THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Anyone notice knocking sound on suspension???

02-12-2016, 02:45 AM   #23
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

In some special circumstances, my muffler or other exhaust part at the very rear just touches some part of the body making a knock; otherwise the car is solid and noise-free after a year/12,000 km. Driving it rather strong
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #24
Jasond13
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by msginnie View Post
It may be because of steering rack bolts also. Have you checked it? There have been numerous reports that these get loose. These are two in the cowl one is under battery and brake booster and other is underneath the car which sometimes become hard to get. You need to have good maneuvering skills, as you need to get the extension through some pretty harsh road .
Mine sounds like metal bounsing off of metal. The smallest bumps are the worst at low speed I'm hoping your right and it's something like this. But God is it annoying. It is kind of depressing on a 50k car.
Appreciate 0