BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Dealership canceled my lease after two weeks?

08-20-2019, 09:52 PM   #67
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaly View Post
Yes, that's the exception they'd need that I mentioned. Even lightly used 2019s may need it under some circumstances. I suspect that's where it all went south.
Yep... I guess we all are using supposition here but a lease contract is binding unless the dealer sent a letter of rescission (state dependent) so in effect if this was the case the dealer would be the holder of the lease agreement and they shit the bed.

No chance this dealer wants to hold the contract and collect the payments LOL.
Right. And likely they've no experience in a situation like this, certainly the sales advisor won't. Maybe the manager might although unlikely as well I'd guess. So they panicked and did the brute force approach: take the car back, yet the lease was still written. I'm not sure how they expect this to play out in their head. Seems pretty amateur hour over there.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 05:56 AM   #68
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Seems like some great insight from forum members here. Personally I would say that giving up your sole bargaining chip was a mistake, but in doing so you placed a lot of trust in the dealer and so they definitely need to make this right. This is all on them.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:29 AM   #69
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '%E2%80%9909 e92 m3, '19 X3, %

OP- this car is listed for sale only, not leasable...which means they leased you a REPO car by mistake probably, or the car has some sort of stipulation from FS that it cannot be leased, and only sold.

if you dealt with Aimon, I'm sure you'll get your car in the next week or two- demo's aren't necessarily on the east coast, and take time to ship in. I waiting 2.5 months for my '19 comp to come in from Chicago.

also if you had an '18 demo- and it was from the west coast, means it was probably a performance center car- you don't want that car anyway lol..

On the contrary, you should have secured your replacement before returning...if you don't have a car, and dont have a definite date of arrival, I'd march back there and ask them to give you a bmw rental or loaner until it arrives.

regardless sorry to hear about your troubles- keep being persistent with them, I'm sure they'll make it right.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #70
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep

another word of advice is- forget the lawyers. unless you are a lawyer, or you have a family member or a friend- you'll just spin your wheels and burn your cash.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 08:37 AM   #71
gtenedio
Major
United_States
Rep

sorry for the 3rd post- just re-reading the previous page now...
if it was already leased in 2018, then this wasn't a demo. it was for sure a REPO car.
you can't re-lease any car that was repo'd, I believe. sounds like an internal fuck up with BMWFS.
Appreciate 0