would get a smoking deal on the car but really need carbon.

Anybody have an idea on the cost of the trim and possibly install

Sure in the end it prob won't make sense but I would be trading in my m4 early and looking for them to assume the payments. Need a local
Dealer
It's not possible... The door trim is what fucks it up - they have the flimsiest most daintiest tabs that are designed like a condom - it's a one time use thing...

It's not worth the headache and hassle - tabs will be broken, I can assure you, lol...

Plus, the "carbon" isn't really carbon anymore... it's like not e9x era carbon trim or even f8x carbon trim... It's like - more silver with patterns...
Appreciate 0