BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    m5 purchased - question

08-30-2019, 09:40 PM   #1
m52b2g
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m5

m5 purchased - question

just purchased a 18 m5 w 4k miles. dealer he stated previous owner installed m performance exhaust and after market wheels. we exchanged several emails to confirm the exhaust b/c of the tips looked stock. he said previous owner used original tips and sent a photo of the xpipe to show it being an upgraded exhaust.
when vehicle arrived sadly it did not have a m performance exhaust. atleast by sound. when i called to express my frustration he said well thats what the previous owner said good luck.
bp members do i have any recourse here?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:01 AM   #2
creedthings
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 Comp

probably just m sport exhaust but kinda messed up he "accidently" called it the m performance $7k exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 06:55 AM   #3
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by m52b2g View Post
just purchased a 18 m5 w 4k miles. dealer he stated previous owner installed m performance exhaust and after market wheels. we exchanged several emails to confirm the exhaust b/c of the tips looked stock. he said previous owner used original tips and sent a photo of the xpipe to show it being an upgraded exhaust.
when vehicle arrived sadly it did not have a m performance exhaust. atleast by sound. when i called to express my frustration he said well thats what the previous owner said good luck.
Was this at RickHill? I was told the same but those tips were throwing me off. It doesn’t add up somewhat. You put a 7k exhaust on with aftermarket HREs and THEN use BS OEM tips?... Anyway, GL with it as I’m sure it’s still fantastic. Btw it should be real obvious which exhaust it is when starting it up and hammering it on the highway. Obviously
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 07:46 AM   #4
vitaly
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by m52b2g View Post
Did you have the car shipped to you sight unseen or something? If so, not sure what practical recourse you have. Would you not have purchased if it didn't have the supposed MPE? Or would you have asked for a lower price?

Either way, there's always an abundance of shady dealers - buyer beware at all times

If you're inclined, try to speak with the GM of the dealer and show them what the SA said. Ask for some compensation, and threaten to file a formal complaint and/or go to the local media with it.
Appreciate 0