BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5c or M5

04-03-2019, 02:46 PM   #45
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw3571 View Post
You're right, I do need to drive both of them. It's hard because you don't know what people are used. I have a 911 Carrera S as well as an Audi S4, I need to determine if the M5C will be stiffer than the 911 which i find very acceptable.
The M5/M5C is on my short list to replace my POS Velar.

Recently drove my '11 GT3 to local dealer to test-drive an M5C to get a perspective on how its rides compared to a hard-core 911. My GT3 is stock except for exhaust. Simply put, I was astonished to discover how the M5C felt firmer and stiffer in terms of ride quality compared to my GT3, over small bumps, expansion joints, poorly-maintained roads filled with shoddily-repaired potholes. And this is despite the M5C's plusher seats compared to the carbon fiber shell race-style bucket seats that are in my GT3. I was quite surprised how much stiffer it felt compared to the base M5 I drove a few weeks before. Like many have already mentioned here, the suspension tuning transforms it to a totally different car compared to the base M5. Perhaps the stiffer suspension has an exponential impact (pun intended) on the M5C's sheer mass. Over small bumps and road imperfections, my GT3 just felt smoother and crashed less. Based on this experience, I may go with base M5 as there's no need to own 2 cars that will challenge my spine

But damn, the exhaust on that M5C though.... what a beast!
      04-04-2019, 05:47 AM   #46
MCOMP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19' M5 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmole View Post
The M5/M5C is on my short list to replace my POS Velar.

Recently drove my '11 GT3 to local dealer to test-drive an M5C to get a perspective on how its rides compared to a hard-core 911. My GT3 is stock except for exhaust. Simply put, I was astonished to discover how the M5C felt firmer and stiffer in terms of ride quality compared to my GT3, over small bumps, expansion joints, poorly-maintained roads filled with shoddily-repaired potholes. And this is despite the M5C's plusher seats compared to the carbon fiber shell race-style bucket seats that are in my GT3. I was quite surprised how much stiffer it felt compared to the base M5 I drove a few weeks before. Like many have already mentioned here, the suspension tuning transforms it to a totally different car compared to the base M5. Perhaps the stiffer suspension has an exponential impact (pun intended) on the M5C's sheer mass. Over small bumps and road imperfections, my GT3 just felt smoother and crashed less. Based on this experience, I may go with base M5 as there's no need to own 2 cars that will challenge my spine

But damn, the exhaust on that M5C though.... what a beast!
I completely agree with your comparison of the two M5 versions, Get the base and upgrade to Sport exhaust for less than $1k from a forum member who upgraded to aftermarket.

2019 MBB/Aragon M5C
M Performance: Exhaust Tips/Pro Spoiler/Rear Diffuser. H&R 11/11 Spacers ACG Carbon Kevlar Pads XPEL Front PPF Ceramic Pro Silver 20% Tints Instagram #m5comp
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #47
dappercivility
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

M5 with the competition package.
      04-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #48
Huncowboy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5, '19 750i

I had the prior M5 non comp. It was fine as a daily driver. I did not test drive the regular F90 M5, only the comp. I had concerns about the ride as well. It felt fine. Definitely not the 7 series kind of a ride but it was comparable to my old non comp M5 which was perfect for longer highway cruises.

To me personally the comp looks better with the dark inserts on a lighter color. I wanted something else other than black this time and the defuser, the mirror, the carbon top, and the grill looks great on marina blue. This will be one of the first cars in a very long time for me without a sunroof, because the carbon roof looks great as well.

As far as the extra HP, I could care less. But the exhaust is very sweet and the lower ride looks better. Again, my opinion.

There is a decent incentive for the non comp. 4 or 5k I think. Nothing for the comp. So if I were to lease this as I usually do, and go with a sapphire black as I usually do, I might have done the non comp. The non comp looks elegant in black. The comp is a bit flashy. If someone wants a non flashy car, which is what the M5 supposed to be, the non comp is probably the answer. In black with the basic wheels most people will think it is a 5 series with sport package. Not so for the M5C marina blue. But this blue is just so beautiful that I had to get it.

I also plan to keep this car just because I feel this might be one of the last not hyper modern interior, al iPad dash, hybrid, etc M5 they will make. I could be wrong. But I think this will sit in my garage for good as a 3rd car eventually and as such I felt the comp was the more memorable of the two.
Appreciate 1
josec704062.00
      04-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #49
Mark240sx
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

I went with the Comp. Really like the looks of the upgrades. I test drove both. This car has a fast acceleration and not jerky at all.
2012 M3 Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #50
Steeve19M5CP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 MBB Blue M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
everyone with a comp is going to say comp just because they want to feel like their 4200lb sedan is now truly a racecar, because of a stiffer suspension and a negligible amount of hp. I opted to spend more money on individual color rather than cp.

Had cp on the f10, waste of money.
correct +1 on CP lol

best overall package hands down
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo-Manual 6spd -Giallo Midas Pearl Yellow-Modified
2018 Range Rover Velar S-White
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #51
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davem2c View Post
About to possibly lemon my M3cs. Will be willing to speak to dealers or leasing agents on a new car.
No time behind the steering in M5C, and I have M5C envy at times but enjoying:
1. X pipe (Better sound than M5C) for 500$
2. Lower with M550Xi springs H&R about 1000$ installed
3. Race Chipped less than 900$ installed (Now way more powerful than M5C)
4. Added Carbon fiber Splitters and M Performance spoiler and now not itching for M5C no more since I know I won't track it so why make it so track oriented all the time, unless for bragging rights?

All for less than 50% the cost and looks way cooler, being much lower and more individual and up above all cheaper!

But heard steering is superior in M5C and only a software

Hope this helps
I'll probably do comp because I don't mod my cars and I like the wheels and lower ride height.. performance improvement is negligible and I'll never track the car. I wish I could get chrome exhaust and painted rear diffuser on the comp but oh well
I have my non comp exhaust sitting at Auto Talent - feel free to take it... Or even just pluck the chrome tips off of it... Don't worry about paying me for it...

If you aren't local, I'm sure the tips could be mailed to you, just cover the shipping costs...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #52
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
i've got cc's on my z06 and they are absolutely worth the price of admission simply for no dust. I used to laugh at people when they told me this prior to me owning a set. But laugh no more..
This... Did the same thing where I'd die laughing when people said worth it for brake dust alone...

Man, they weren't fucking kidding, lol... It's non existent... Of course, I got all black wheels this time around but still lol...
Appreciate 1
bear04059.00